Is Steve Keim forcing Vance Joseph's hand?

Keim forcing Vance's hand?

• yes

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • no

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • probably reading into this too much

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is about respecting the player and his seeing the writing on the wall.

I think that plays a part in it, but I also think Keim is pleased with the situation and is going to use it to leverage VJ to play him. I also ALSO think it's a sad state of affairs that our GM has to do something like that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Getting into Walter territory now. Soon someone will be writing a 2000 word article on whats really going on in the FO while sat 1000 miles away.

I think far more likely Vance told Keim that Hicks is a weakness in the offseason and this is Keim saying "here's your solution".

OP
OP
Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Getting into Walter territory now. Soon someone will be writing a 2000 word article on whats really going on in the FO while sat 1000 miles away.

I think far more likely Vance told Keim that Hicks is a weakness in the offseason and this is Keim saying "here's your solution".
dont you Walter me, BritCard. thats swing worthy :D

But I honestly think this narrative might have some merit. Hicks was clearly a weakness but Zaven hasn't even gone through a rookie mini camp and Keim is immediately moving Hicks. There is no decision to be made by Vance and Im ok with it. We've got our guy, lets train him up and have no ambiguity around the situation.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OP
OP
Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's intimated in the original tweet. Would it be doing right by him if it was something he hadn't asked for?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
no, its not intimated in the original tweet, you're drawing that conclusion and official Cards media saying it hasn't been reported where the trade originated.

the "doing right by him" is letting him try to pick a new city as we ship him out of town

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
This is just my opinion, but saying that they have given him and his agent permission to seek a trade means it's something they wanted.

I couldn't imagine a team just randomly waking up to a player and tell them it's ok to seek a trade.

My opinion also if the team was shopping him, then that is a team decision.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

He'd probably write an article detailing how Belichick, the GM, is forcing the hand of Belichick, the coach.

OP
OP
Zeem_Freeze

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is just my opinion, but saying that they have given him and his agent permission to seek a trade means it's something they wanted.

I couldn't imagine a team just randomly waking up to a player and tell them it's ok to seek a trade.

that verbiage could just as easily convey "hey we're moving your a$$ for a 5th or 6th round pick but youve been a professional so here's permission to have some control in your destination"

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I voted yes btw lol gl to joseph on deciding which lb combo will perform best when reg season camp begins

Go cards!!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

No. The verbiage used, means that Hicks wants a trade.

Honestly though, who cares? Hicks was BAAAAAD last year. Him and Campbell were one of the biggest weak points on the team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave