Longtime lurker observations...

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hi All - longtime lurker on these message boards, finally decided to join on the fun here!

As an observer, I’ve noticed this board has your typical trolls, typical die hard but always negative fans and then the optimistic folks! Count me in the optimistic group. Here are just a few of my team observations...

1 - this team was historically bad just before the 2019 draft. Reason why the Cards were selecting #1. The roster has been baron the past 2 years. Drafting aside from Kyler as been atrocious.

2 - This isn’t some Mahomes or Lamar situation where Kyler was walking into a ready made team. Heck, not even a Drew Lock situation w a ready made defense and significant offensive pieces in play. In 2019, you had Kyler and maybe 3-5 quality starters in total out of the 22.

3 - Kingsbury might be the worse coach in the NFL. Not only awful in situational coaching but also playcalling. Still trying to figure out what he’s doing have Hopkins on one side of the field running the same or similar 8 yards or less route 99% of the snaps. If you watched Kyler in college accuracy and deep ball accuracy were some of his + traits.

4 - Forget PFF, as a Colts fan first seeing Luck get obliterated.. this offensive line was worse. Kylers legs saved it from being in my opinion the worse in the NFL.

5 - weapons outside of Hopkins? Forget. Kirk is a 4th at best, Isabella won’t be on a roster in a few years. Fitz, we all love him but he was 37? No speed or separation. Excited to see AJ and Rondale. I actually liked Arnold, he was a work in progress, too many drops but smooth. Would be awesome to get Hayden Hurst. Conner is an upgrade over Drake for sure. Take away the Dallas garbage yards he accumulated and he was more than awful last year.

6 - can you name a team in the NFL that upgraded more starting positions this year? I am counting Chandler Jones as well as Simmons.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hi All - longtime lurker on these message boards, finally decided to join on the fun here!

As an observer, I’ve noticed this board has your typical trolls, typical die hard but always negative fans and then the optimistic folks! Count me in the optimistic group. Here are just a few of my team observations...

1 - this team was historically bad just before the 2019 draft. Reason why the Cards were selecting #1. The roster has been baron the past 2 years. Drafting aside from Kyler as been atrocious.

2 - This isn’t some Mahomes or Lamar situation where Kyler was walking into a ready made team. Heck, not even a Drew Lock situation w a ready made defense and significant offensive pieces in play. In 2019, you had Kyler and maybe 3-5 quality starters in total out of the 22.

3 - Kingsbury might be the worse coach in the NFL. Not only awful in situational coaching but also playcalling. Still trying to figure out what he’s doing have Hopkins on one side of the field running the same or similar 8 yards or less route 99% of the snaps. If you watched Kyler in college accuracy and deep ball accuracy were some of his + traits.

4 - Forget PFF, as a Colts fan first seeing Luck get obliterated.. this offensive line was worse. Kylers legs saved it from being in my opinion the worse in the NFL.

5 - weapons outside of Hopkins? Forget. Kirk is a 4th at best, Isabella won’t be on a roster in a few years. Fitz, we all love him but he was 37? No speed or separation. Excited to see AJ and Rondale. I actually liked Arnold, he was a work in progress, too many drops but smooth. Would be awesome to get Hayden Hurst. Conner is an upgrade over Drake for sure. Take away the Dallas garbage yards he accumulated and he was more than awful last year.

6 - can you name a team in the NFL that upgraded more starting positions this year? I am counting Chandler Jones as well as Simmons.

Welcome! I'll have a Makers with pickle back and a side of chili cheese fries.

1. I agree and I think some of the less realistic fans on here don't really account for the growth. The last few years of the Arians era was spent chasing a playoff berth by adding Arians type players, while the core of the team was aging.

2. Agreed. I think this team wasn't very good talent wise during Kyler's first year but has gotten significantly MORE talented since then.

3. I don't agree; I think he's a middle of the pack coach, but his strength is being undermined by a QB who is struggling at some basic things.

4. Naw, I saw quite a few offensive lines that were worse than the Cardinals last year. The Seahawks line is BAAAAAD.

5. I think Kirk is a slot guy and I agree that I think Green and Moore will be an upgrade. Arnold was inconsistent.

6. I think the Cardinals won't generate excitement because of how they fell apart last year, but I think they improved as much as any team. Too many Cardinals fans are sleeping on the signing of JJ Watt, who is still a really good DL.

Reaction score
Welcome to the board! I thought you said you were in the optimistic group? Your post was mostly darksider lol. I'll have a cold bottle of Budlight & some of Krang's chili cheese fries.

OP
OP
D

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol.. appreciate the welcome vibes team! My post is optimistic for the future, this year. My grim is on the past 2 years of more so the harsh opinions given on the Cards and Kyelr in praticular of a number of folks on this board! You put Patty Mahomes on this squad without an Andy Reid the first two years and I don’t think you get much better results. Kyler isn’t Patty, but better far better weapons, Oline and a generational coach.

Barren (thank you my Canadian grammar professor - there’s always someone who loves to correct grammar on a message board!.. this isn’t a work email!)

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol.. appreciate the welcome vibes team! My post is optimistic for the future, this year. My grim is on the past 2 years of more so the harsh opinions given on the Cards and Kyelr in praticular of a number of folks on this board! You put Patty Mahomes on this squad without an Andy Reid the first two years and I don’t think you get much better results. Kyler isn’t Patty, but better far better weapons, Oline and a generational coach.

Barren (thank you my Canadian grammar professor - there’s always someone who loves to correct grammar on a message board!.. this isn’t a work email!)

You're welcome.

And it was a spelling mistake, not a grammarly incorrect sentence and a funny one at that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oh buddy, I can tell you love getting in spelling/grammar/punctuation debates. You sound really fun to hang out with.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score

Welcome, great first post. I agree with most.

I don’t think Kingsbury is the worst, but he needs to improve dramatically or he’s gone.

I also wanted Arnold back not that he was great but was a threat we haven’t had in a TE. Max & Arnold were a good change up.

Don’t understand how Hopkins was stuck in suck a limited route tree on one side. That is VERY concerning to me. If Kingsbury is such a guru than what the hell.

OP
OP
D

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I don’t think Kingsbury is the worst, but he needs to improve dramatically or he’s gone.

I also wanted Arnold back not that he was great but was a threat we haven’t had in a TE. Max & Arnold were a good change up.

Don’t understand how Hopkins was stuck in suck a limited route tree on one side. That is VERY concerning to me. If Kingsbury is such a guru than what the hell.

My main concerns are..

- Kliffy (those who keep saying he’s mediocre or has potential - pls point out where rather than just saying so?)

- Injury bug. We signed a lot of older players which I am OK with based on our limited young talent and lack of draft picks... but it’s a real possibility that this will just be an injury washed vet team. However - I think this was the best gamble we could do at this point in trying to take advantage of Kylers rookie contract.

3 - DB. Wtf are we doing here? Looks like just depend on the past rush and let it roll at this point!!?! Worked for the Bucs pretty darn well, I don’t think prior or even early in the season anyone was saying the DBs were elite.. but they were young and athletic to adapt. Something the Cards DBs are not.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board. I'm still not sold on KK.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I read, where I don't know, Kingsbury saying that it takes two/three seasons for a QB to fully familiarize with an offence and the defences they will face. As such, I think KK has approached this in a set-piece fashion given KM's limited College starts and Dhop was assigned a specific role. The training wheels, I suspect, are now off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose