Suns @ Warriors Tuesday game thread 5-11-2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curry 1-11 from deep.

and Book had 31 in the first 3. 3 in the last quarter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What annoys me most about this game is that the Warriors put on that offensive performance and Curry shot the ball like crap...

It’s what worries me about any series, regardless of the Lakers. Our D has fallen off a cliff the last month of the season.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Maybe but not if our defense doesn’t improve, something’s badly broken
I think the back breaker tonight was allowing them to get 12 offensive rebounds. That and Wiggins had one of the best games of his career tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns need Ayton back to form a big three with Paul and Booker to go anywhere but we have known this all season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s what worries me about any series, regardless of the Lakers. Our D has fallen off a cliff the last month of the season.

A lot of this is on Ayton and Saric. Kaminsky does the best he can.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
probably not. They’ve been load managing all season. I assume they’d continue to to avoid the Lakers.

such a disappointing end to what’s been such a great season. We’re just in crash and burn mode.

just lost a game where we had a 16 point lead and Steph didn’t even play well.

I feel like we are not running point 5 nearly enough. Way too much iso of cp3 and book in my opinion.

Pick and roll was almost non existent tonight even though ayton had a big advantage.

mikal and DA barely got any shots. That’s just not going to win us many games.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of this is on Ayton and Saric. Kaminsky does the best he can.

I never thought we could count on Saric since he got here. Nothing has really changed. Ayton? That's a different story. We can't go far with him playing like he has the past two games.

I said it after the last game. Booker can put up 30+ and Paul 10 assists and we are still very beatable unless Ayton shows up. If Bridges is off too? It's going to be tough to counter many teams we face in the playoffs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s official, I have never disliked a suns player more than deandre Ayton. He was the worst player in the court tonight.

and as much as books offense carried us, his defense tonight was old school “Booker sucks at defense” Booker. He was PUTRID defensively giving up back door layup after back door dunk.

this team is going out in the first round.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns need Ayton back to form a big three with Paul and Booker to go anywhere but we have known this all season.

I put his lack of shots on cp3 and book, not him. Although he should have got a couple offensive put backs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put his lack of shots on cp3 and book, not him. Although he should have got a couple offensive put backs.

Are you watching him closely on offense? I keyed on him all night on offense. Tonight he never rolled hard to the basket. Sometimes He would make a weak at best attempt to get position on guys six inches shorter than him and then just stand there and do nothing. And he wasn’t attacking the glass.

he makes himself a non-factor on offense because he’s not willing to fight for position or possibly do the work to learn how to get it. I don’t know which one it is, but It doesn’t matter at this point because the end result is the same.

I think I made the decision tonight to look at us for what we really are... more of a 7 seed who played relatively injury free in a messed up season where injuries and load management dominated the league. So, I won’t go in being disappointed that we have to play the Lakers as a 2 seed. As we’ve come down the stretch and started playing full rosters, we’re looking more and more like a 4-7 club. And if the Lakers are healthy I DO look at them as a title favorite. So, what I want to see in that matchup is how much of a fight we give them. Does Devin play like a star when the lights shine brightest? Does DA get up for playoff games or continue this turtle crawling back in his shell performance the last ten or so games.

that’s what I’m kind of resigning myself to. But this team is obviously ahead of schedule. They’re a playoff team. If you had told me that at the beginning of the season, I’d have been stoked. The question in the off-season will be what is the move that makes them a contender with the big boys?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think the back breaker tonight was allowing them to get 12 offensive rebounds. That and Wiggins had one of the best games of his career tonight.
Yup. No box out. No hustle by Ayton. He’s back, consistently lately, to pure flatulAyton.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If LeBron is healthy, the Lakers might beat us in 3 where the league will just waive the white flag for game 4. We couldn’t do play D to save our life tonight against one of the smallest teams in the league.

The biggest most athletic will crush us something stupid.