Suns @ Warriors Tuesday game thread 5-11-2021

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least three or four plays already where a warrior was alone under the basket.

That happens every Warriors game because teams are so focused on Steph. That dunk by JTA on the fake handoff that's become a signature play this year first for Draymond and now JTA has figured it out too. They know the defense is going to go to Steph so both defenders go to Steph, fake the handoff and go to the rim.

Really impressed with the defense they are loading up on Steph but they're doing it really well Steph can't just beat the double or triple and have a guy wide open he's having difficulty passing because of the length.

Really impressed with Bridges on defense he's just not giving Steph any oxygen

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’re letting the Warriors hang around in a game where Curry has 4 points... and we’ve been en fuego from 3? Also, closed the quarter poorly again.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10 for 18 from 3, wonder if we can keep that up in the second half?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s really been a while since this team really got at it, night in night out on D.

what’s frustrating is you know they can play lights out defense. That Cleveland game was a perfect example

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what’s frustrating is you know they can play lights out defense. That Cleveland game was a perfect example

that was five minutes, though. Against an absolutely ATROCIOUS team missing half of their starters, that was extended to OT.

I was super impressed in the moment, but as the moment has faded, I have a hard time putting much stock into that five minutes in the midst of such a weak streak defensively for a while.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone needs to score besides Paul.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
that was five minutes, though. Against an absolutely ATROCIOUS team missing half of their starters, that was extended to OT.

I was super impressed in the moment, but as the moment has faded, I have a hard time putting much stock into that five minutes in the midst of such a weak streak defensively for a while.

we’ve pretty much spent the majority of season being one of the better defensive teams in the nba but that’s gone out the window

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does the ref call a foul on Booker on that play,. He was literally running away from Bazemore.

I know it's a hard game to ref but that can't be a foul

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

4th quarter vs the Knicks is a better indicator.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we’ve pretty much spent the majority of season being one of the better defensive teams in the nba but that’s gone out the window

I know, but that been AWOL for about a month now. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that it’s happened as Ayton has all but disappeared lately. He’s the anchor. Without him we are simply adrift.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns version of load management seems to be only showing up for the 2nd half or 4th quarter defensively.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to see Booker hitting shots.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know, but that been AWOL for about a month now. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that it’s happened as Ayton has all but disappeared lately. He’s the anchor. Without him we are simply adrift.

dude not everything in the world is Aytons fault. It’s a whole team effort problem

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we’re talking about an OT or a quarter though. There’s just zero consistency.

Yeah but isn't that mostly what we've done this season? I think we played good defense for 3 quarters against Miami but for the most part it's just been a couple of strong stretches per game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but isn't that mostly what we've done this season? I think we played good defense for 3 quarters against Miami but for the most part it's just been a couple of strong stretches per game.

we just did it more often before the last month. We can really only point to two moments where we all think the D has been smoking. I feel like that was happening with a lot more regularity earlier in the season. Maybe that was because we were taking on worse opponents or we had fresher legs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton fails to block out Draymond from the bench allowing a horrible put back dunk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude not everything in the world is Aytons fault. It’s a whole team effort problem

Yeah... Disagree. Bridges plays good D the majority of games. Craig, Carter, Crowder all play hard most nights. Ayton’s MAIN ROLE is to anchor the D. He hasn’t in the last month. He’s almost been invisible outside of the Knicks games.

reality is Sometimes he DOES deserve blame when that is pretty much the ONLY thing he’s expected to do out there.