OT DK Metcalf wants to be in the Olympics

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Oh I'm sure he can but at a certain point improvements in sprints get smaller and smaller as you fine tune the mechanics of running.

I think he can get faster but I don't think he can get fast enough to qualify for the Olympics which he said was his goal. I actually didn't think he was serious I thought he was just trying to get some publicity but finding out he trained for nearly 12 weeks makes me think he was serious.

He apparently has said he won't go any further he has to get ready for training camp now and realizes sprint training is not the way to do that.

I give him lots of credit for that, he's not going to let this sidetrack his NFL career
Definitely not Olympiad, but possible chance at trials...auto qualify is 10.05.
With full time training and racing, of course...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s impressive. Look at his size compared to the other guys. Those sprinters who couldn’t wait to teach him a lesson should just be happy he plays football as I’m not sure he wouldn’t smoke them if he dedicated purely to sprinting.

I agree. At 40-50m, he was on the pace. If he took up this sport seriously...

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I googled that it said the pic on the left is from Aug 2018. Can't be true he can't have gotten that much bigger that fast he was a rookie in 2019. That has to be from 2016 or 2017?
I had a workout partner that went from a lank 195 to a shredded 245 in six months.... it can be done without juice

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was respectable. He’s near world class speed. I’m sure if he trained seriously he could run 10.1 maybe 10- flatish...

Yeah, but that is nowhere near Bolt.

If I were the Seahawks I would do everything I could to talk him out of continuing on.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I had a workout partner that went from a lank 195 to a shredded 245 in six months.... it can be done without juice
Thats physically impossible to do naturally according to studies I've seen. Hell the juicers I know never added pure muscle that fast.

I think you underestimate how easy it is to get juice.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I still think he can run faster. Staying in his drive phase longer and leaning are two ways he could shave another tenth to 2 tenths off his time. Additionally, he would get better with more races under his belts as well. No amount of training can substitute for races. I am pretty impressed.
Isabella would get him if he trained :p

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Thats physically impossible to do naturally according to studies I've seen. Hell the juicers I know never added pure muscle that fast.

I think you underestimate how easy it is to get juice.
Well we were in military prison at the time

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't read it but realize it's not like Metcalf had never worked out before and then after going on a program got stronger. he'd been in college, at a school, notorious for weight training.

But again I just don't believe the dates Google shows for that first pic, he had to be in HS or just arrived on campus there's no way he got that much bigger in 18 months when he had a neck injury during part of that time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave