Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Considering Harden is out for the regular season I think Book makes 3rd team. He’s still behind Paul, Luka, Lillard, Curry, Kyrie and George. If one or two are considered forwards he’s in for sure.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Considering Harden is out for the regular season I think Book makes 3rd team. He’s still behind Paul, Luka, Lillard, Curry, Kyrie and George. If one or two are considered forwards he’s in for sure.
It would be a damn shame if Booker didn’t make an all NBA team with 3 player of the week awards and a player of the month award while also being an all star.

Last edited:

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Oh man, getting both CP3 and Booker in as All NBA would be a great accomplishment, but there's going to be some tough competition.

I think it'll be...

1st
Luka
Curry

2nd
Dame
Westbrook

3rd
CP3
Simmons

But there are so many guards that have a valid argument for it.
Kyrie, Beal, Booker, Mitchell, Conley, Derozan, Lavine, Harden...

A lot of these guys are probably disqualified due to games missed but this year has been so weird that this might not be the black mark it usually is.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Oh man, getting both CP3 and Booker in as All NBA would be a great accomplishment, but there's going to be some tough competition.

I think it'll be...

1st
Luka
Curry

2nd
Dame
Westbrook

3rd
CP3
Simmons

But there are so many guards that have a valid argument for it.
Kyrie, Beal, Booker, Mitchell, Conley, Derozan, Lavine, Harden...

A lot of these guys are probably disqualified due to games missed but this year has been so weird that this might not be the black mark it usually is.

If either Westbrook/Beal are making they should be 3rd team. If they were top-15 players they wouldn’t be 30-35 in the East.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After tonight, we play 7 games in 12 days including back to back tomorrow....brutal.

All 7 teams are going to be tough with one more game at LAL which I'm sure LeBron will be playing in.

If we can go 4-3 that would be awesome.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If the 10-seed beats the 7-seed do they go in as the 8-seed given they’d have the worst record to make the playoffs?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If the 10-seed beats the 7-seed do they go in as the 8-seed given they’d have the worst record to make the playoffs?
The 10 Seed can't become the 7 seed. The 7 and 8 seed play each other to determine the 7th seed and the 9 and 10 seed play each other to determine who plays the loser of the other game for the 8 seed.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
About Kaminsky and Saric, Kaminsky has produced from the first game and been the most consistent of the two. Head scratching how he just dropped out of the rotation.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About Kaminsky and Saric, Kaminsky has produced from the first game and been the most consistent of the two. Head scratching how he just dropped out of the rotation.

Frank is an atrocious defender who often has the worst plus/minus on the team when he gets big minutes. I think he's still effective in limited time though.

I wondered why he was glued to the bench for a while also and when I looked into his stats more I saw that issue with the plus minus. The more he plays and the worse it gets.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My take is that Saric was the de facto backup center dating back to the Orlando bubble.

For the most part Kaminsky was competing for minutes at power forward with Crowder and Cam Johnson. The addition of Craig further contributed to this slide. When he fell out of favor at power forward, he slipped down the depth chart.

When the play of Saric declined, Kaminsky started competing directly with Saric for backup center minutes. I think this is generally how it evolved. Also I think Kaminsky is better suited to play center.