Suns @ Lakers Sunday game thread 5-9-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only five games left in the regular season.

The Suns hit the road for two games playing the Lakers on Sunday and the Warriors on Tuesday.

They return home for one game to play the Trail Blazers on Thursday and finish the season with back-to-back games at the Spurs on Saturday and Sunday.

Lakers are 37-30 and presently seeded 7th in the West. They have lost their last two games at the Clippers and Trail Blazers.

Suns are 48-19 and presently seeded 2nd in the West. They beat the Knicks at home on Friday.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona and NBA TV.

Start time is listed at 7 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No injury reports submitted as yet for either team but I suspect there is a chance we will hear something about the status of Lebron James later today.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Only five games left in the regular season.

The Suns hit the road for two games playing the Lakers on Sunday and the Warriors on Tuesday.

They return home for one game to play the Trail Blazers on Thursday and finish the season with back-to-back games at the Spurs on Saturday and Sunday.

Lakers are 37-30 and presently seeded 7th in the West. They have lost their last two games at the Clippers and Trail Blazers.

Suns are 48-19 and presently seeded 2nd in the West. They beat the Knicks at home on Friday.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona and NBA TV.

Start time is listed at 7 p.m. Arizona time.
Boy after 10 years or so...that record sure does look purrty

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to repeat a tweet already posted by @Ronin.

Frank Kaminsky has moved ahead of Dario Saric in the rotation as many suspected.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lebron James is OUT on Sunday for game with the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More on the Lakers injury report.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson is listed OUT for the Suns as is Abdel Nader.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
well, regardless of how "bizarre" and "head scratching" it may seem to some, i'm looking forward to playoff atmosphere and playoff intensity in a game the Suns must-win to take the top seed in the league and the Lakers must-win to get out of the play-in elimination round

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, regardless of how "bizarre" and "head scratching" it may seem to some, i'm looking forward to playoff atmosphere and playoff intensity in a game the Suns must-win to take the top seed in the league and the Lakers must-win to get out of the play-in elimination round

Totally gonna be playoff intensity... with the Lakers missing multiple players, including their best player who’s also the best player in the game right now and one of the best players of all time.

It’s gonna be like Game 7 of the WCF tonight!

This is really the hill you’re gonna die on, huh?

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
you like sarcasm...

yes, it would be bizarre for our boys to give 100% for their 30 minutes each tonight because only 1st place is on the line -- and head scratching to for us or the desperate Lakers to play with full intensity with Lebron out

yes, you got it cheese. i'm going to die on this hill -- soon to never be heard from again

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you like sarcasm...

yes, it would be bizarre for our boys to give 100% for their 30 minutes each tonight because only 1st place is on the line -- and head scratching to for us or the desperate Lakers to play with full intensity with Lebron out

yes, you got it cheese. i'm going to die on this hill -- soon to never be heard from again

lol... keep digging that hole. This is totally like a playoff game tonight.

Using your metric, EVERY game for every team in the playoff hunt is now playing with playoff game intensity. Did you watch the Clippers/NY game? They fit what you’re talking about. The Clippers should have been REALLY desperate to win and get the 2 seed because if they lost, they are stuck and could slip to the 4 only a game ahead of Denver. And the Knicks should be desperate to hang on to the 4 seed and get HCA in the first round. You know what the game looked like? A Sunday afternoon regular season game. Weird, huh?

as to your last comment, poop or get off the pot dude. This martyr game you’re playing is getting pretty lame.

Last edited:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
soon, cheese, soon. i just have a few more things i should learn from you before i go

being that it's not a playoff game,
how hard should our boys play tonight seeking just the top seed?
80%? 85?
god knows they've got to save some for the playoffs

or do you believe they can give 100% tonight and then give 110% for the playoffs?
i wasn't good at math or biology in school so i assumed 100% was the maximum effort a human body can sustain for 20 or 30 minutes

btw, your math isn't too good either, because my "metric" was that the Suns have been playing playoff-like games. i can't speak for any other team, especially the Clippers and Paul George who didn't even play a playoff-like game in last year's playoffs

as for the knicks, they lost their mojo when we took it the-hell away from them in our last playoff-like game!

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
soon, cheese, soon. i just have a few more things i should learn from you before i go

being that it's not a playoff game,
how hard should our boys play tonight seeking just the top seed?
80%? 85?
god knows they've got to save some for the playoffs

or do you believe they can give 100% tonight and then give 110% for the playoffs?
i wasn't good at math or biology in school so i assumed 100% was the maximum effort a human body can sustain for 20 or 30 minutes

btw, your math isn't too good either, because my "metric" was that the Suns have been playing playoff-like games. i can't speak for any other team, especially the Clippers and Paul George who didn't even play a playoff-like game in last year's playoffs

as for the knicks, they lost their mojo when we took it the-hell away from them in our last playoff-like game!

I believe you dying on this hill is comical at this point.

Also, the Knicks just beat one of the best teams in the NBA today on their home court. For a team who you say lost its mojo, you’re dead on, as usual. They looked crushed out there in their win today!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
you said the knicks looked like they were playing a "Sunday afternoon regular season game."
just because the other team sucked today doesn't change that we ripped their heart out with our playoff intensity

you've been playing in a playoff-like game yourself, just now
and like Charles Coburn said to the guy who challenged him to a knife vs gun fight in the Magnificent 7,
"you LOST!"

you see, i wasn't good at math or biology, but i was real good at debate
and i know that's why you and a few others here resent me
because when i say something about the game you don't like
i say it too well
and you and your gang get petty and mean spirited
perhaps, like you did in your school-yard days
or like you do when you're fighting with your brother

i came back a few months ago and tried to stay out of the ring
but you dragged me back in with your silly nit-picking.

the majority of posters here are respectful
but the most interesting posters have gone too,
like BC and 1Sun
-- who i only agreed with about half the time
but mostly spoke truth rather than just the usual fan-boy stuff

if it was up to the thought-police posters you hang with,
Igor would still be coaching this team and we'd still be fighting for top pick instead of top seed

i will contribute somewhere else where it doesn't remind me of the increasing divisiveness and ignorance in our country

NOW, i'm done here

p.s.
i apologize for the times over the past years when i got hot headed and stepped over the line and insulted anyone in any post -- including this one

Switch to decaf.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
you said the knicks looked like they were playing a "Sunday afternoon regular season game."
just because the other team sucked today doesn't change that we ripped their heart out with our playoff intensity

and like Charles Coburn said to the guy who challenged him to a knife vs gun fight in the Magnificent 7,
"you LOST!"

i say it too well

like BC and 1Sun

Igor would still be coaching this team and we'd still be fighting for top pick instead of top seed

i will contribute somewhere else where it doesn't remind me of the increasing divisiveness and ignorance in our country

NOW, i'm done here

p.s.
i apologize for the times over the past years when i got hot headed and stepped over the line and insulted anyone in any post -- including this one

You must be registered for see images attach

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you've been playing in a playoff-like game yourself, just now and like Charles Coburn said to the guy who challenged him to a knife vs gun fight in the Magnificent 7,
"you LOST!"

i say it too well

like BC and 1Sun

NOW, i'm done here

p.s.

Charles Coburn almost always had a monocle and smoked cigars, James is the Coburn you're looking at in this movie. And if you want to go, go - but I see no reason for it.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Busy mother's day in gold canyon for me :)

Hope suns make it a pleasant night just play competitive hope ayton does well

Go suns!!!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

"you LOST!"

i say it too well

like BC and 1Sun

NOW, i'm done here

p.s.

Who doesn't like a early movie cup of coffee in the old west :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyle Kuzma is OUT tonight.