Cardinals GM: If Larry Fitzgerald is ready to play, ‘we’ll have a spot for him’

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell to the no Indy, KeeSean is better than Fitz right now if you consider playing the whole field of routes since the kid can still run and Andy is freaking worthless as a NFL player. KeeSean got drafted late and has the uphill battle of getting in the lineup but Isabella was given his chances and sucks. I do hope though that people do not judge Moore by the Isabella fiasco since they are two totally different animals. If Moore does not succeed, that will be an indictment of the coaching staff... Fitz still has value though with his amazing hands and experience, being a sweet luxury of the receiver group if he's on the vet minimum salary :raccoon:

Hard to prove an opinion, but I'll disagree with you.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny thing. Fitz won two games last year with his heads up play getting the ball back to our center.
With fitz 8-8

Funny thing. Last great year Fitz had was in 2017... which happens to be the same year Green had his last good year. Of course Fitz stats smoke Green over the last 4 years.

They only gripe anybody will have with Fitz being on this team is his salary.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny thing. Fitz won two games last year with his heads up play getting the ball back to our center.
With fitz 8-8

Funny thing. Last great year Fitz had was in 2017... which happens to be the same year Green had his last good year. Of course Fitz stats smoke Green over the last 4 years.

What about the games he did nothing in because he was getting blanketed by ILBs & box safeties?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
What about the games he did nothing in because he was getting blanketed by ILBs & box safeties?
Did he really do nothing? Or, was Murray missing reads?

I wish somebody in Cardinal/AZ media land could watch the all-22 of every game Fitz played in in 2020 to settle this.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
With fitz 8-8

https://stathead.com/tiny/CBk7V

Fitz has 1 more receiving TD over the past 4 seasons than A.J. Green.

He's played 20 more games in that time.

I think we've all underrated just how cooked Larry Fitzgerald is.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With fitz 8-8

So his best attribute is running the ball back to the middle of the field for the center. By all means, re-sign him Keim!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So his best attribute is running the ball back to the middle of the field for the center. By all means, re-sign him Keim!
Oh god no. Let’s put our eggs in Johnson with his whopping 15 catches. No wait issabella will pick up the slack with 15 catches or so.
I’m not saying pay him 11 m ( although it’s not my money). However, with all the talk about leadership and example both on the field and in the locker room I think Fitz fills that bill.

I’ll tell you one thing if there is a big 3 rd down play to be made I’ll put my money on Fitz. You can have Johnson is invisabella.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://stathead.com/tiny/CBk7V

Fitz has 1 more receiving TD over the past 4 seasons than A.J. Green.

He's played 20 more games in that time.

I think we've all underrated just how cooked Larry Fitzgerald is.
Come on . It ain’t all about td catches. The ball touches his hand and he catches it. You can’t catch what isn’t thrown to you. How many times was Fitz target in the Red zone?
I’m not counting on him being here this year but I ain’t going to sweat it when you look at the alternatives.

BTW over the last 3 years Fitz has about 2000 yards on 200 catches despite being 6 years older than our new “ star “ receiver who in the same time had 93 catches and about 1150 yards.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
However, with all the talk about leadership and example both on the field and in the locker room I think Fitz fills that bill.

this is literally the most tired excuse and reasoning for keeping Fitz. Lol

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Ehhhh it was still only one. The year before only 4 which isn’t a lot by any means… I’m a firm believer that your numbers mostly say what you are. Can’t always just be “Kyler didn’t see him” that’s a cop out.
if he had any other quarterback, I would agree. But Kyler was looking to run it in a lot when he was in the red zone. That obviously takes away td chances

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is literally the most tired excuse and reasoning for keeping Fitz. Lol
Hey it’s our illustrious GM that is singing that song. I’m not going to Fret if Fitz comes back or not. But I’d still take him as our 4th received or 3 rd if somebody gets hurt until somebody comes up or proves they are better.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Fiddlesticks, fitz still has the best hands I’ve ever seen, savy, clutch, any team would be better with him then with-out him. Defenses have not relaxed on him, if they do he’ll hang 10 catches and break one

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why is fitz taking so long I'm always expecting to wake up and see a update....

hope he comes back 1 more yr to coach up moore plus he still has some of best hands in nfl.

Also happy mother's day

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fiddlesticks, fitz still has the best hands I’ve ever seen, savy, clutch, any team would be better with him then with-out him. Defenses have not relaxed on him, if they do he’ll hang 10 catches and break one

lmao

wow people let their love for someone creat some grand delusions thats for sure.