Tight end?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Steve Keim indicated the Cardinals will look to free agency to add depth at the position. Are there any still out there that you like.

Google yields the following:

• Trey Burton, Indianapolis Colts.
  • Tyler Eifert, Jacksonville Jaguars.
  • Jordan Reed, San Francisco 49ers. (Retired)
  • Jesse James, Detroit Lions.
  • Richard Rodgers, Philadelphia Eagles.
  • MyCole Pruitt, Tennessee Titans.
  • Darren Fells, Houston Texans.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ertz likely to be a post June 1st cut and there will be others. Still lot's of roster movement to come.

It's not like Arnold was some superstar TE. He was a late season waiver wire pickup that played 19 games and had a total of 37 catches.

We'll live.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ertz likely to be a post June 1st cut and there will be others. Still lot's of roster movement to come.

It's not like Arnold was some superstar TE. He was a late season waiver wire pickup that played 19 games and had a total of 37 catches.

We'll live.

Not a superstar but he was the best option beside Hopkins
I did prefer to keep him instead of Maxx Williams

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a superstar but he was the best option beside Hopkins
I did prefer to keep him instead of Maxx Williams

He averaged less than 2 catches a game. So no, he wasn't the best option after Hopkins.

Arnold was a JAG. We need to stop talking about him like he was some difference maker.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He averaged less than 2 catches a game. So no, he wasn't the best option after Hopkins.

Arnold was a JAG. We need to stop talking about him like he was some difference maker.

U are wrong, since mid season he was our second best option downfield

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I’d bet Angeline, the UDFA from NC State, will be the 3rd TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I don't believe the team plans to use one much TBH.
Kliff talks 10 personnel when asked about TEs

speculation: wants to run lots of 10 personnel sets, but cant do it until K1 is fully up to speed with processing / reads, etc--

saw in his rookie year he wasnt ready

no offseason / pre season meant he could fully do it last year

practice time + K1 learning curve means we get lots of it this year

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We can agree on this, Kirk disappeared, Isabella didn't see the field, Fitzgerald was our main screen receiver with no burst at all and Keyshawn is what he is

Kirk didn't disappear. We just sucked at using him.

But also he had exactly the same YPG as Arnold after the bye

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I believe Reed has retired. Fells has slowed greatly. They will acquired a receiver first TE before the season start.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably because he’s not nearly as good as you think he is?

Has just under 50 yards a game in his career. Last year it was dragged down by 44. The year before he had 10 yards a game more. The point of adding Nuk was to get more yards from a WR1 we didn't have right? Not take them from receivers we already have.

He had more yards per game with Josh Rosen in one of the worst offenses of all time so I'm pretty sure we are using him poorly.

I posted these before after the Pats game.

Here's Kirk running a dig completely uncovered with an open field in front of him. Home run opportunity. Instead Murray ends up running it for about 7 yards.

You must be registered for see images

Here he is again running a comeback to the sticks on 3rd and 7 with JC Jackson sat 10 yards off him from the snap. Any QB should know pre snap this is an easy 1st down.

Instead he's looking at Nuk in double coverage and get's sacked.

There's a bunch of these missed bread and butter opportunities in every game. Not just with Kirk. These particular instances are on Murray and there were many more where these came from, but scheme doesn't help with some very limited route assignments.

Now I can't say for sure how much of the problem is Kliff. Someone said here recently that Gambo or Wolfley said that Kliff had to dumb down the offense because Kyler was having trouble reading defenses and going through progressions. That's clearly true from watching him back.

Do I think Kirk is good? I really don't know. I am however quite certain we are limiting his output. There's 75 yards and a TD just in these 2 missed plays.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has just under 50 yards a game in his career. Last year it was dragged down by 44. The year before he had 10 yards a game more. The point of adding Nuk was to get more yards from a WR1 we didn't have right? Not take them from receivers we already have.

He had more yards per game with Josh Rosen in one of the worst offenses of all time so I'm pretty sure we are using him poorly.

Here's Kirk running a dig completely uncovered with an open field in front of him. Home run opportunity. Instead Murray ends up running it for about 7 yards.

Here he is again running a comeback to the sticks on 3rd and 7 with JC Jackson sat 10 yards off him from the snap. Any QB should know pre snap this is an easy 1st down.

There's a bunch of these missed bread and butter opportunities in every game. Not just with Kirk. These particular instances are on Murray and there were many more where these came from, but scheme doesn't help with some very limited route assignments.

Now I can't say for sure how much of the problem is Kliff. Someone said here recently that Gambo or Wolfley said that Kliff had to dumb down the offense because Kyler was having trouble reading defenses and going through progressions. That's clearly true from watching him back.

Do I think Kirk is good? I really don't know. I am however quite certain we are limiting his output. There's 75 yards and a TD just in these 2 missed plays.
This is kind of funny because this is the same game he dropped a sure fire TD before halftime & pretty much lost the faith I’ve had in him. I don’t think he’s awful, but I don’t think he’s good either. I would not be surprised if Rondale comes in & outproduces him. He has been giving off Michael Floyd vibes.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Trey Burton is the best available IMO, but no one on that list is exciting at all. I'm not going to get my hopes up for June 1st cuts. They've been poor for years.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is kind of funny because this is the same game he dropped a sure fire TD before halftime & pretty much lost the faith I’ve had in him. I don’t think he’s awful, but I don’t think he’s good either. I would not be surprised if Rondale comes in & outproduces him. He has been giving off Michael Floyd vibes.

He was probably shocked the ball came his way by that point

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

If its true that Kliff had to dumb down the offense for Kyler then I'm much more hopeful for next year. Its much easier to imagine a big leap in the offense next year if it was Kyler's inexperience holding things back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave