Lebron Shocked to Discover Regular Season Now Matters

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The play-in is making things more interesting and LeBron whining about it makes it even more so I suppose. A bottom seed upsetting a top seed is rare enough that if the Suns lost two games in the play-in I wouldn’t exactly be mourning the deep run that might have been. I might even have more faith in the upset prospects of a team that gets hot in the play-in regardless of their original seeding.

Anyway, I think they should try it for a few years before abandoning it.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I want the Lakers in the first round, Portland or Utah in the second and the Nets at the end.

There will be no Asterisk with this Championship

pure clean unadulterated winning
Post of the season. Bring on the best...You forgot Denver in the WCF lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The play-in is making things more interesting and LeBron whining about it makes it even more so I suppose. A bottom seed upsetting a top seed is rare enough that if the Suns lost two games in the play-in I wouldn’t exactly be mourning the deep run that might have been. I might even have more faith in the upset prospects of a team that gets hot in the play-in regardless of their original seeding.

Anyway, I think they should try it for a few years before abandoning it.

you know the NBA has to be salivating over a LeBron v. Steph play-in game. I'd definitely watch that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steph scares the bejesus outta me. Him and Kobe....complete assassins

eh... Steph can win a game or two singlehandedly against us, but that would be it. He’s got nothing else on that team.

I’d be doing cartwheels if they were our first round matchup. Same as I did when the Suns got Kobe in the first round of the 2007 playoffs. They took us to the limit the previous year because we were missing Amare and KT. But with Amare back, we steamrolled the Lakers’ asses. Just like we would the Warriors this year.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
eh... Steph can win a game or two singlehandedly against us, but that would be it. He’s got nothing else on that team.

I’d be doing cartwheels if they were our first round matchup. Same as I did when the Suns got Kobe in the first round of the 2007 playoffs. They took us to the limit the previous year because we were missing Amare and KT. But with Amare back, we steamrolled the Lakers’ asses. Just like we would the Warriors this year.
Pulling for Memphis in 8th if we can end up first. While GS is certainly lacking in overall talent right now they still have a couple guys with real championship experience and could be a tough out.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Golden States mental toughness is 10x that of the Lakers. I want no part of them.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

In 06’ even without Amare the Suns had 6 of the top-8 players in the series vs the Lakers. Going 7 vs both LA teams is why we lost to Dallas.

With our best player being “up there” in age we don’t need any grind out long series right away. That’s kinda why I don’t want LA because Lebron isn’t going out like that. Dallas/Portland or a play-in teams we could dispatch of quickly IMO. CP3 went down in the playoffs his last year in LA and first year in Houston.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Golden States mental toughness is 10x that of the Lakers. I want no part of them.
Who besides Green and Steph would be mentally tough? Wiseman and Oubre are injured and neither one would be considered mentally tough. And Green doesn’t have the talent to be a strong #2 in the playoffs.

I would love to get the Warriors in the first round.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In 06’ even without Amare the Suns had 6 of the top-8 players in the series vs the Lakers. Going 7 vs both LA teams is why we lost to Dallas.

With our best player being “up there” in age we don’t need any grind out long series right away. That’s kinda why I don’t want LA because Lebron isn’t going out like that. Dallas/Portland or a play-in teams we could dispatch of quickly IMO. CP3 went down in the playoffs his last year in LA and first year in Houston.

Long series wear players down, especially older guys like Paul. I know LeBron fits that description as well. If we can't get by LA, I don't want their second round opponent to enjoy us wearing him down. I don't mind facing them later because he will be more fatigued and beat up. Bring on the Lakers in round 2 or the WCF, just not right out the gate.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think you’d be on an island with that statement. That team is nothing. They have TWO players with playoff experience and one of them is a shell of himself and the rest of the team flat out sucks. The Lakers core just won a title, and if healthy have the Finals MVP/best player of his generation and probably a top 5 player as well.

wanting a healthy Lakers over the Warriors sounds like nothing but being drunk on haterade.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who besides Green and Steph would be mentally tough? Wiseman and Oubre are injured and neither one would be considered mentally tough. And Green doesn’t have the talent to be a strong #2 in the playoffs.

I would love to get the Warriors in the first round.

I’d be doing cartwheels.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

agreed there as well.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Lakers....even a healthy Lakers dont want any part of Golden St in a play in game...they will get slaughtered

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steph almost outscored the Thunder team in the 1st qtr ..had 49 in 3 qtrs and they win by 40 tonight. No thank you.

the Thunder... who have been getting their asses kicked by everyone (but us) lately? Oh boy... I’m sure the Lakers are going quaking in their boots.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers....even a healthy Lakers dont want any part of Golden St in a play in game...they will get slaughtered

Dude, did you get into @mjb21aztd stash? Let’s make a bet here. (healthy) Lakers v. Warriors. I got Lakers to win. You’ve got GS. Straight up. Signature bet.

in?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dude, did you get into @mjb21aztd stash? Let’s make a bet here. (healthy) Lakers v. Warriors. I got Lakers to win. You’ve got GS. Straight up. Signature bet.

in?
Lol no bong rips here.
You got it. Healthy Lakers will not beat Golden St in a play in. Granted I do not feel the Lakers will be totally healthy the rest of the year. I hate both teams but Curry is a freaking enigma. Watch tonight's highlights.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol no bong rips here.
You got it. Healthy Lakers will not beat Golden St in a play in. Granted I do not feel the Lakers will be totally healthy the rest of the year. I hate both teams but Curry is a freaking enigma. Watch tonight's highlights.

done.

I hope you’re right! That would mean the Lakers would end up the 8 seed in the opposite bracket from us. I

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Losing Rondo and Danny Green is gonna be felt come do or die.

dude... did you watch last year? Danny Green was ATROCIOUS in the playoffs. He shot 33% overall, 34% from three for the playoffs and a horrific 29% in the Finals. He so bad, he was getting death threats from Laker fans. Schroeder can easily match that drek.

Rondo I’ll give you. He’s always tough as nails in the playoffs. But the Lakers have better size than they did last year subbing Montrez and Drummond for Gasol’s rotting corpse and Knucklehead who was good for throwing cheap shots and that’s it.

They’ve also gotten important playoff experience for role players Kuzma, KCP and Caruso.

what the Lakers haven’t had this season is health. Otherwise, I thibk they’re a much more talented team if healthy.

Also, the Warriors aren’t the Heat or Nuggets from last year.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Steph almost outscored the Thunder team in the 1st qtr ..had 49 in 3 qtrs and they win by 40 tonight. No thank you.
Really? You’re comparing us to the Thunder? Come on, no one guy can beat us by himself in the playoffs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose