The Market 2021

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"In order to have success, what the Cardinals need to do is execute a strong offense that puts more points on the board than their defense allows the opponent to score over the course of the four quarters."

Revolutionary analysis. Do you have a pamphlet or a newsletter I can subscribe too?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
But if I remember right, you don't like TSLA in general so I understand why you would see it that way.

I don't like BUD either, but I own the stock.

Most reputable analysts I've read say that TSLA is way over-valued. The fact that it keeps going up doesn't mean anything on its own. Eventually there has to be some relationship between the market capitalization and a rational assessment of the company's value.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1001 shares of AMC now

welp looks like Reddit has broken Jim Cramer. Snapped him over a knee like Bane

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why doesn’t this thread show up on the main page? Is it invisible? Have I travelled to another dimension?

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I should have figured that but it’s a long thread. So...how about that S&P 500??

I was looking at it yesterday, have not looked today. Yesterday it appears way overbought again. I backed out of etf style stocks for this reason expecting it to drop but it is high and the previous time this happened, it stayed high for years and years. If concerns laid out by @jf-08 in another thread come to fruition, a liquidation out of tax increase fears could be the catalyst that drops it back down.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I sure hope he's putting his money where his mouth is and shorting everything. I look forward to hearing about the massive profit he made on the upcoming correction.
Cash can be a position in euphoric markets. He has been clear about the dangers of shorting a market like this.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Cash can be a position in euphoric markets. He has been clear about the dangers of shorting a market like this.

But no one needs advice on how to have a position in cash. He's asking people to pay for his insight, but he's not willing to bet on himself.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But no one needs advice on how to have a position in cash. He's asking people to pay for his insight, but he's not willing to bet on himself.
Why not? You don't obviously. But many, would love to pay for a service that could potentially get them out or raise awareness at potential market tops along with being back in at bottoms. I'd argue capital preservation is the most important aspect of investing. Warren Buffett would agree.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Why not? You don't obviously. But many, would love to pay for a service that could potentially get them out or raise awareness at potential market tops along with being back in at bottoms.

The service can't "potentially get them out" unless someone somewhere actually makes a decision. Real advice would be, "Get at least 25% of your assets into cash now." But these no-name independent speculators never do that. They just say, "Hur durr, you should consider cash, in case the market tanks, which it might, because sometimes the market tanks." Anyone who finds value in that level of advice shouldn't be making decisions at all, but instead should be completely turning things over to someone with a brain.

It's just transparent preying on the ill-informed, and I find it unethical. And it's pushing me closer to becoming a financial advisor myself, so that I do my small part to bring some integrity to the profession.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The service can't "potentially get them out" unless someone somewhere actually makes a decision. Real advice would be, "Get at least 25% of your assets into cash now." But these no-name independent speculators never do that. They just say, "Hur durr, you should consider cash, in case the market tanks, which it might, because sometimes the market tanks." Anyone who finds value in that level of advice shouldn't be making decisions at all, but instead should be completely turning things over to someone with a brain.

It's just transparent preying on the ill-informed, and I find it unethical. And it's pushing me closer to becoming a financial advisor myself, so that I do my small part to bring some integrity to the profession.
It's cool. If his information can be of value to anyone else that's interested, then that's what it's posted for. We have enough bullish "nothing to see here, everything is fine" info out there to sort from as it is..imo.

And yes... I agree. If you need someone to be so sure of the markets have an advisor manage your money for you. Absolutely!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know whether to be excited or scared with all the crypto fires. It sure makes my really slow safe stocks seem quite boring though.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This guy brings up some decent points regarding bitcoin

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose