Designated Survivor (Netflix)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Designated Survivor' Revived at Netflix for a Third Season

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/d...flix-for-a-third-season/ar-BBMVEpK?li=BBnb4R7

Netflix has picked up another canceled TV show, this time reviving “Designated Survivor” for a third season.

The drama, which stars Kiefer Sutherland, will return for a 10-episode third season with its fifth different showrunner in “ER” and “Law & Order” vet Neal Baer.

Netflix had been talks with eOne, which produces the show, since it was canceled by ABC back in May. The political thriller was one of many broadcast TV shows to get the ax this spring during the pre-upfronts bloodbath.

The drama stars Sutherland as Tom Kirkman, a lower-level cabinet member who is suddenly appointed President of the United States after a catastrophic attack on the US Capitol during the State of the Union. Kirkman struggles to keep the country and his own family from falling apart, while navigating the highly-volatile political arena and while leading the search to find who is responsible for the attack.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not too surprised by this, but the show had really run out of steam. They should hire Aaron Sorkin, then it will be a must-watch for me. :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We actually just discovered this on Netflix. I have no idea how i missed it when it originally was on tv we're still in season 1. It's a bit too much in terms of stuff they're throwing at you but really good. In fact I'm tired this morning because of "let's just watch one more episode and then I'll sleep."

I've also become a Maggie Q fan !

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's funny to me is when I think Keifer Sutherland I think of him as a vampire in Lost Boys and as the bad older brother in Stand By Me. I never got into 24 or things like that so seeing him this old as a good guy is a real change for me.

I've seen her in other stuff but man Maggie Q just steals season 1 both for her role and her looks.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Season 1 was decent, but the show really had nowhere to go after their gimmick was exhausted into season 2.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season 1 was decent, but the show really had nowhere to go after their gimmick was exhausted into season 2.

So far after they resolved the Capitol Bombing in the early Season 2, I agree, so far not impressed with Season 2.

The obvious solution IMO was to kill off Sutherland's character and make Maggie Q President!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave