Kerryon Johnson waived

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of his but he'd certainly fit the bill as part of a rotation.

I believe his cap hit if claimed on waivers is $1.3m.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Keim very rarely seems to make the low risk, high upside moves that seem obvious no brainers.

FYI this decent looking PFF grade is almost all based on his rookie year. Last 2 years have been poor.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is just 23, would give him a chance, he is a good catcher too
Then Detroit lions total rushing yards has been pretty abysmal in the last years so maybe in the right place can be a adequate contributor

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Is it official? I'm watching PFT live right now and they are interviewing Lions GM. Florio asked him oint blank about reports they were releasing Johnson and the GM said nothing has been finalized yet...things were still being looked at.

I'm guessing it's another situation of a leak, to see if a team will trade for him, instead, like Hudson.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it official? I'm watching PFT live right now and they are interviewing Lions GM. Florio asked him oint blank about reports they were releasing Johnson and the GM said nothing has been finalized yet...things were still being looked at.

I'm guessing it's another situation of a leak, to see if a team will trade for him, instead, like Hudson.

That's GM talk for "We leaked we are waiving him and now we are just waiting to see if anyone will offer us a conditional 6th before we pull the trigger"

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seems like we should sign him. But there has to be something wrong with him. He was easily the lions best back, then they all but benched him.

He probably has off the field issues of some kind.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He would make sense and I think it would be a smart move. An actual chance that he would win the job.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is nothing in 2 full seasons that indicates this guy is anything but below mediocre and worse then Conner...

Yet I bet the anti Conner crowd would be ecstatic... lol

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is nothing in 2 full seasons that indicates this guy is anything but below mediocre and worse then Conner...

You're right, but his first season was pretty good. He did have a knee strain late in his rookie season that ended it early, then tore his meniscus in week 6 the following season that ended his year.

So it may well be that his knee is done. Some people just never get the same mobility back.

Worth kicking the tires though. It's a low risk, high reward move. Maybe he just needs a different scheme?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

No. I’m good with Connor signing and not Johnson. They should target Gallman.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
It seems like we should sign him. But there has to be something wrong with him. He was easily the lions best back, then they all but benched him.

He probably has off the field issues of some kind.
Can't just sign him...either need to trade for him or out waiver claim in and hope he gets to you, if you really want him. He won't be a FA unless he clears waivers.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bring him in is he a speed back? Cards need 1... conor is bit slower power back still bit unsure on edmonds but i do like edmonds running moves

1 yr kiem prove it deal...?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Word is his knee is screwed.

Likely he goes unclaimed and teams bring him in for tests.

I'm comfortable with Conner, Edmonds, Ward/Eno.

I don't wear Zubaz, drink New Coke, and listen to Guns in Roses....I'm a modern football fan who knows that you can find a decent running back in week 5 on the Jaguars practice squad. :p

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't want to concern anyone here with a positive take, but I'd probably find it to be a good move if we picked him up.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm comfortable with Conner, Edmonds, Ward/Eno.

I don't wear Zubaz, drink New Coke, and listen to Guns in Roses....I'm a modern football fan who knows that you can find a decent running back in week 5 on the Jaguars practice squad. :p

You're good with Chase Edmonds, Eno, and a week 5 Jags practice squad player when Conner's out 4 weeks with a high ankle sprain?

You must be registered for see images attach

I see we got a new GM, then:
You must be registered for see images attach

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good his rookie year but injuries the last two as many have already slated. Nothing special or get excited about.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want to concern anyone here with a positive take, but I'd probably find it to be a good move if we picked him up.
LOL you'd be comfortable picking up a nearly constantly injured guy? That's a first...

that’s ripe isn’t it? Not only often injured but has actually sucked the last two years…

Last edited:

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
God Kerryon was so good in college. Had serious injury problems back then as well. Sucks for him, his career is probably close to over, if it isn't already.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr