What are you watching?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is the next show I am going to watch. I’ve only heard good things about it. I just finished the first season of Warrior which I enjoyed much more than I thought I would. I have no idea why I didn’t think I would like it, but I foolishly avoided it for far too long.

funny... I’m probably flipping to Warrior next and similarly have avoided it for some reason even though multiple friends who’s opinions are almost always in synch with mine tell me they love it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gave up on it after 3 episodes. Couldn't get into it even though I usually love Gaiman's work.

I've stated watching Stargate SG-1 again. Such a good show.

There's a lot of TV fans here but for some reason this show doesn't seem to have much of a following on the forum. I guess it isn't dark or gritty enough for most of the posters but my wife and I love it and re-watch the whole series every now and then.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Season three of The Wire. Didn’t have HBO when it first came out so I’m catching it now. Fantastic.
Cant wait to hear what you have to say about season 4. I place it at #1 on my all time seasons of TV list. Remarkable stuff.

OP
OP
Town Drunk

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Cant wait to hear what you have to say about season 4. I place it at #1 on my all time seasons of TV list. Remarkable stuff.

First three seasons have been great thus far. Bunk and McNulty at that apartment in season one reconstructing the shooting of Avon’s girl is one of my favorite scenes so far.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn...that second season finale for For All Mankind was just freaking NAILS.

it juggled five different intersecting storylines flawlessly and ended with a great stinger. When Ronald Moore is cooking, he’s like Walt and Jesse in the meth lab. Pure genius.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I am just starting The Sopranos for the first time.
Whoa...that's awesome. I'm on season 5 of a rewatch we started a couple years ago. It's crazy how much I forgot in the later seasons, since I only watched them once when they aired.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been working on season 3 for a few weeks. Awesome show, although it seems like they don't know where to go at times.
I know what you mean. We have a couple episodes left in S3 but kinda lost interest as the plot became thicker. Maybe we'll finish it over the summer.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started watching Wynonna Earp on Netflix. It’s alright so far. Not anything special but I like the western/sci-fi/fantasy vibe. A bit cheesy but it’s definitely funnier than I expected.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Started watching Wynonna Earp on Netflix. It’s alright so far. Not anything special but I like the western/sci-fi/fantasy vibe. A bit cheesy but it’s definitely funnier than I expected.
I tried it but it’s from back when Sci-Fi only showed cheesy stuff, right before they started getting more dramatic.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I tried it but it’s from back when Sci-Fi only showed cheesy stuff, right before they started getting more dramatic.

Yeah, it was sub-par for me as well. Couldn't make it past the pilot.

Syfy has put out a lot of fun stuff. The channel tried to get clever recently with some space queen show. It was so cheesy, over the top wink wink at the camera it was trying way, way to hard, and thus failed.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
For All Mankind on Apple is also fantastic.

Finally been watching this and it's been really good. It's a lot different than what I thought it was going to be from the previews too, which is good. The story unfolds in a why that's fairly realistic. I was afraid it was going to be something cheesier like Space Cowboys but with women. I should have had more faith in Moore after what he did with BSG. It's nice too that they've avoided a lot of cliches and tropes that they could have easily have fallen into.

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
Loudermilk on Amazon. Stars Rob Livingston From Office Space. Such a hilarious show.

It’s about Ron Livingston’s character Sam Loudermilk and he’s a former alcoholic heading AA meetings but he’s the biggest *****. the show consist of a lot of bashing each other and dealing with addiction, so it does get very heavy but they mix it with the best banter and situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: