OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But is he good in the RZ? 1 td last season

I remember several times last season people complained that Fitz or fill-in-the-blank player was WIDE OPEN on a play, but the ball didn't come their way. We need to improve on missed opportunities. Not sure if that's a K1 vision issue or a sketchy OL issue or a Kliff issue?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember several times last season people complained that Fitz or fill-in-the-blank player was WIDE OPEN on a play, but the ball didn't come their way. We need to improve on missed opportunities. Not sure if that's a K1 vision issue or a sketchy OL issue or a Kliff issue?

Ehhhh it was still only one. The year before only 4 which isn’t a lot by any means… I’m a firm believer that your numbers mostly say what you are. Can’t always just be “Kyler didn’t see him” that’s a cop out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehhhh it was still only one. For the year before only 4 which isn’t a lot by any means… I’m a firm believer that your numbers mostly say what you are. Can’t always just be “Kyler didn’t see him” that’s a cop out.

Well, there's that or there is the supposed rift between the two generations trying to explain why 11 wasn't targeted at times. Who knows?

I'm personally not going to count Fitz out until he's out there fumbling and bumbling the ball, etc.

I'd love to see him out there making some "Fitz" plays again this season.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love Fitz but it’s time to move on, man. Not trying to see him get blanketed by ILBs anymore

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unfortunately. He ain't wrong. The only message that delivers is hitting him where it counts. The wallet. Turn off the tv and stop buying season tix and you'd see how quickly Mikey would listen. That's the worst thing about decent/good to mediocre owners.. they aren't bad enough to hear huge chirps from fed up fans and just good enough to silence em. Lol.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately. He ain't wrong. The only message that delivers is hitting him where it counts. The wallet. Turn off the tv and stop buying season tix and you'd see how quickly Mikey would listen. That's the worst thing about decent/good to mediocre owners.. they aren't bad enough to hear huge chirps from fed up fans and just good enough to silence em. Lol.

Listen to what?

A board with a few regular posters complaining about how much he's willing to pay a future first ballot Hall of Fame member.

That's hilarious.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Listen to what?

A board with a few regular posters complaining about how much he's willing to pay a future first ballot Hall of Fame member.

That's hilarious.
Well, the fans are the reason these players make the money they do. I think they could at least voice some concern about allocation of money if they see it to be excessive... regardless of the players potential hall of Fame status. Also, I doubt that 'just a few' fans/posters feel that way about Larry nowadays.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Larry will probably be back. You can’t catch what is not thrown to you. And KM missed him a couple of times when he was open. KM hits him and the defense has someone else to worry about. KN is still learning and will get better.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, the fans are the reason these players make the money they do. I think they could at least voice some concern about allocation of money if they see it to be excessive... regardless of the players potential hall of Fame status. Also, I doubt that 'just a few' fans/posters feel that way about Larry nowadays.

Sounds like this idea has the makings of a funny Simpson's skit.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like this idea has the makings of a funny Simpson's skit.
It's a bummer when we have to read opinions of others that we disagree with sometimes eh? ;)

I don't think it's completely unreasonable when people voice a concern with wanting to allocate money to others areas of a football team trying to move into a new direction while overpaying for old puzzle pieces. If we have Larry next season.. great. If not, great as well. I am of the belief that if we spend on Larry just because we think we owe him something for his time, then that's a mistake. Neither party owes imo.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's a bummer when we have to read opinions of others that we disagree with sometimes eh? ;)

I don't think it's completely unreasonable when people voice a concern with wanting to allocate money to others areas of a football team trying to move into a new direction while overpaying for old puzzle pieces. If we have Larry next season.. great. If not, great as well. I am of the belief that if we spend on Larry just because we think we owe him something for his time, then that's a mistake. Neither party owes imo.

And no one, other than you it would seem, suggests that any new contract is for services rendered.

He can either contribute or he can't, and if the former it's up to both parties to cut a mutually satisfactory deal.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And no one, other than you it would seem, suggests that any new contract is for services rendered.

He can either contribute or he can't, and if the former it's up to both parties to cut a mutually satisfactory deal.
Never said otherwise. I said...if....

And is it unreasonable, once again, to think there couldn't be a emotional level for the org to resig him?.. I think its very real and maybe what some others would see as a mistake as well. Just hypotheticals. It's what a message board is for after all...

:cheers:

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Larry still has the ability to show up in a big game and contribute. Can he do it for a whole season...probably not consistently...but give Larry another playoff game and I bet he still has a little tread on the tires

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come back play with green and coach moore up for 1 season!!! That could be big for moore

Hope decision comes soon!

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Larry still has the ability to show up in a big game and contribute. Can he do it for a whole season...probably not consistently...but give Larry another playoff game and I bet he still has a little tread on the tires
Can we pay him a single game salary to be the ghost of 2008 past? :)

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Larry for TE?

I mean he is almost the same size as Dan Arnold. I just can’t see Fitz blocking 260+ lbs linebackers. We can all get happy about his blocks on cornerbacks but I just can’t see it. Then again I don’t ever remember seeing Dan Arnold lay down a good block all season also. He would be just a passing TE thats for sure if he is move to that position.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
He's lost a step or three. That doesn't diminish the quality of hands, the fact that he almost never drops an accurate pass or that he has been the best blocking receiver on the team for several years. Didn't B.A. try to recruit him to Tampa Bay or was that 'fake news'?
I don't care what he gets paid. I just want to see him hoisting the Lombardi. Now pass the Kool-Aid. :koolaid:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't put much meaning into this. I think he was just saying what he thinks fans want to hear.