Cards can sign vet free agents now and not lose Comp Picks

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I expect WR, CB and TE

EDIT: more specifically

I expect

WR - Damiere Byrd (outside WR the team is familiar with)

TE - Darren Fells (another familiar face who has had success as a red zone target)

CB - Casey Hayward (versatile player who Vance is familiar going against)
What’s your level of conviction with this batch compared to your predraft FA predictions?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's really not true. By far the most important job of the punt returner is to consistently catch the ball. Kirk can do that.

He did only average 6 yds per return, which is one of the worst avg's for a primary punt returner in the league - but the average is like 10. The total punt return touchdowns all year was 8 for the whole league - no Returner had more than one.

The way I look at is if you have a very good offense an additional 5 yards per punt is really not a big deal, and is not going to cost you scores very often at all.

I am pretty sure Moore will be used as the return man - they even mentioned it while they were drafting him.
This flies in the face of virtually every comment I’ve ever heard about football at every level.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For me the main thing on a punt return is not to fumble or lose yards. Anything else is a plus. However in Patrick Peterson's rookie year he was phenomenal!!
The cardinals have been incredible successful in one aspect . . . setting low expectations with their fan base.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges has had a great second half.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges just totally took over the game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was higher prior to Hayward and Byrd signing in other places...lol

oof.

Count me as a skeptic of your proclamation of “skepticism as much as anyone on this board” as you continually post about FA moves this team is likely to make to help fill holes.

there’s no reason either one of those guys couldn’t have been signed.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
oof.

Count me as a skeptic of your proclamation of “skepticism as much as anyone on this board” as you continually post about FA moves this team is likely to make to help fill holes.

there’s no reason either one of those guys couldn’t have been signed.
I agree and am a little shocked they weren't. Seemed like natural fits in areas of need.

Maybe your skepticism is valid. I admit that I try to read the tea leaves and share where I see the need, money and player fit all match up. That doesn't mean I believe it is a good plan or a good signing. Take that for what it is worth.