Cards allocated TE Bernhard Seikovits in International Dev Program

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good size (6’5″, 262-pounder) for a TE. Wonder how fast he is?

Not very from the tape.

The kids is highly unlikely to ever play an NFL snap. Or even make an active roster. But still a cool experience for him.

Edit

He says in an interview in Jan he runs 4.8. He's basically Maxx Williams with Arnie's accent.

Last edited:

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He can stay for free a whole year. After that he counts as a normal player.

He has good hands, the austrian American Football teams are the best in Europe so, basically if someone is good enough to make an impact, he could.

We will see.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I have seen him play a few times. He was a dominant WR with very good hands in Austria. As far as I know he was told to switch to the TE position in order to have a chance in the International Parhway Program and he gained a lot of weight over the last year. Given that he has played as a WR in the Austrian league I don't really know about his blocking skills but I would guess that this is by far his biggest area of improvemement.

Although I know, that it is really unlikely that he will ever make it to the active roster, I am very excited to see how he develops in the next year. Here in Austria it is big news, given that we haven't had an NFL player in ages (actually only 3 kickers in the history of the league). Really exciting to see the Cardinals get some media coverage here!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen him play a few times. He was a dominant WR with very good hands in Austria. As far as I know he was told to switch to the TE position in order to have a chance in the International Parhway Program and he gained a lot of weight over the last year. Given that he has played as a WR in the Austrian league I don't really know about his blocking skills but I would guess that this is by far his biggest area of improvemement.

Although I know, that it is really unlikely that he will ever make it to the active roster, I am very excited to see how he develops in the next year. Here in Austria it is big news, given that we haven't had an NFL player in ages (actually only 3 kickers in the history of the league). Really exciting to see the Cardinals get some media coverage here!

What a wonderful contribution that we would likely not gotten from almost any other poster. Thanks for joining.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
What a wonderful contribution that we would likely not gotten from almost any other poster. Thanks for joining.
Thanks a lot!

Actually there are 3 Austrian players signed by NFL teams right now: Sandro Platzgummer (RB) who made it through the Pathway Program last year and got signed again by the Giants a couple of weeks ago, Thomas Schaffer (DL from Stanford) who just got signed a couple of days ago by the Bears and Bernhard. Looking at the current rosters I would guess, although the chances might be extremely low, that Bernhard has the best chance to ever make it to the active roster. If I had one wish for the next season (except a SB win of course) it would be seeing him take one snap. You can't even imagine what it would mean for the football community in Austria seeing that happen, given that it would be the first snap ever (I know, kickers are people too but still ;))

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have you know I'm an expert on the Austrian football league (who isn't?) and was typing the same thing when I noticed this post...

That's why I said almost. I needed to give myself an out. ;)

Reaction score
Thanks a lot!

Actually there are 3 Austrian players signed by NFL teams right now: Sandro Platzgummer (RB) who made it through the Pathway Program last year and got signed again by the Giants a couple of weeks ago, Thomas Schaffer (DL from Stanford) who just got signed a couple of days ago by the Bears and Bernhard. Looking at the current rosters I would guess, although the chances might be extremely low, that Bernhard has the best chance to ever make it to the active roster. If I had one wish for the next season (except a SB win of course) it would be seeing him take one snap. You can't even imagine what it would mean for the football community in Austria seeing that happen, given that it would be the first snap ever (I know, kickers are people too but still ;))

For some reason I read your posts with the same accent that Bernhard has in his video. I mean that in a good way by the way. :)

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
What's next? Does Keim has his eye on any particular peewee players?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the selection process exactly works in the Pathway Program? I just know that every season on division gets chosen (randomly?) to partipicate in the program (last year it was the NFC East for example). But I have no idea if there is a certain "draft order" or anything which determines, what team gets to select which player of the program...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the selection process exactly works in the Pathway Program? I just know that every season on division gets chosen (randomly?) to partipicate in the program (last year it was the NFC East for example). But I have no idea if there is a certain "draft order" or anything which determines, what team gets to select which player of the program...

You (and possibly your local media) would likely have more info than most. I'll be honest and say that I never heard of the program before we selected Bernhard.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is this you Bernhard?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA