Kliff playcalling master thread

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
delusion runs rampant in the human brain...

people with 0% experience of being a pro athlete saying with 100% conviction what being a pro athlete should feel like and what fitness level is acceptable...

to get this thread back on track, yes I would like to see more screens although I get it chop, the way they defend Kyler greatly effects screens.

However Giants didnt defend him like the previous 4 teams and maybe some screens wouldve worked. hopefully Kliff can identify early what approach teams are taking

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
delusion runs rampant in the human brain...

people with 0% experience of being a pro athlete saying with 100% conviction what being a pro athlete should feel like and what fitness level is acceptable...

to get this thread back on track, yes I would like to see more screens although I get it chop, the way they defend Kyler greatly effects screens.

However Giants didnt defend him like the previous 4 teams and maybe some screens wouldve worked. hopefully Kliff can identify early what approach teams are taking

The whole thing comes from people saying that Kyler can't throw after he runs because he's too tired. You really agree with that?

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Some of our terrible screen game comes from how defenses rush Kyler. Those DEs rush outside arm and shallow which puts them right in the area of the screen. The entire point of screens is to suck in the defenders which creates space and then throw over them into that space. These defenders are being coached NOT to attack Kyler recklessly which prevents them from getting sucked in.

I am not saying there isn't a way to run a successful screen game with Kyler, but recognize it is a bit more difficult with him than with a guy like Baker.

Same with rollouts.
Some of our terrible screen game comes from how defenses rush Kyler. Those DEs rush outside arm and shallow which puts them right in the area of the screen. The entire point of screens is to suck in the defenders which creates space and then throw over them into that space. These defenders are being coached NOT to attack Kyler recklessly which prevents them from getting sucked in.

I am not saying there isn't a way to run a successful screen game with Kyler, but recognize it is a bit more difficult with him than with a guy like Baker.

Same with rollouts.
Agreed on why our screen game is non-existent. They could try faking it one way and go the other way on a screen. Better yet turn the screen into a RB running a wheel route then. He should be able to outrun a lb and get big yardage since they are rushing soft.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I promise you after any Murray scramble over 10 yards, we are running the ball up the middle next play

I have yet to figure out why we take a huge play and promptly plod for 2 yards

Don't think I have noticed that one yet. I hope we would pull a playaction on it the 3rd time.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole thing comes from people saying that Kyler can't throw after he runs because he's too tired. You really agree with that?

People also say he can't throw over the middle because he is too short. A lot of nonsense going around...

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
How was any of that on K1 though? A qb cant run the offense and make situational decisions at the same time.
Well you roll out for 7 seconds and only had 8 to start with. So there's that.

Before that he slides in bounds when he could have ran ob and saved clock time.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Then the kid needs to get way more aerobic exercise. This is an unacceptable excuse.

Oh Stout, chill with the tunnel vision. This is on Kliff for cuddling his young QB. You see if the mighty midget is tired, the opposing defense is also tired, so you will get the same result in more slow mo with the defense sucking air too :)

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
lol @ guys with beer guts in their pictures saying the athlete with a 6 pack needs more cardio work...

total weight of gear is around 12 pounds (closer to 15 pounds if you've got rib pads on)...

why dont you put on a 15 pound weight vest, jog around for 5 mins, then sprint for 20 yards, and see if you want to sprint again in 25 seconds after rapidly communicating with people and not sitting down and breathing.
Hey now Kylers pads are very small

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't seen this posted before so here you go.

It's just one game, and I think Jackson is way too lenient on Kliff for doing the blindingly obvious but still. Also show's some issues with Kyler here where he throws too late leading to the INT.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media