Greetings from Austria

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

First of all I wanted to thank you all! I have been a Cardinals fan for almost 15 years now and this board has always been my primary source of information. Thanks to you guys I learned more about the Cardinals and football in general than anywhere else.

To be honest I was always a bit scared to sign up because of my very average english skills and because I am afraid I can't really contribute football knowledge wise. But as Bernhard Seikovits has become the first Austrian Cardinal today, I thought it would be the perfect day to become the first (?) Austrian user here.

Football in general has become more and more popular over here in the last years. I think that has a lot to do with TV coverage. Now you are able to watch 1-2 games each Sunday and all playoff games in free-TV and with dazn you can watch TNF, NFL Red Zone, SNF and MNF. Unfortunately that resulted in a lot of new Seahawks fans and the 49ers have always been quite popular, even before the football boom. At least nobody seems to care about the Rams ;)

Go Cards!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

First of all I wanted to thank you all! I have been a Cardinals fan for almost 15 years now and this board has always been my primary source of information. Thanks to you guys I learned more about the Cardinals and football in general than anywhere else.

To be honest I was always a bit scared to sign up because of my very average english skills and because I am afraid I can't really contribute football knowledge wise. But as Bernhard Seikovits has become the first Austrian Cardinal today, I thought it would be the perfect day to become the first (?) Austrian user here.

Football in general has become more and more popular over here in the last years. I think that has a lot to do with TV coverage. Now you are able to watch 1-2 games each Sunday and all playoff games in free-TV and with dazn you can watch TNF, NFL Red Zone, SNF and MNF. Unfortunately that resulted in a lot of new Seahawks fans and the 49ers have always been quite popular, even before the football boom. At least nobody seems to care about the Rams ;)

Go Cards!!

Your English is amazing! It is better than a lot of native speakers...

Don't use that as an excuse. Contribute and enjoy!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Go Cards!!

Welcome to the board! I can read your english just fine. there are english speakers who post here that makes less sense than you so dont be shy!

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings from Frankfurt to Vienna! Lurking and learning daily for the last 16 years here and since the 90s on the old AZ Central boards, at Soses place and anywhere else where I could find Suns and Cardinals info. Just started to post a bit last week as well.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Go Cards!!

Your football knowledge is surely better than @Solar7 and @Stout so no reason you can't join in ;)

Your English is certainly better.

OP
OP
A

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome, AustrianCardFan! Since you've been lurking for a while, you should know, You're buying 1st round! I'll take a double Jameson with Ginger & Lime!
You must be registered for see images attach

And Nate, don't go anywhere, you buy next round! :cheers:
Sure! But I actually live in a famous wine region, so you might think about your order again :cheers:

Nate

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, AustrianCardFan! Since you've been lurking for a while, you should know, You're buying 1st round! I'll take a double Jameson with Ginger & Lime!
You must be registered for see images attach

And Nate, don't go anywhere, you buy next round! :cheers:

As AustrianCardFan, I am from a famous wine region as well. Lets have a Riesling together. Cheers! :)