OT: Rodgers wants out of Green Bay?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This makes me throw up. Grown men are making asses of themselves. Are they going to make Rodgers the Assistant General Manger to keep him??
This is so much BS. Just trade him and move on.

Gutekunst also said he welcomes input from Rodgers on personnel decisions. In the past, Gutekunst has said it would be unfair to put such pressure on a player, but Gutekunst said Rodgers’ experience in the league is valuable in his decision making. Gutekunst acknowledged Thursday that he erred by not telling Rodgers that he was trading up to take Love in last year's draft.

“Quite frankly,” Gutekunst said, “the past three years that I’ve been doing this, I’ve always welcomed that input. I think he has such an experience in this league that that input would be always something vitally important to me, if he’s willing to give it. And that’s not new. That’s not unique.”

LaFleur simply isn’t ready to turn that page.

“I’ve never really thought about that,” LaFleur said. “I can’t fathom him not being in Green Bay. So that’s where my mind’s at. I don’t only love the player, I love the person. I love working with him on a daily basis. I think we all do, from the players in that locker room to the coaching staff. I don’t even want to let my mind go there.”

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s quietly gone under the radar with a great deal of drama. Estranged from family. Toxic relationship with Olivia Munn. And that talk of his bizarre relationship with his assistant. The estrangement issue always blew me away

We don't know the whole story of course but the parts we do know frankly I fully get why Aaron is how he is. He says the rift started because of Aaron's stance on organized religion in general, Christianity in particular. He was raised in a religious family and when he got older and started looking at it through his own lens, not the lens of his family he said I don't know how anybody can support organized religion where the teaching is that most of the planet is going to be "condemned to a fiery hell" because they are "in the wrong religion."

It's a fair point that gets made often. He apparently skipped his grandfathers funeral because he wanted to avoid the possible showdown with his family over religion(at most funerals it's inevitable). He also skipped a good friends wedding at the last minute again because of the religious angle.

It's unfortunate and I hope he patches it up but I can guarantee you he's not the only late 30's person in the world who is estranged from family because of religious views.

There's of course a rumor that goes back over 10 years that if it were true would also explain much of the religious stuff too but with that one again we don't know and the people that do aren't talking.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1) They’re toast regardless. At least if they trade him, they get something back instead of him being a distraction or retiring.

2) Yes, the GM and coach having the best QB in the NFL.

3) Every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Keim is a damn good GM, it’s just cool for the liberals to cry about him on here. Kliff def sucks a good bit of the time but I think the team knew there would be a learning curve with him. They said they wanted him as OC but didn’t want him stolen after a few years to become a HC somewhere. Believe it or not, people that work hard at their jobs (like Kliff who obviously does) tend to get better at them over time. LaFluer (sp?) is an utter moron.
Not sorry your Keim has less playoff wins in 8 years than 2 years of awful LaFluer and Gutenkunst.

Is Keim a liberal or conservative?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The fact that the Packers have only won one SB with Rodgers as their QB speaks oh so loudly that their FO sucks. I truly believe that Rodgers is better than Brady but have only have won 1 SB compared to what the Pats have done.

The Packers have wasted the career of won of the greatest QB's to ever play the game.
This is an interesting take. Then so have the Saints. And every team with Warner. And the colts with Manning. And Broncos with elway.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We don't know the whole story of course but the parts we do know frankly I fully get why Aaron is how he is. He says the rift started because of Aaron's stance on organized religion in general, Christianity in particular. He was raised in a religious family and when he got older and started looking at it through his own lens, not the lens of his family he said I don't know how anybody can support organized religion where the teaching is that most of the planet is going to be "condemned to a fiery hell" because they are "in the wrong religion."

It's a fair point that gets made often. He apparently skipped his grandfathers funeral because he wanted to avoid the possible showdown with his family over religion(at most funerals it's inevitable). He also skipped a good friends wedding at the last minute again because of the religious angle.

It's unfortunate and I hope he patches it up but I can guarantee you he's not the only late 30's person in the world who is estranged from family because of religious views.

There's of course a rumor that goes back over 10 years that if it were true would also explain much of the religious stuff too but with that one again we don't know and the people that do aren't talking.

I think it started with his brother going on a reality show and airing their dirty laundry. Rodgers who seems like a notorious grudge holder and private person probably can’t get over it.

Religious disagreements aside it’s got to be rough on the parents, who by all accounts raised him well to be blackballed by their son. I think he’s just hard to get along with. Ex teammates questioned his personality before it was mainstream.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is an interesting take. Then so have the Saints. And every team with Warner. And the colts with Manning. And Broncos with elway.

Yep, 3:30 am after a couple of martini's and several bears leads to me not putting out my best stuff.

I do believe that a good FO does more with Rodgers then what they have. Warner went to 3 SB's and Elway was in 5 SB's. I realize I typed won but again it was late etc.

Marino only made it to one SB and your Brees example is right on so yes as we all know it is incredibly hard to get to a SB.

Bottom line is that I get why Rodgers is pissed and I for one don't blame him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it started with his brother going on a reality show and airing their dirty laundry. Rodgers who seems like a notorious grudge holder and private person probably can’t get over it.

Religious disagreements aside it’s got to be rough on the parents, who by all accounts raised him well to be blackballed by their son. I think he’s just hard to get along with. Ex teammates questioned his personality before it was mainstream.

His brother aired that they were estranged. that is the airing didn't cause the estrangement it was already there the brother just made it public.

I'm sure he is tough to get on with I'm just saying his view on religion is not exactly odd, there are LOTS of people who feel the way he does.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
His brother aired that they were estranged. that is the airing didn't cause the estrangement it was already there the brother just made it public.

I'm sure he is tough to get on with I'm just saying his view on religion is not exactly odd, there are LOTS of people who feel the way he does.

I think a lot of people disagree with their family on certain things and don’t cut them off. There’s got to be more to it. #ohwell

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Brian Gutekunst: I got one Aaron Rodgers trade call, said no, that was it
Michael David Smith
Mon, May 3, 2021, 3:20 AM
Despite reports on draft day that multiple teams had asked the Packers about trading for quarterback Aaron Rodgers, General Manager Brian Gutekunst says one very short conversation is all he had.
Gutekunst told Peter King for Football Morning in America that the only call he got came after the draft day reports that Rodgers could be traded. Gutekunst says he shut that conversation down quickly.

Brian Gutekunst: I got one Aaron Rodgers trade call, said no, that was it (yahoo.com)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are contradicting yourself.

1. Are Packers coaches and GM really dumb when they recognize they are toast without Rodgers and this resisting trade
2. The GM and coach who put together 26-6 record after Rodgers floundering under McCarthy' late years.
3. Are they worse then your Keim and Cliff?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Who’s Cliff??

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Bradshaw had the benefit of playing with an All World D, HOF Coach, HOF RB and 2 HOF receivers. Very few people know what’s really going on in the situation but I would imagine it’s a lot more than the Packers drafting Jordan Love.

I don’t blame Rogers for wanting out and having lived on the Wisconsin border for the last 20 years I don’t think I’ve ever dealt with a more obnoxious group of people than die hard Packers fans so I’m biased lol. Bears fans are a close second

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep... Brady is the better QB IMO

EVEN HEAD TO HEAD:

Brady has far outplayed him... Small sample size but still....

Rodgers and Brady have met head-to-head just three times in their careers. Brady is 2-1 in those games. Bradyis 61 of 97 for 805 yards, with five TDs and zero interceptions in head-to-head starts against Rodgers, who is 64 of 116 for 787 yards, with four TDs and two interceptions in those games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson