Budda Baker getting paid

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He jumped on that number quick after seeing the Cardinals drafted #3 Marco Wilson from Florida. I guarantee that Marco would have snagged that number if available.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t like the number change rules...

Why?

The player does not need to change their number - in reality it does not affect them at all.

The team asking them to pick up the actual expense they incur for doing so only makes sense to me.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He has to get better in that area
In Nowdays nfl turnover are essentials
You mean like last year? Both of his career interception were last season.

That being said he also creates turnovers with fumbles as he has 5 forced fumbles and 4 fumble recoveries.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That being said he also creates turnovers with fumbles as he has 5 forced fumbles and 4 fumble recoveries.

He still needs to do better. Tackling machines shouldn’t be the basis for being an all pro imo. He needs to create more turnovers. True legit all pro safeties in their first four years like Ed Reed created 30 turnovers comparatively. Troy Polamalu had 16 in his first 4. Buddha based off your standard of using FF and FR total in four years only 11. Considering how big of a game changing play a TO is.

People say Budda is a game changer and the only time I really have seen that is the first Seattle game last year.

He’s a good player. I’m happy to have him. But he’s not a GREAT safety and has a limited skill set. Just shows imo how weak safety play in the NFL as a whole is right now if Baker is the All Pro selection.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He still needs to do better. Tackling machines shouldn’t be the basis for being an all pro imo. He needs to create more turnovers. True legit all pro safeties in their first four years like Ed Reed created 30 turnovers comparatively. Troy Polamalu had 16 in his first 4. Buddha based off your standard of using FF and FR total in four years only 11. Considering how big of a game changing play a TO is.

People say Budda is a game changer and the only time I really have seen that is the first Seattle game last year.

He’s a good player. I’m happy to have him. But he’s not a GREAT safety and has a limited skill set. Just shows imo how weak safety play in the NFL as a whole is right now if Baker is the All Pro selection.

Not that it changes anything you are saying here (it doesn’t) but the contact rules have drastically affected the way safeties have to play the game now. That’s why there has been such a drop off I think. The odds of getting a penalty for blowing up a play across the middle - where safeties have always made their money. I mean how would AW have even fared with these rules?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

TBF Polamalu and Reed are first ballot hall of fame players so it is a bit ridiculously high bar to compare him to.

Also as the years have gone by league interceptions have gone down so players aren't racking up as many picks as they did 10+ years ago.

That being said, yes Baker does need to cause some more turnovers, but the fact that he is an all pro player without forcing a ton of them says something about the expectations for an all pro safety in today's NFL.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that it changes anything you are saying here (it doesn’t) but the contact rules have drastically affected the way safeties have to play the game now. That’s why there has been such a drop off I think. The odds of getting a penalty for blowing up a play across the middle - where safeties have always made their money. I mean how would AW have even fared with these rules?

TBF Polamalu and Reed are first ballot hall of fame players so it is a bit ridiculously high bar to compare him to.

Also as the years have gone by league interceptions have gone down so players aren't racking up as many picks as they did 10+ years ago.

That being said, yes Baker does need to cause some more turnovers, but the fact that he is an all pro player without forcing a ton of them says something about the expectations for an all pro safety in today's NFL.

If that’s he case by this standard other safeties like Micah Hyde shouldn’t be matching Poloamalu at 16 TOs created in first 4 years in today’s NFL? Or Harrison Smith topping him at 17 total TO’s in first 4 years in today’s NFL?

Or better yet in one less season(only 3) in today’s NFL Minkah Fitzpatrick has created an eye popping 21 turnovers?

Kevin Byard has 19 in his first 4 seasons in today’s NFL?

Devin Mcourtey 22 TOs created just in his first four years?

Marcus Williams if the saints has 16 total turnovers created in 4 seasons of today’s NFL?

That’s after 5 minutes of looking I’m sure there are more.....

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If that’s he case by this standard other safeties like Micah Hyde shouldn’t be matching Poloamalu at 16 TOs created in first 4 years in today’s NFL? Or Harrison Smith topping him at 17 total TO’s in first 4 years in today’s NFL?

Or better yet in one less season(only 3) in today’s NFL Minkah Fitzpatrick has created an eye popping 21 turnovers?

Kevin Byard has 19 in his first 4 seasons in today’s NFL?

Devin Mcourtey 22 TOs created just in his first four years?

Marcus Williams if the saints has 16 total turnovers created in 4 seasons of today’s NFL?

That’s after 5 minutes of looking I’m sure there are more.....
I'm just giving you a cold hard fact. Interceptions are down by over 20% from 10+ years ago. In 2010 there were 511 total interception and in 2020 395 total.

Again I am not suggesting that Baker doesn't need to force more than he has, but I don't think his turnover numbers are as bad/low as they would have been seen 10+ years ago.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Agree. He's not a Hall of Famer...... yet. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson