NFC West Draft opinions

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who do you like from the other teams in the NFC West? What's your overall thoughts?

The only Seahawks picks I like is Eskridge.

The Rams draft needs burning with a flamethrower except they stole two guys I liked as low round flyers in Rochell and Harris.

Niners got Ambry Thomas who I liked.

Otherwise, not great. I much prefer our draft.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just want to use this thread to apologize to the posters that I might have insulted in my posts in other threads. I admit that I'm a glass is half full type of fan and have a hard time reading the posts of the half empty type fans. But on reflection I know that we're all Cardinals fans and want only the best for the team. So, I'll close with a Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I just want to use this thread to apologize to the posters that I might have insulted in my posts in other threads. I admit that I'm a glass is half full type of fan and have a hard time reading the posts of the half empty type fans. But on reflection I know that we're all Cardinals fans and want only the best for the team. So, I'll close with a Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa.

No worries, @Garthshort. We're all fans here :beer:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anybody’s feelings get hurt because a difference of opinion( without insults) they are as soft as Keims head. Rock on Garth!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Given what we started the draft with picks wise....Im very happy how we did.

I think our first 2 picks contribute immediately.

For me, I like the fit of Collins and Moore. Collins should replace one of the Cardinals weakest every down players. Hicks was terrible last year. ILB has the chance to be dynamic.

Rondale Moore will become the bubble screen guy and a super slot. KKs offense has been missing those staple plays. In some ways, Fitz was more of a hindrance than a help last year. Receivers like Terrance Marshall didn't fill this need.

I really like getting young, long corners. My draft philosophy on positions of need is to draft a few guys and let them compete for spots. It doesn't always work, but using day three picks for this approach doesn't hurt.

Wiggins is a great pick for day three. Very good athlete and has good tape. Could be a steal and improves secondary depth. When corner is an issue, sometimes playing safeties with a bit more coverage ability can partially make up for corner weakness. Wiggins should have a role on this team.

The Duke OLB should be able to fill the last OLB spot and contribute on special teams. He's tough and instinctive. Maybe my least favorite pick overall.

Menet will have a tough time beating out Gaillard, but you never know. He's certain a longer player than Gaillard. Team captain. Its a gamble but so is every seventh round pick.

What I didn't like is that the Cardinals routinely missed out on players by a few picks. I would have preferred an early pick on corner, but I get why Keim passed in rounds 1 and 2.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Reading one of the draft write ups on Rams third round pick, ILB Ernest Jones...the analyst said he should be a solid backup and good special teams player. Not what you want to hear about a 3rd round pick.

Tutu At well plays smaller than Rondale Moore. He's fast yeah, but he's more akin to JJ Nelson. Rams are comparing him to Desean Jackson, but Jackson has always been an extreme outlier. A 150 lb receiver will rarely make it in the NFL.

The Seahawks haven't drafted well since Bobby Wagner draft.

The Niners don't need RBs! The needed pass rushers and CBs. They didn't really get either. They got some nice players, but their draft success will be predicated on Lance being a very good player and QUICKLY.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really like our first two picks, the other picks are hit/miss, but Keim needs a good draft.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hell, I love all our picks, the rest of the division's draft all sucks green donkey ass lol. Our team is the best, our GM is the best, our owner is the best, I'll stop typing from laughter now :)
No doubt this is me too. I mostly love all our picks until it’s blatantly obvious the dude sucks. Then I’m like “cut the bum”:cool:

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of our own I love Collins, Wilson and Wiggins.

I like Gowan, especially for value.

I'm dubious on Moore but fingers crossed.

The others are just guys.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s a guarantee everything falls the way it did had SF not traded up but they could’ve probably got Mac had they stayed at #10 (depending on the notion that it was a coin flip preference between him and Lance). Or at least they could’ve gave up less capital to move up to #6 with Philly.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I felt like even though we got two good players with the first two picks, I definitely think Dallas took our guy with the MLB they picked, and the the Chargers snatched the CB we wanted in the second round. It seemed like we were having guys that would fit our club going just a pick or two away from our spot.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Of our own I love Collins, Wilson and Wiggins.

I like Gowan, especially for value.

I'm dubious on Moore but fingers crossed.

The others are just guys.

I like Moore's fit a lot.

People comparing him to Isabella are being lazy; both are short and fast, but play very differently. Isabella was a projection; he was very much just straight line fast and doesn't have the wiggle that Rondale has.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I felt like even though we got two good players with the first two picks, I definitely think Dallas took our guy with the MLB they picked, and the the Chargers snatched the CB we wanted in the second round. It seemed like we were having guys that would fit our club going just a pick or two away from our spot.

I don't think so at all. Zaven is exactly who they wanted. Parsons was barely used in coverage. Everything the Cardinals have talked about over the past few seasons points to them wanting ILBs who can play all three downs well.

I agree Samuel might have been the guy they wanted, but Moore could be explosive in KKs offense.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Moore's fit a lot.

People comparing him to Isabella are being lazy; both are short and fast, but play very differently. Isabella was a projection; he was very much just straight line fast and doesn't have the wiggle that Rondale has.

Its not Moore per se. Although his low YPA and distance from a productive 2018 concern me.

I'd say this about pretty much any college slot receiver. The way they are used is vastly different to the NFL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Its not Moore per se. Although his low YPA and distance from a productive 2018 concern me.

I'd say this about pretty much any college slot receiver. The way they are used is vastly different to the NFL.

Sure, but you can look at his skill set, and by already knowing what Kliff likes to do, it's pretty clear what they will want to do with Rondale. The same can't be said for the other receivers available.

A WR corps of Hopkins, Green, Kirk, and Moore looks pretty solid.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure, but you can look at his skill set, and by already knowing what Kliff likes to do, it's pretty clear what they will want to do with Rondale. The same can't be said for the other receivers available.

Solid i dont know
But beside hopkins is pretty unknown
Green has something left?
Kirk can be more consistent?
Moore can stay healthy and can translate his plays at nfl level? Moreover he had a great season 3 years a go

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading one of the draft write ups on Rams third round pick, ILB Ernest Jones...the analyst said he should be a solid backup and good special teams player. Not what you want to hear about a 3rd round pick.

Tutu At well plays smaller than Rondale Moore. He's fast yeah, but he's more akin to JJ Nelson. Rams are comparing him to Desean Jackson, but Jackson has always been an extreme outlier. A 150 lb receiver will rarely make it in the NFL.

The Seahawks haven't drafted well since Bobby Wagner draft.

The Niners don't need RBs! The needed pass rushers and CBs. They didn't really get either. They got some nice players, but their draft success will be predicated on Lance being a very good player and QUICKLY.

on the 49ers the reason they picked RB is because of contracts, all the guys on their roster are essentially in the last year of their contract. And Mostert and Wilson have injury histories so they signed Gallman in FA and drafted a RB. Gallman has a 1 year deal too though.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Could be solid. Right now it’s one of the best 3 pass catchers in the game and a bunch of question marks.

Even if Moore passes Kirk on the depth chart, it’s still a pretty mediocre room unless AJ Green returns to form.

very talented room in 2018.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Could be solid. Right now it’s one of the best 3 pass catchers in the game and a bunch of question marks.

Even if Moore passes Kirk on the depth chart, it’s still a pretty mediocre room unless AJ Green returns to form.

very talented room in 2018.

Everything "could be"

You could really be my mom posting all these years on this forum.

I don't think it's a stretch to say Green should at least be better than the corpse of Larry Fitzgerald we saw last year. Kirk is a decent NFL player. Not a great WR corps, but solid.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Everything "could be"

You could really be my mom posting all these years on this forum

I don't think it's a stretch to say Green should at least be better than the corpse of Larry Fitzgerald we saw last year. Kirk is a decent NFL player. Not a great WR corps, but solid.
Wouldn’t that be a fantastic twist to the forum?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson