2021 4th round pick is Marco Wilson CB

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At a certain juncture it’s a risk/reward equation. Just explaining why he would’ve dropped. Never said it made him undraftable.

That was my point though. We were well at the stage I'd rather take the shot on Smith than draft a 4-3 ED from Duke nobody ever heard of or a corner with only 1 year in FBS which no ball skills.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's certainly a modern day football player. Big Twitch streamer. Has his own Youtube channel and made a VLOG of his Pro Day.

Hard not to like him.

I'm not foolish. I know he has some technical issues. The reason I always wanted him was his elite athleticism, he's super smart and Todd Grantham's scheme sucks ass. As evidenced by that clip of him on an island vs Devonta Smith in the RZ.

Some good full time coaching and an NFL scheme will see him right I hope. Well worth a 4th though.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Another good video from him Youtube channel here. It's easy to forget how much work these kids have to put in just for the hope of getting to play on Sunday's.

At least he knows Phoenix already.

Trigger warning - He says Cat's are better than Dog's for all you dog guys out there.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
feels more athlete / size prospect than football player

i guess at this point in the draft (and especially this draft) its what you are down to
He has NFL DB family everywhere. Father, uncle, was it a brother too. Thanksgiving dinner conversation is about covering the slot. The odds of him getting the NFL game are better than most.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's certainly a modern day football player. Big Twitch streamer. Has his own Youtube channel and made a VLOG of his Pro Day.

Hard not to like him.

I'm not foolish. I know he has some technical issues. The reason I always wanted him was his elite athleticism, he's super smart and Todd Grantham's scheme sucks ass. As evidenced by that clip of him on an island vs Devonta Smith in the RZ.

Some good full time coaching and an NFL scheme will see him right I hope. Well worth a 4th though.

Another good video from him Youtube channel here. It's easy to forget how much work these kids have to put in just for the hope of getting to play on Sunday's.

Trigger warning - He says Cat's are better than Dog's for all you dog guys out there.

look forward to getting some insider perspective once training camps starts

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not at someone. A LSU player lost his shoe during a play. Wilson was pumped up as they stopped LSU from getting a first down and the game was over. So he decides to pick up the shoe and chuck it 30 yards down the field. Hes flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and LSU ends up getting the first and eventually kicks the game winning field goal.
I watched that whole game.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looked like the show just came off in his hand after the tackle and he just threw it in celebration. There was no “deciding” going on. It was all emotion. His problem was that he wasn’t thinking. He wasn’t trying to be an idiot.

if he had not thrown the shoe, he would have been drafted higher.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
LOL at an

Fans on here tend to forget Keim was a huge success his first three years. What happened after that is up for debate. I think what Keim has done over the Kingsbury era has been more positive than negative.

This year's focus is toughness and he has added that in spades.

JJ Watt is tough.
Butler is tough.
Collins is tough.
James Conner is tough.
Even Rondale Moore is tough.
Couple thoughts:

33% successful years, 6 years ago is faint praise

interesting observation about toughness

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That was my point though. We were well at the stage I'd rather take the shot on Smith than draft a 4-3 ED from Duke nobody ever heard of or a corner with only 1 year in FBS which no ball skills.
But you don’t make the risk judgment. Cards have generally been a risk-averse organization. This doesn’t surprise me one iota.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Looked like the show just came off in his hand after the tackle and he just threw it in celebration. There was no “deciding” going on. It was all emotion. His problem was that he wasn’t thinking. He wasn’t trying to be an idiot.

if he had not thrown the shoe, he would have been drafted higher.
I don’t think whole front offices of scouts and gms on multiple teams are that stupid. They all know the shoe incident. They all did their homework on it. May it have been a factor in his grades by teams? Sure. But in the land of drafting/signing domestic abusers, I’m fairly confident that the shoe didn’t cost him much, if any, draft position. As Harry said, his tape doesn’t match his athleticism.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hard not to like him.

It’s really really hard not to like this kid especially after watching his videos

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wilson outperforms Newsome across the board in agility drills.

If SK feels that Wilson's shortcomings were overplayed, extenuating or coached out of him, Mario should be his logical choice.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The shoe throwing incident possibly cost Florida a spot in the playoff but I doubt it had any affect on his draft value. As others have stated he’s got a significant injury history and had trouble in coverage.

I’m glad they double-dipped on project corners cause I was about to suggest double-dipping on vet corners by signed Shermator. :eek:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A couple thoughts on this pick as most have been covered already.

1 - I agree with the idea that day 3 picks are best to be used on athletes. Between the FA market and UDFAs, the ability to get teams players is very easy.

2 - I like the longevity of legacy players as well. This kid has an idea of what it takes to play in the NFL.

3 - Sometimes the best thing for guys like this is to be taken late. That can be the motivator to refine their technique and maximize their potential.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Love this kid's potential. If he realizes his full potential, he will far-and-away be the best Cardinal pick of the draft.

athleticism, speed, intelligence, the agility to play inside or outside,

He was the guy I was most excited about initially and still am. :D

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s really really hard not to like this kid especially after watching his videos

Yeah he seems like nice kid who will be popular in the locker room. He definitely has Elite measurables physically and their is no denying that.

My concerns stem from the videos that I've watched of him play football, he has looked real shaky in coverage. I also believe he is undisciplined, and for a Cardinal team that struggled last year with discipline and stupid penalties, is this a smart fit? Maybe JJ Watt will bring his brand of discipline and accountability that will rub off on his teammates? I sure hope so but I'm not holding my breath.

Still for a 4th round pick I'm OK with selecting him. If somehow this kid can be coached up then he has the physical skills to be something special. But man that is a big IF.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
A couple thoughts on this pick as most have been covered already.

1 - I agree with the idea that day 3 picks are best to be used on athletes. Between the FA market and UDFAs, the ability to get teams players is very easy.

2 - I like the longevity of legacy players as well. This kid has an idea of what it takes to play in the NFL.

3 - Sometimes the best thing for guys like this is to be taken late. That can be the motivator to refine their technique and maximize their potential.

It sounds like the Cardinals are going to be junking a lot of their man concepts they've been running over the past two years. Guys like Wilson won't be as exposed in more zone heavy concepts.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love this kid's potential. If he realizes his full potential, he will far-and-away be the best Cardinal pick of the draft.

athleticism, speed, intelligence, the agility to play inside or outside,

He was the guy I was most excited about initially and still am. :D

I feel completely the opposite.

He is the worst pick by far in my opinion. I watch his tape and I see a guy that only has his job because of his athletic ability but shows very poor technique.

Than he makes that cocky remark about he is the best athlete at corner and should have been drafted earlier. Kind of shows he does not have a clue.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He is the worst pick by far in my opinion. I watch his tape and I see a guy that only has his job because of his athletic ability but shows very poor technique.

Than he makes that cocky remark about he is the best athlete at corner and should have been drafted earlier. Kind of shows he does not have a clue.

Hopefully with Vance Joseph can work on his technique
From what I see, he lacks consistency and concentration, he makes a good coverage and in another play look unprepared

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It sounds like the Cardinals are going to be junking a lot of their man concepts they've been running over the past two years. Guys like Wilson won't be as exposed in more zone heavy concepts.
This was my take with how we approached free agency. I think they signed Butler pre-draft because he is a little versatile, but my guess is that we see some pure zone vet signings after no CB in the first two rounds.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

It is 6 in one hand and a half dozen in the other. Most of these guys are projects. Would you rather have a guy with refined technique but can't compete athletically or a guy who struggles with his technique but can compete athletically. I say that because in rounds 4 - 7, you normally can't get both.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is 6 in one hand and a half dozen in the other. Most of these guys are projects. Would you rather have a guy with refined technique but can't compete athletically or a guy who struggles with his technique but can compete athletically. I say that because in rounds 4 - 7, you normally can't get both.

Honestly I want a guy with at least some of both. I have just not seen great athletes that don't know how to play converted into good players in the NFL.

Look at all the Olympians they have tried to turn into NFL players, and basically none of them have really succeeded that I can remember.