2021 7th round pick B is Michael Menet C

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the idea but no running back selected.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michal Menet
You must be registered for see images attach

Michal Menet
Penn State
Prospect Info
College
Penn State
Hometown
Class
Birdsboro, PA
R-Senior
Height
Weight
Arms
6' 4"
301 lbs
31 1/2"
Hands
10"

Michal Menet (pronounced michael men-NET) was rated among the top offensive linemen in the country after receiving first-team all-state honors as a sophomore, junior and senior at Exeter Township High School. He started 12 games in the pivot in 2018 after getting snaps in 12 games as a reserve his redshirt freshman season. He earned honorable mention All-Big Ten honors in 2019, starting all 13 games in the middle. League coaches voted him third-team all-conference in 2020, rewarding the two-time team captain for his play in nine starts for the Nittany Lions. Michal's brother, Christian, played football at Eastern Michigan before a neck injury ended his career. -- by Chad Reuter

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overview

Durable three-year starter with good mass and strength to handle what's in front or on top of him. However, he struggles when he has to range or play reactive football. Menet's opening steps and strikes are compact and efficient. He lands with some pop, but lacks ideal length and athleticism to sustain blocks against active defenders. He has the potential to become an average starter within two years.
Strengths
  • Three-year starter and two-time team captain.
  • Broad through chest and waist with good density.
  • Plays under control.
  • Able to make climb-blocks in tight quarters.
  • Excellent body control into and through his run block.
  • Fires hips into down blocks with leverage and pop.
  • Works feet into position before striking.
  • Can set a shallow anchor and stuff a bull rush.
  • Punches with inside hands.
  • Good upper-body power to displace edge attacks.
Weaknesses
  • Stubby arms diminish block sustain.
  • Doesn't have desired length or feet for redirection in space.
  • Below average snap-to-step quickness on down blocks.
  • Plodding working up to many second-level blocks.
  • Very limited range and adjustments as second-level blocker.
  • Heavy feet attempting to mirror edge-to-edge rushers.
  • Doesn't always slide feet quickly enough to help versus gap-runners in pass pro.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/michal-menet/32004d45-4e76-4183-7771-7bd4d96c9487

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Surprised Kylin Hill wasn't selected for us, but I didn't really want that to happen anyways. May as well give Eno Benjamin another chance compared to another late RB.

I have no strong feelings on the pick though. RB, CB, and TE will continue to be something to address in 2022, not that a 7th round pick would change anything.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Surprised Kylin Hill wasn't selected for us, but I didn't really want that to happen anyways. May as well give Eno Benjamin another chance compared to another late RB.

I have no strong feelings on the pick though. RB, CB, and TE will continue to be something to address in 2022, not that a 7th round pick would change anything.

Or Jonathan Ward who actually played and scored a nice TD on his only touch last year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, sure. Neither will be a factor most likely, but here's hoping.

At least let me have some hope for Benjamin since he went to ASU. :sparky:

I wasn't an Eno fan. Small and not a great athlete. Has some flash to his game but caused loss of yards too much for my taste.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
A better A J Shipley. He 's a Nittany Lion man, C'mon, you can never go wrong with a PSU center. This from a PSU homer. :p

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
A better A J Shipley. He 's a Nittany Lion man, C'mon, you can never go wrong with a PSU center. This from a PSU homer. :p

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:Championship:

Future Mike Webster here. I'm not saying this because I'm a Penn State homer. Not at all :D
What do you know about him? Could he be a decent backup and develop into a starter? Just wondering since you follow PSU.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
What do you know about him? Could he be a decent backup and develop into a starter? Just wondering since you follow PSU.

As a PSU follower and watching their games, Menet has some limitations however he can definitely become a solid backup and a starter down the road after Hudson's contract runs out. Solid fundamentally. Think of him a rich mans A J Shipley.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose