2021 4th round pick is Marco Wilson CB

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Scary for who?

He's played with it and has a regime to help it plus now full time NFL doctors to improve it.

Either it gets fixed or not but at this stage give me great talent with health issues over poor talent. I'd rather bet on the upside.
A) there’s potential unknown liability exposure
B) do you know how much it impacts a team if a player dies?

I feel horrible for the kid bc he’s falling through no fault of his own. But I get it from the teams standpoint.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I was talking with my brother, @Redrage about this the other day.

Third day picks should be used on guys with plus height/weight/speed. Bring in athletes. Some of these guys develop sometimes.

Wilson obviously is a high level athlete.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was talking with my brother, @Redrage about this the other day.

Third day picks should be used on guys with plus height/weight/speed. Bring in athletes. Some of these guys develop sometimes.

Wilson obviously is a high level athlete.
Exactly.

Remember when folks were coming at me cause of the Evan Weaver pick last year? lol

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Former Florida cornerback Marco Wilson, whose decision to throw the cleat of an LSU player late in a December game led to the Tigers kicking the game-winning field goal, was taken in the fourth round of the NFL draft by the Arizona Cardinals on Saturday.

The Cardinals, who were without a third- or fourth-round pick this year, traded with the Baltimore Ravens to move up into the fourth round to take Wilson.

Wilson threw the shoe after tackling LSU's Kole Taylor to get a stop on third down. The shoe came off Taylor in Wilson's hand and Wilson chucked it in celebration. He was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct, which kept LSU's drive alive and led to the Tigers kicking a game-winning field goal with 23 seconds left.

Wilson said that incident gave him a lesson in self-control, which he plans on taking with him into the NFL.

"You just got to just be in control of your emotions at all times and just make sure you're just doing the right things," he said. "But, also, just learned that silly mistakes like that can affect not only just you but a lot of people around you, so you just got to stay away from doing things like that."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...n-throwing-lsu-player-shoe-led-costly-penalty

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well he has already missed a full season with it. It’s not going to completely just go away either. I’d rather bet on a player contributing than a player whose career will probably be cut hella short due to unfortunate life-threatening circumstances.

Chiefs took him 3 picks after Gowan. Which is why the Chiefs are the Chiefs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A) there’s potential unknown liability exposure
B) do you know how much it impacts a team if a player dies?

I feel horrible for the kid bc he’s falling through no fault of his own. But I get it from the teams standpoint.

Didn't worry the Chiefs 3 picks after us.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Round 4, No. 136 overall: Marco Wilson, CB, Florida

My take: The Cardinals add depth to their cornerback room, a position which was a priority heading into the draft. Wilson is known for his speed and played at a high level at Florida against top competition in the SEC, so he comes to Arizona with a pedigree. As he showed against LSU when he threw a shoe that resulted in a penalty that cost the Gators the game, he can be emotional, which is good and bad for a team that led the NFL in penalties. Wilson also has a significant injury history with torn ACLs in high school and college. If he can stay healthy, he's the type of the player who can contribute if called upon immediately.

https://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-c...draft-picks-2021-analysis-for-every-selection

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Exactly.

Remember when folks were coming at me cause of the Evan Weaver pick last year? lol

I'll consider Weaver types on day three because of their production.

Zach Thomas had poo measureables just like Weaver. Granted, Thomas would be undraftable today.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Round 4, No. 136 overall: Marco Wilson, CB, Florida

My take: The Cardinals add depth to their cornerback room, a position which was a priority heading into the draft. Wilson is known for his speed and played at a high level at Florida against top competition in the SEC, so he comes to Arizona with a pedigree. As he showed against LSU when he threw a shoe that resulted in a penalty that cost the Gators the game, he can be emotional, which is good and bad for a team that led the NFL in penalties. Wilson also has a significant injury history with torn ACLs in high school and college. If he can stay healthy, he's the type of the player who can contribute if called upon immediately.

https://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-c...draft-picks-2021-analysis-for-every-selection
I feel like we needed a guy who could be immediate insurance for Alford.. hopefully that last sentence rings true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As a whole, Keim has had an exceptional offseason, both in FA & this draft. Let’s see how it plays out on the field. I really like this pick. I think this kid could be the surprise of the draft. He’s an exceptional athlete who takes pride in his craft. Intelligent kid, who works his butt off. He has a chip on his shoulder as he honestly believes he was as talented or more talented than any corner in the draft. Love how he handled the aftermath of the “shoe” incident. And his measurables were purely insane. On paper, this is a great get in the 4th round. We’ll see how it plays out.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If I had to put money on it I'd say over confidence in ability. Not only from himself but from his coaches.

A 4 star recruit with a bunch of offers. Came in and started as a Freshman right away. I think along the way they forgot he needed coaching up. I think they had this super athletic 4 star kid and skipped the coaching bit.

Too much "You're the man" and not enough "You need to work on this"

That's speculation from me but it wouldn't be the first time.

Anyway, for a 4th I'm well pleased.
And the kid has tremendous pedigree. NFL bloodlines flow through this kid’s veins. Loved his interview & how he handled the shoe incident. Can’t imagine he doesn’t have a huge chip on his shoulder. You might be inclined to pass on a kid like this in the 1st or 2nd round, but you certainly don’t pass on him in the 4th.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
LOL at an
As a whole, Keim has had an exceptional offseason, both in FA & this draft. Let’s see how it plays out on the field. I really like this pick. I think this kid could be the surprise of the draft. He’s an exceptional athlete who takes pride in his craft. Intelligent kid, who works his butt off. He has a chip on his shoulder as he honestly believes he was as talented or more talented than any corner in the draft. Love how he handled the aftermath of the “shoe” incident. And his measurables were purely insane. On paper, this is a great get in the 4th round. We’ll see how it plays out.

Fans on here tend to forget Keim was a huge success his first three years. What happened after that is up for debate. I think what Keim has done over the Kingsbury era has been more positive than negative.

This year's focus is toughness and he has added that in spades.

JJ Watt is tough.
Butler is tough.
Collins is tough.
James Conner is tough.
Even Rondale Moore is tough.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Hmmmm sounds like Pat P the last several seasons lol
Forget BPA, this was a need pick. This is an outstanding athlete who should be an impact player, but simply isn’t. I don’t like the pick. I’ve seen a million of these guys where someone is sure they can take them and “fix” him. They can’t IMO. It looks to me like he lacks grit. He’s a poor tackler though his measurables say he should be solid. In coverage he loses track of his man too often when that man is headed deep. He doesn’t mirror well on short routes.

He is so athletic he sometimes stumbles into a good play but I’m not sure it’s intentional. It’s weird, he’ll celebrate a good play, like he’s competitive, but on the next play seem disinterested. Maybe he doesn’t like football. If he decided it was important to him he might become a player, but frankly I doubt it. What a waste of talent. I wish the Cards had a great mentor to pair with him, but I’m far from confident that would be enough.