2021 4th round pick is Marco Wilson CB

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, what CB is going to win 1 on 1 with no safety help vs the #12 pick?

What was that defensive alignment? You could put a top 10 NFL corner in there and he would get beat.

He has to know the defensive alignment and that he has no help in the middle. Therefore there is no way he can let Smith get inside like that. He will get killed in the NFL if he plays undisciplined like that.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For those that don't follow the SEC, he was probably a 2nd round pick in 2020 if he came out pre shoe throw.

Just an incredible physical talent.

I disagree that the shoe thing caused him to fall as far as you seem to think he did. time and time again, NFL teams ignore much more and much worse based talent. I really like this pick but he has talent warts that NFL scouts have honed in on. That caused most of the fall not the shoe.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has to know the defensive alignment and that he has no help in the middle. Therefore there is no way he can let Smith get inside like that. He will get killed in the NFL if he plays undisciplined like that.

ehhh it’s one play.... too much of a conclusion from one play

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He has no help anywhere. That alignment is ridiculous. No idea what the DC is doing. If he leverages him outside were saying the same thing in reverse.

I agree that I'd like to see him favour the inside and I'd like to see more cushion (also that P2 did this a lot) but he was damned eithey way.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm guessing they thought the Seahawks wanted Wilson and traded up to get in front of them
this is an ouch:

136. Cardinals, Marco Wilson, CB, Florida
Grade: C+

Freaky athlete at his pro day who doesn't necessarily play to that level of twitch and explosion on film. Minimal ball production and doesn't mirror well. Worth a flier because of the timed athleticism.

137. Seahawks, Tre Brown, CB, Oklahoma
Grade: A

Super-feisty ready-to-go slot. Feet are lightning bolts and he loves battling. Will be an instant starter.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wouldn’t say most talented guy left. Dylan Moses still up there.

To be fair, I’m not touching a guy with blood clots either regardless of round. That’s scary as hell.

They drafting Moses now to spite you

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this is an ouch:

Freaky athlete at his pro day who doesn't necessarily play to that level of twitch and explosion on film. Minimal ball production and doesn't mirror well. Worth a flier because of the timed athleticism.

Super-feisty ready-to-go slot. Feet are lightning bolts and he loves battling. Will be an instant starter.

Yeah but he's a slot but mainly these grades don't mean crap.

Also SEC vs Big 12.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't like giving up next year's picks but I can live with a 4th to get a 4th. There isn't anyone I was in love with in the 5th anyways.

This is a high upside pick that makes sense. I'm cool with it.

Glad you're cool with it. I don't want to see any buts from you on this guy now. . I'm cool with all the picks they have chosen, so, I drink all the kool-aid that they can give me.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is an ouch:

Definitely an Ouchie

Did Keim out smart himself?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Forget BPA, this was a need pick. This is an outstanding athlete who should be an impact player, but simply isn’t. I don’t like the pick. I’ve seen a million of these guys where someone is sure they can take them and “fix” him. They can’t IMO. It looks to me like he lacks grit. He’s a poor tackler though his measurables say he should be solid. In coverage he loses track of his man too often when that man is headed deep. He doesn’t mirror well on short routes.

He is so athletic he sometimes stumbles into a good play but I’m not sure it’s intentional. It’s weird, he’ll celebrate a good play, like he’s competitive, but on the next play seem disinterested. Maybe he doesn’t like football. If he decided it was important to him he might become a player, but frankly I doubt it. What a waste of talent. I wish the Cards had a great mentor to pair with him, but I’m far from confident that would be enough.
Tarzan-Jane type? Hope light switches on for him.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Glad you're cool with it. I don't want to see any buts from you on this guy now. . I'm cool with all the picks they have chosen, so, I drink all the kool-aid that they can give me.
Haha, let's just not pretend I'm jumping up and down if this ever comes back. It's fine.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wouldn’t say most talented guy left. Dylan Moses still up there.

To be fair, I’m not touching a guy with blood clots either regardless of round. That’s scary as hell.

Scary for who?

He's played with it and has a regime to help it plus now full time NFL doctors to improve it.

Either it gets fixed or not but at this stage give me great talent with health issues over poor talent. I'd rather bet on the upside.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This "not motivated" idea needs to end here. Anyone that know Gator football will tell you he's incredibly hard working. Does everything right. Works hard in school. Stays late at practice.

Set fire to the idea he is where he is because he doesn't put the work in.
Then what’s the reason? Highest level athlete and according to you he’s a hard worker. Only things left are character (don’t think the shoe thing would drop him this far) and actual play on the field. Has the tools, he’s smart enough, and according to you he works hard enough, but production is missing. So just terrible instincts?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then what’s the reason? Highest level athlete and according to you he’s a hard worker. Only things left are character (don’t think the shoe thing would drop him this far) and actual play on the field. Has the tools, he’s smart enough, and according to you he works hard enough, but production is missing. So just terrible instincts?

Sometimes it's just coaching, or lack of.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If I had to put money on it I'd say over confidence in ability. Not only from himself but from his coaches.

A 4 star recruit with a bunch of offers. Came in and started as a Freshman right away. I think along the way they forgot he needed coaching up. I think they had this super athletic 4 star kid and skipped the coaching bit.

Too much "You're the man" and not enough "You need to work on this"

That's speculation from me but it wouldn't be the first time.

Anyway, for a 4th I'm well pleased.
In my experience that’s not how high level coaches operate. Particularly not ones at schools that are expecting to compete for playoff spots.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I felt sorry for the kid. He just made a game winning tackle. He's pumped up as are all his team. The cleat is right there in front of him and it was just instinct. I thought was a bit harsh to be fair.
I didn’t. He cost his team the game. What “instinct” exists to throw a shoe? It was 100% an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and an idiotic move by him. The article written about it months later that I read was pretty good. He seemed contrite. His family really rallied around him. I hope it was an eye opening, maybe even career changing, humbling experience for him. Some of these kids are so talented and have been exalted as such from such an early age that they lose all perspective. I kinda chalk the thrown shoe up to that - no pragmatic self-, or game-, awareness. Hopefully the experience humbled him and he understands his talent alone isn’t enough. Hope he succeeds.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Don't like how he gives up the inside on this play. He has to know that he has no help.
To be fair he’s on an island against the best receiver in the game. But yeah, would’ve like to have seen inside leverage and use the barrier as an additional defender.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Scary for who?

He's played with it and has a regime to help it plus now full time NFL doctors to improve it.

Either it gets fixed or not but at this stage give me great talent with health issues over poor talent. I'd rather bet on the upside.
Well he has already missed a full season with it. It’s not going to completely just go away either. I’d rather bet on a player contributing than a player whose career will probably be cut hella short due to unfortunate life-threatening circumstances.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

First three TDs against Florida and #3 didn't look that great.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Scary for who?

A) there’s potential unknown liability exposure
B) do you know how much it impacts a team if a player dies?

I feel horrible for the kid bc he’s falling through no fault of his own. But I get it from the teams standpoint.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully he learns from this and grows in the right direction