2021 4th round pick is Marco Wilson CB

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forget BPA, this was a need pick. This is an outstanding athlete who should be an impact player, but simply isn’t. I don’t like the pick. I’ve seen a million of these guys where someone is sure they can take them and “fix” him. They can’t IMO. It looks to me like he lacks grit. He’s a poor tackler though his measurables say he should be solid. In coverage he loses track of his man too often when that man is headed deep. He doesn’t mirror well on short routes.

He is so athletic he sometimes stumbles into a good play but I’m not sure it’s intentional. It’s weird, he’ll celebrate a good play, like he’s competitive, but on the next play seem disinterested. Maybe he doesn’t like football. If he decided it was important to him he might become a player, but frankly I doubt it. What a waste of talent. I wish the Cards had a great mentor to pair with him, but I’m far from confident that would be enough.

That is what I was kind of afraid of with this pick. I'm never a fan when a team drafts purely for a need.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forget BPA, this was a need pick. This is an outstanding athlete who should be an impact player, but simply isn’t. I don’t like the pick. I’ve seen a million of these guys where someone is sure they can take them and “fix” him. They can’t IMO. It looks to me like he lacks grit. He’s a poor tackler though his measurables say he should be solid. In coverage he loses track of his man too often when that man is headed deep. He doesn’t mirror well on short routes.

He is so athletic he sometimes stumbles into a good play but I’m not sure it’s intentional. It’s weird, he’ll celebrate a good play, like he’s competitive, but on the next play seem disinterested. Maybe he doesn’t like football. If he decided it was important to him he might become a player, but frankly I doubt it. What a waste of talent. I wish the Cards had a great mentor to pair with him, but I’m far from confident that would be enough.
This let's a little air out of the balloon

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The kid has the talent and athleticism. That's about all we can ask for or he wouldn't have been there.

Maybe the switch turns on in the NFL.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ravens draft CB Shaun Wade at #160.

Reaction score
at least its not brandon williams....

Wilson has his problems. But with some development he can get on the field. I don't expect him to be a high INTs guy. But if he can learn to get in good position and use his strong arm to rake balls away from WRs. That's good enough for me. They weren't lying when they said he gives up catches despite being right in position. His arms are kinda short. But with him its mostly mental rn.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love it!! Lol hope he is better than Brandon Williams etc......

Cool kiem traded up

Decent draft see how it pans in future

Go big red!!!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the pick at this point. Will he pan out? I don't know. But he at least has the talent to be very good. It is impossible to make a slam dunk, perfect pick in the 4th round.

Personally, I think the shoe thing is a little overblown.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I don't know anything about him but we need a CB so the more the merrier I say lol

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Harry's comments mirror the info on nfl.com.

I just hope we at least get a great ST gunner out of this pick, if he can't be a CB of value.
As far as I know this was a widespread impression. Nobody can figure out this guy. I guess you could argue it’s better than taking a poor athlete but it’s always frustrating to me to see guys wasting this level of talent. As for him being a gunner, measurables say yes, but that’s a highly motivated position and that phrase doesn’t come up on this guy’s evals.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As far as I know this was a widespread impression. Nobody can figure out this guy. I guess you could argue it’s better than taking a poor athlete but it’s always frustrating to me to see guys wasting this level of talent. As for him being a gunner, measurables say yes, but that’s a highly motivated position and that phrase doesn’t come up on this guy’s evals.

Lack of motivation or effort is not something evident in this interview

Very intelligent dude. I was really impressed with him here.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like the idea of this pick (athletic corner with good size), but the actual player seems a bit suspect. When was the last time the Cards drafted someone with motivation problems who actually worked out well? Oh, he also tore his ACL twice and has serious issues tackling.

I hope he turns into something, but I fear he is essentially the Hakeem Butler of CBs.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm calling for a DNA check. This isn't human. ;)
Let's hope he can do that vs Metcalf type wrs later in his carrer if he stays a cards

Keeping my hopes at baseline on this pick

Happy kiem got a big corner atleast

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
feels more athlete / size prospect than football player

i guess at this point in the draft (and especially this draft) its what you are down to

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the idea of this pick (athletic corner with good size), but the actual player seems a bit suspect. When was the last time the Cards drafted someone with motivation problems who actually worked out well? Oh, he also tore his ACL twice and has serious issues tackling.

I hope he turns into something, but I fear he is essentially the Hakeem Butler of CBs.

This "not motivated" idea needs to end here. Anyone that know Gator football will tell you he's incredibly hard working. Does everything right. Works hard in school. Stays late at practice.

Set fire to the idea he is where he is because he doesn't put the work in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose