2021 2nd round pick is Rondale Moore WR

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I can't speak for AI cause I'm from Louisville, KY but I can tell you that this kid is a baller. I watched him play in high school & AI isn't in the same universe as this kid. You'll see.
Oh I’m not comparing the players. They’re very different. Just the concept that someone watching them as high schoolers can make a determination whether they’ll be great pros or not.

I played football with a kid in Arizona for two years who was state player of the year in football and basketball. Got recruited to play football at Nebraska and basketball at Louisville. This is mid 80s when those teams ruled supreme. He was absolutely amazing. Played at ASU. Was drafted and played for two NFL teams for 7 years. I could regale the board with stories of his dominance in high school. But it wouldn’t have been a good indicator of his success at the nfl level.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Is he starting over AJ Green? I don't see it. Smith was a 3rd rounder, Tyreek a 5th.

Moore's also 2/3 inches shorter than them, respectively.

You've addressed outliers yourself, I believe... this would be another major outlier in terms of success.
He likely won’t start, but that won’t mean he’s not our second best receiver if he pans out. Just find it difficult to make a definitive statement like “at best” about a talented kid who hasn’t played a down and whose competition is broke down AJ and never-was Kirk.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rondale Moore look like a fit for our offense, certainly is a tough guy for being just 5'7
Is not afraid to run through people, has quickness and speed and he isn't a body catcher, and he always trying to get extra yards

Listening his press conference and the video of the call I came away unimpressed, don't know if he is shy or a guy of few words, but even his body language was pretty apathetic, listening it was even worse then the Butler call 2 years a go

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, I really don't like this pick.

Anyone thinking he's Tyreek Hill is going to be sorely disappointing. There's nothing in his tape of him taking the top of the D of blowing guys away off the line with him speed.

The things he did in college really don't translate to the NFL. He just won't have anywhere near the same space.

Look at his heat map. In college these areas have a tonne of space. You have defenses playing 3 man D lines and 6 DB's. They don;t face any press coverage. If you play in the slot you have a tonne more space because of the wider hashes. So Moore (and the same goes for Waddle, Elijah Moore, Toney etc) can make the most of these spaces with their better athleticism.

You just don't get that in the NFL. The vast majority of the things he has been doing in college just won't translate at all.

All I see when I watch him is another short, body catching, quick slot guy like Andy Isabella. And like Isabella I just don't see him translating to the NFL. Like Isabella he doesn't have the quick feet, route running and agility to succeed as an NFL slot.

This has Kliff wrote all over it. He's trying to do something that works in college that just doesn't in the NFL unless you have Tyreek Hill and Andy Reid drawing up plays.

The worst thing about this? Terrace Marshall going a little later. This is going to be Isabella and DK Metcalf all over again, just not quite so bad. I expect Moore to be a little better than Bella and I don't expect Marshall to be as good as Metcalf with the crowded WR competition he has.

There are so many better players available to us that fit needs. Ojulari, Freiermuth, Marshall, Ossai, Robinson.

Trading this pick for both Washington's 3rd rounders and taking Dyami Brown and St Juste as they did would have netted us two players better than Moore.

You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Breaking news

Images released of Rondale Moore wearing Cardinals colours

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yay we signed darker skinned, not as athletic, shorter Andy Isabella

Not as athletic?
U can say everything but not this

Vertical jump bench squat show why he is a tough guy that can get yards after contact, Isabella cant do that

Speed is the same, but Isabella football speed is slower

Moore can catch the football enough well, Isabella can't do it without using arms and chest

Isabella struggling with running route show less then adequate football IQ

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not as athletic?
U can say everything but not this

Vertical jump bench squat show why he is a tough guy that can get yards after contact

Speed is the same, but Isabella football speed is slower

Moore can catch the football enough well, Isabella can't do it without using arms and chest

It's literally right there in the NGS athleticism scores.

Isabella 98 - Moore 92

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh I’m not comparing the players. They’re very different. Just the concept that someone watching them as high schoolers can make a determination whether they’ll be great pros or not.

I played football with a kid in Arizona for two years who was state player of the year in football and basketball. Got recruited to play football at Nebraska and basketball at Louisville. This is mid 80s when those teams ruled supreme. He was absolutely amazing. Played at ASU. Was drafted and played for two NFL teams for 7 years. I could regale the board with stories of his dominance in high school. But it wouldn’t have been a good indicator of his success at the nfl level.
Obviously I was talking about seeing him in high school, that's where I started following his career because he's from this area. Selfishly I wanted him to sign with Kentucky & I have season tickets but I knew that wasn't gonna happen. He showed what he can do at the college level & now he's gonna bring that to our Cardinals. The KK offense is perfect for him. 2018 consensus all american his freshman year at Purdue. First freshman in Big 10 history to accomplish that.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How would you know? Isabella looked great in college and Moore hasn't hit an NFL field yet

Isabella looked good for the 99% of his games against poor competitors
Then he has been always a body catcher something cant transfer at nfl level

Last edited:

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
He had a hammy in 2019 so yes legitimately hurt.

I guess what I'm saying is one hamstring in 3 years doesn't make him injury prone.

It's a risk he has HUGE legs so maybe the hammy is related to that but everything I'm seeing suggests he was NOT actually hurt last year he sat out due to Covid
You may be right. I don't know.

I did see a clip of an evaluation of the pick and they said he did have an injury last year. Since he played if he did have an injury it must not have been anything major. I think they mentioned a knee issue.

Take it for what it's worth. Again I do like him and think if he's healthy he could be a player.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You may be right. I don't know.

I did see a clip of an evaluation of the pick and they said he did have an injury last year. Since he played if he did have an injury it must not have been anything major. I think they mentioned a knee issue.

Take it for what it's worth. Again I do like him and think if he's healthy he could be a player.
His college team played just 6 games, for covid related reasons he played just 3, wasn't injured really
He had hamstring issues in 2019

For the people who noted a decreased performances since his freshman year, u are right in some way, but partially, just because he played few games
He kept averaging 90 yards for game

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His college team played just 6 games, for covid related reasons he played just 3, wasn't injured really
He had hamstring issues in 2019

For the people who noted a decreased performances since his freshman year, u are right in some way, but partially, just because he played few games
He kept averaging 90 yards for game

His YPC is so poor for a college player. Especially one people expect to take the top off. Even in his best year it was only 13.3. Last year it was 7.7.

His college average is 10.8. That's trash for college stats.

For comparison.

Jaylen Waddle - 18.9
Elijah Moore - 12.9
Kadarious Toney 13.3
Devonta SMith - 16.9
D'Wayne Eskridge - 18.5
Rashod Bateman - 16.3
Andy Isabella - 15.3

10.8 YPC in college is like 6 YPC in the NFL.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I wasn't following all the WRs in this draft, so I wasn't sure which of them to pick. So, when I went to bed right after the pick (suuuuuper tired), I didn't yet know how to feel. All I wanted, when I came onto the board this morning, was a player that was absolutely not a slot receiver, that filled the gaping need for size and speed at the outside. What I discovered was an effing Keim-time special. He'll never learn. He will never, ever learn.

Our first rounder was a meh pick for me but this is a good one in my opinion... and for all you guys having panic attacks about his size, he can probably out lift 90% of this board and still spot you 200 lbs lol

Great, that's exactly what we need in a WR, not catch radius, more than tiny arms, etc...

He’s short, has short arms, a small catching radius, has the dropsies and not always healthy. This is a quintessential Steve Keim pick.

He’s fast though!!!

Indubitably.

Rod Graves >>>>>>>>> Steve Keim

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

God, how bad is it that it's even a conversation.

Also breaks a lot of tackles, especially by corners and safeties.

College corners and safeties. Mostly, that doesn't transition to the NFL.

Keim passed on Freiermuth for this guy? Absolutely insane.

:barf:

It's bad that a much better player was available when we picked. It's worse, even, for me, that the Stillers are absolutely eating our lunch in this draft. I'll get roasted for it at work. When Samuel was drafted (another Keim special, getting players taken out from under him), Freiermuth was the absolute no-brainer pick.

He’s small but..
Not an Andy Isabella,
After watching his highlights, my take
Doesn’t go down easy
Runs through tackles
Quick acceleration
Shifty, hard to get hands on him
Will challenge Kirk for slot

Great! We drafted a questionable slot receiver, which isn't a position of need. Not like we needed an outside receiver DESPERATELY!!!

I swear if someone calls Moore slow my head will explode

Moore is slow. Did it work? :D j/k

Seems like some people aren’t happy with this pick. I will admit I have no clue to draft picks.

My question is who should the Cardinals have taken instead of Moore?

FREIERMUTH!!!

You don’t draft for need. You sign free agents to fill needs and try to draft the best players. Because the draft is a crap shoot and a lot are busts.

Which Keim is absolutely abysmal at doing. Thank you for pointing out his shortcomings.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His YPC is so poor for a college player. Especially one people expect to take the top off. Even in his best year it was only 13.3. Last year it was 7.7.

His college average is 10.8. That's trash for college stats.

For comparison.

Jaylen Waddle - 18.9
Elijah Moore - 12.9
Kadarious Toney 13.3
Devonta SMith - 16.9
D'Wayne Eskridge - 18.5
Rashod Bateman - 16.3
Andy Isabella - 15.3

10.8 YPC in college is like 6 YPC in the NFL.

Did u watch his highlights
He got ton of screen, jet, end around
Their qb was pretty bad, so couldn't have a chance to play for deep pssses

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did u watch his highlights
He got ton of screen, jet, end around
Their qb was pretty bad, so couldn't have a chance to play for deep pssses

Waddle, Moore and Toney had a similar amount of screens, sweeps etc. All these slot guys do.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I played madden around a month ago and imported the draft class to play with also and went through a season. I went back just now to see what our picks were rated at and I saw something really really freaky :eek:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wasn't following all the WRs in this draft, so I wasn't sure which of them to pick. So, when I went to bed right after the pick (suuuuuper tired), I didn't yet know how to feel. All I wanted, when I came onto the board this morning, was a player that was absolutely not a slot receiver, that filled the gaping need for size and speed at the outside. What I discovered was an effing Keim-time special. He'll never learn. He will never, ever learn.

Great, that's exactly what we need in a WR, not catch radius, more than tiny arms, etc...

Indubitably.

God, how bad is it that it's even a conversation.

College corners and safeties. Mostly, that doesn't transition to the NFL.

:barf:

It's bad that a much better player was available when we picked. It's worse, even, for me, that the Stillers are absolutely eating our lunch in this draft. I'll get roasted for it at work. When Samuel was drafted (another Keim special, getting players taken out from under him), Freiermuth was the absolute no-brainer pick.

Great! We drafted a questionable slot receiver, which isn't a position of need. Not like we needed an outside receiver DESPERATELY!!!

Moore is slow. Did it work? :D j/k

FREIERMUTH!!!

Which Keim is absolutely abysmal at doing. Thank you for pointing out his shortcomings.
Man, I’m not understanding the obsession some of you are having with the Steelers’ draft at all.

Steelers came into the draft with an atrocious OL in front of a declining QB & came out with a RB in the 1st(lol) & a TE who is a rather pedestrian blocker & not the most athletic over OL guys I considered BPA. That is so ass-backwards that I’m surprised Keim didn’t make these selections.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mel Kiper likes the pick:
• I questioned the Cardinals' passing up a slot receiver in Round 1, but they got a fun player on Day 2. Rondale Moore (No. 49) is only 5-foot-7, but he is absolute dynamite with the ball in his hands. Purdue built its entire offense around him, feeding him the ball on all sorts of routes, and he's going to be exciting catching passes from Kyler Murray.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA