2021 2nd round pick is Rondale Moore WR

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He was injured in 2019, but in 2020 his team only played a total of 6 games and he missed 3 due to covid. He also played in all 13 games in 2018. It's hard to call him a major injury risk based on that.
Yes sir & the 13 games he played in 2018 what did he do? Became a 1st team all american. This kid can play.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He looked great in 2018. I can't get all that excited about a gadget player that is short, difficult to see, struggles with injuries, is at best our 3rd WR, and is going to still leave us out of luck in terms of a true #2 outside WR, so we'll be signing or drafting another next year.

We keep drafting guys who split time or are complementary pieces. Where are the true starters?
I don’t think you can say “at best our 3rd WR” until we see him play. Steve smith wasn’t a 3rd WR. Tyreek isn’t a 3rd WR.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don’t think you can say “at best our 3rd WR” until we see him play. Steve smith wasn’t a 3rd WR. Tyreek isn’t a 3rd WR.
Is he starting over AJ Green? I don't see it. Smith was a 3rd rounder, Tyreek a 5th.

Moore's also 2/3 inches shorter than them, respectively.

You've addressed outliers yourself, I believe... this would be another major outlier in terms of success.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He looked great in 2018. I can't get all that excited about a gadget player that is short, difficult to see, struggles with injuries, is at best our 3rd WR, and is going to still leave us out of luck in terms of a true #2 outside WR, so we'll be signing or drafting another next year.

We keep drafting guys who split time or are complementary pieces. Where are the true starters?
I understand your concerns & yes 2018 was a great year for him, so great in fact that he became a 1st team all american. The one thing lots of people on here said about AI after adding Dhop is exactly what Moore can do. Give you an open field/down field threat to single up coverage on him. We'll be drafting another WR in 2022 not because of drafting Moore, but because A.J Green will need to be replaced. If Moore is used right in 2021, Kirk will be expendable. He can be our #2 WR. Then in 2022, we draft our #3 at some point. Keim has made mistakes drafting WR's for sure but the Moore pick isn't one of them imo, you'll see. Yes, Marshall from LSU would've also been a good choice but you also need a few burners that are small & get lost behind the defense because of height. Steve Smith never seemed to have a problem with his height & he will be a HOF.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is he starting over AJ Green? I don't see it. Smith was a 3rd rounder, Tyreek a 5th.

Moore's also 2/3 inches shorter than them, respectively.

You've addressed outliers yourself, I believe... this would be another major outlier in terms of success.

He is starting over Kirk

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What is a strong reason to not trade Kirk now?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Even the strongest guys in the world can overwork. I think this guy will probably be dynamite in flashes, but not a consistent weapon.
All I can say right now is just wait & see bro. This kid can flat out play. There's a reason why he gave DC's in the Big 10 sleepless nights trying to figure out how to defend him. Injuries happen in our violent sport we love, any player on any given play, practice or a game can get hurt & size has nothing to do with it for the most part.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
78% of Moore's catches were within 10 yards of the LOS. I wouldn't count on him becoming the next Tyreek Hill.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he was the player with the greatest upside when we picked him. I watched Purdue in a few games this past year and he constantly stood out. Without him, that offense would have been awful. IMO.

The reaction on this pick and every pick we make in this draft is going to get a strong knee jerk negative reaction from a lot of this board. That is more about Keim than the players. These first two picks were not terrible given the circumstances.

This draft class was disappointing to me. Once you got to around pick 10 quality dropped rapidly and is still dropping compared to last year's draft. JMO.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seems like some people aren’t happy with this pick. I will admit I have no clue to draft picks.

My question is who should the Cardinals have taken instead of Moore?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
All I can say right now is just wait & see bro. This kid can flat out play. There's a reason why he gave DC's in the Big 10 sleepless nights trying to figure out how to defend him. Injuries happen in our violent sport we love, any player on any given play, practice or a game can get hurt & size has nothing to do with it for the most part.
LOL. Many many Kids who look dominant in high school amount to nothing two levels up. Matt Leinart was a super-stud in high school. So was Josh Rosen.

Big 12 doesn’t play defense so whatevs there. 18 games in 3 years!