Draft Day 2 Thread

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, they drafted premiere players and didn't reach for need. I have a feeling they'll make it work.
They drafted the least valuable positions while their awful where it matters the most, the trenches.

They took Pat over Creed & Wyatt. That is awful. I would’ve somewhat liked the Najee pick if they went OL in the 2nd.

FFS dude please get out of 1992.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
In another pre-draft thread you said you’d be happy with MOORE...
Are you talking about the Harris/Moore vs. Smith/Williams thread?

I said I was in on the hypothetical of the duo, and didn't think Williams would be available.

Moore over Friermuth feels like a tremendous mistake. Moore over Marshall feels like a mistake, even.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Espn radio that I’m listening to The wide receiver that the Rams just took weighed in at 148 pounds.... yeeesh

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
They drafted the least valuable positions while their awful where it matters the most, the trenches.

They took Pat over Creed & Wyatt. That is awful. I would’ve somewhat liked the Najee pick if they went OL in the 2nd.

FFS dude please get out of 1992.
The Steelers can make something work with what's available in free agency. The available OL guys are more than enough to make one more year of Roethlisberger work well. Besides, they still have a 3rd round pick, when we won't be adding anything until round 5.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our guys are going to be fine. They're both highly productive players and will shine for us for many years.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Steelers can make something work with what's available in free agency.

And so have we. JJ Watt. AJ Green. Rodney Hudson. Malcolm Butler. James Connor. Matt Prater.

These are the kinds of guys available in free agency and these are all recent stars. Keep them healthy and they'll be outstanding together.

Hopkins on one side, AJ Green on the other, Rondale taking the top off, and Kirk in the middle. I don't want to defend that. Especially with an improved line (oh yeah, we also picked up the best Center in the league)

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I suggest that posters look at the Rondale Moore video in the RM thread. He looks pretty good as a returner, runner and pass catcher. He's short but well built and looks to be a hands catcher. Fans, who aren't looking to make a case to bash SK are going to like this guy. JMO.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And so have we. JJ Watt. AJ Green. Rodney Hudson. Malcolm Butler. James Connor. Matt Prater.

These are the kinds of guys available in free agency and these are all recent stars. Keep them healthy and they'll be outstanding together.

Hopkins on one side, AJ Green on the other, Rondale taking the top off, and Kirk in the middle. I don't want to defend that. Especially with an improved line (oh yeah, we also picked up the best Center in the league)
You're listing Matt Prater as a star or key pickup?

All but one of those guys have one thing in common: they're over 30. Watt & Green have significant age and injury concerns. Malcolm Butler gave up the most receptions and yardage of any CB in the league last year. James Conner was so in demand by his team that just replaced him, and other teams in the league, that he didn't make enough money to count against the compensatory pick formula.

Your scenario sounds great until you question if any of those WRs are going to play a full season, since they haven't in three years.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thinking the same or trade a 2 or 3 for Gilmour?? Most likely stay put and bring in a vet CB after draft

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decent choice. He’s not my favorite weapon because he’s injury prone but he can make plays and put points on the board. Those injuries have taken a little of his skill set, but he should be at least the 4th receiver.
Great "another 4th wr. I was stoked last year for Isabella and you told me he was a mistake. I thought your were crazy but you were right.
So here you are today stating he SHOULD at least be a 4th WR.....with a second round pick.

Keim sucks. I'm sure we will hear we had him rated right behind Chase.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Isn't next year's draft meant to be better than this one?

Yes, which is why I'm asking if it's worth it. In year's past, you'd see teams giving up a future #1, to jump into the top of Round 3...Knowing next year is due to be so much better, I wouldn't give up a 1, but is there someone available tonight that's worth a 2 from next year?

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
With round 3 underway, I'm interested to see how the remaining RBs fall off the board in the two rounds we're not a part of. I'm going to say roughly 10 go before we pick again.

Edit: And interested who goes with our pick to the Raiders or might have still been available. The guys here I'd have probably been enthused about would have been RBs in all likelihood.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn't next year's draft meant to be better than this one?

The picks from next years draft have more value because there will be a full college season with ability to scout all the players and a combine for medicals. Not sure if there is any evidence that the players will be better.

I would trade our 2nd for a 3rd plus more this year because we don't pick again until the 4th rd but I admit that could be a mistake.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With round 3 underway, I'm interested to see how the remaining RBs fall off the board in the two rounds we're not a part of. I'm going to say roughly 10 go before we pick again.
Are you hoping for who I think you are hoping for? If it is he won't be there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson