2021 2nd round pick is Rondale Moore WR

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
49. Cardinals: Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue
Grade: A+

Giddy. Up. If Moore is healthy (big if) he's a clear-cut first-round talent. Andy Isabella hasn't materialized too much with the Cardinals, but Moore is a different animal. Short not small. Insanely explosive with contact balance. Fun piece.
Nice

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Extremely lukewarm on this pick

Seems like the same old pick

SK is stuck in his draft mode and can't see clearly

We have once again hope we get surprised and for the good

I was hoping for something more in the second round.

BPA at any position might have been the way to go even if we complained a lot.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Boo. Seems like most fans hated on our first rounders and I loved the pick. This one though... Ugh.

We needed another good young WR. But with Terrace Marshall still on the board, this pick reminds me of Andy Isabella over DK Metcalf.

He's 5'7". I can't imagine him succeeding at WR at that height.
Ironic since apparently, it was medicals that scared the Cardinals away from Metcalf. I could see KC taking a chance on him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boo. Seems like most fans hated on our first rounders and I loved the pick. This one though... Ugh.

We needed another good young WR. But with Terrace Marshall still on the board, this pick reminds me of Andy Isabella over DK Metcalf.

He's 5'7". I can't imagine him succeeding at WR at that height.

lots of VERY good short WR over the years... He’s not doomed because of it. His strength and vertical are off the charts.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm truly fine with both picks so far. When you come in expecting nothing (keim truly sucks at drafts) you don't get too high or too low.

And Collins looks and talks like an axe murderer. Gotta love that.

i do like that aspect of Collins.

I expect nothing going into the draft. Came out of it expected the same.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We heard similar stuff when we drafted AI last year

IDK...watch the highlights and you will see they play a very different game. Moore is built like a stump, he has great burst, and he is not afraid to go over the middle...oh and by the way he could house it on any play.

Im really excited, and actually think he helps us in the running, passing, and special teams game. Moore is as good running a sweep or outside toss and anyone in the draft. He should also be a major upgrade as a returner.

Now, if Tommy Tremble somehow slips far enough and we can grab him, we will have added 3, tough as nails, physical players.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That’s super impressive.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ojulari went right after him. Gonna regret that one. With the pee wee receiver out of the way, look for Keim to take a local player and some awful o-linemen.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean we should be better in the YAC department with all those swing passes at least.

I just have to see if he can truly get down field and be a threat there. There's a difference Desean Jackson and Percy Harvin's 4.3 speed.

I think Elijah would have been a more down field threat. Too bad he wasnt there.

I have several friends who are Purdue fans that all rave about the kid. The big question is what was the lower body injury this year and nobody seems to really say, but the number of games played is a misunderstanding, the last 2 games were cancelled due to Covid and the first game he was supposed to play in, Wisconsin, also got cancelled by Covid. He skipped the game against Northwestern the next week because he was in Covid protocols due to close contact. He initially opted out then changed his mind. Lots of people suspect Moore actually got Covid and was one of 6 players the coach said would sit out due to Covid rules, they never confirmed which players or if they had Covid or not but Moore missed all those games so most Purdue fans think he had Covid.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Perhaps they should’ve drafted him as the kicker? I’m so annoyed right now and very negative on this pic. I pray that I’m wrong I’ll cheer for him because he’s on the Cardinals but I think this is a very bad, bad move.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm truly fine with both picks so far. When you come in expecting nothing (keim truly sucks at drafts) you don't get too high or too low.

And Collins looks and talks like an axe murderer. Gotta love that.
Cards need a trashtalker heavy hitter ball hawk lb hope bit better than simmons rookie yr maybe his addition will help simmons somehow

Love the moore pick if he pans out better atleast a tad than kirk and andy I'll take it

Gl on picks cards!!

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
i like this pick for the upside

its not without risk: lots of players this size have failed, but..

a combo of desean jackson/darren sproles is the upside comp

so the upside is a dangerous weapon that defenses have to find on every snap
I like him too. The injury history worries me though.

I now live in B10 area and they were all scared of him. But they were often breathing a sigh of relief when he wasn't available on game day.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nothing like Tavon Austin. This kid might not be a star but he can squat like 600 pounds, i don't think Austin can squat 60 pounds. Austin was just too light in the butt he went down too easy and wasn't a very good Wr.

This kid is REALLY strong, he's not perfect he's small and I don't know if he'll ever be more than a slot WR but I expect him to replace Isabella instantly.

He was the kid I sort of figured we'd get here and while I certainly wish we'd gotten Waddle, I can see this guy making us happy.

The main thing I don't like on him is in college he showed no real inclination to return punts, we still need that.
David Boston could squat a lot too.

Is there some proven translation between squatting and receiving...?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like him too. The injury history worries me though.

I now live in B10 area and they were all scared of him. But they were often breathing a sigh of relief when he wasn't available on game day.

Just got an email from a Purdue fan buddy who said I'm telling you he WAS not injured last year he either had Covid or got exposed to someone who did and just chose to sit out the games.

I'm sure the Cards know and there's a reason the day of the draft nobody knows what his lower body injury was, my guess is because there was no injury, it was covid

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Kingsbury cannot figure out how to get this guy 10-12 touches a game with jet sweeps, screen passes, etc....then he is not an offensive genius and we should fire him.

Keim just got him a swiss army knife. Moore is nothing like Isabella....the combo of Steve Smith/Daren Sproles is more correct. Hes tough, he runs people over, he burns people and makes the miss routinely.

We all wanted an impact player, if KK is even 1/2 the coach he thinks he is...then we just got one. Receiving, rushing, and return game...he is really a solid weapon in all areas.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from a Purdue fan buddy who said I'm telling you he WAS not injured last year he either had Covid or got exposed to someone who did and just chose to sit out the games.

I'm sure the Cards know and there's a reason the day of the draft nobody knows what his lower body injury was, my guess is because there was no injury, it was covid

well, that’s good to know at least.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave