*Be Honest* Better Career: Kyler Murray or Trey Lance

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This will really put the “is shanahan really a QB whisperer” debate to the test.

high end talent but raw. With good development he could be great. If he fails there’s fodder that shanahan isn’t the be-all-end-all QB guru.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I like Lance's measurables and his film.

I don't like his lack of starts and lack of quality competition. Murray is an outlier so far in the fact that he has been successful with so few starts in college. I think Lance could be the next good and bad Kaepernick or Trubisky.

Fields is a good college QB, but that Ohio State offense isn't preparing QBs for the NFL.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My niner buddy was laughing at our pick of Collins and my retort was "At least I didn't spend 3 first round picks to take the next Carson Wentz"

Convo done.

If Shanahan gets a Carson Wentz out of Lance, that would already be great. I'm not sold on Lance he shoot up the board while not playing a full year. And accuracy is something you can't teach that easily, espacially if the defense doesn't give you time. But time will tell.

For now KM >>> Lance

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Oh come on man.

Yes, every rookie ever drafted by another team is better than our QB who won offensive rookie of the year. :mulli:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Trey Lance is going to win Rookie of year & be a pro bowler by 2022 while breaking multiple franchise\league records along the way??
Just a reminder. In six of his games he'll face:
1. Aaron Donald and the LA Rams.
2. Seattle, where their defense is usually good enough to have the team near the top of the NFC West.
3. And worst of all, Chandler Jones, JJ Watt, Markus Golden, and Dennis Gardeck. No DB's necessary, because it's hard to throw while on your back.

I'm not saying he won't be a good QB. I am saying he'll be playing in the NFC West.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For now, ABSOLUTELY Murray. Talk to me in 3 years & maybe that changes. Just never know.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA