Welp..not sure Kliff/Keim survive unless Kyler suddenly turns into an MVP

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
as kids of wealth go, Mike is pretty good. Going to law school isn't everything, but its something. Its like being a Fed prosecutor -- there is a minimum level of law school accomplishment you need to get those jobs.

in comparison, I think at least two of the Bidwill kids have done nothing but work for the team -- thats a Cal McNair situation.

Mike is way better than his dad, but thats a low bar. He shares his dad's very strong preference to only give authority to people he knows very, very well. I think that holds the organization back.
Yes because pulling some jackhole off the street that you don't know at all is always the best way to run your business.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Tell that to the AHs he put in jail when he was a prosecutor

Just because he wasn't the one that put John Gotti in jail doesn't mean he wasn't good. Law school is hard. Daddy didn't take his classes for him

I mean, if Michael had been involved in even one high-profile prosecution, don't you think they'd say something? It's impossible to disprove a negative. Please provide evidence that he was a SUCCESSFUL Assistant USDA.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He must've done something right...he's a staunch Republican and was a Fed Prosecutor during the Clinton administration. (Appointed under Bush, but under Clinton for 4 years before coming to work for Cardinals).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I don’t know if he was good or not. But he was a wealthy kid that attended private school back east with wealthy elite and has connections out the wazoo. Kids like that land plumb jobs. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t qualified, but also doesn’t mean he didn’t get his gig on a silver platter.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Every year it's the same group of arm chair GM's with the same comments and rants, it doesn't matter who we draft, the rant are coming, it really is quite hilarious!
And every year you can’t wait to attack them instead of talking football like they are. It’s really quite boring.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean, if Michael had been involved in even one high-profile prosecution, don't you think they'd say something? It's impossible to disprove a negative. Please provide evidence that he was a SUCCESSFUL Assistant USDA.
To be fair, that’s pretty difficult to prove as well.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
To be fair, that’s pretty difficult to prove as well.

Well, it's being asserted without evidence, then.

Even the team doesn't suggest that he was a successful Asst. USDA.

One could go into LexisNexis and see if there are any cases that he was involved with.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, it's being asserted without evidence, then.

Even the team doesn't suggest that he was a successful Asst. USDA.

One could go into LexisNexis and see if there are any cases that he was involved with.
But why? He was a federal prosecutor and now he owns and runs a pro team. I don’t think he needs to brag about anything.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
But why? He was a federal prosecutor and now he owns and runs a pro team. I don’t think he needs to brag about anything.

I agree. That's why it's mystifying that people here feel compelled to gild his resume to make it seem like he's Robert Mueller.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's was an observation, not an attack!
Okay. But it’s about posters, not football, right? You can call it an observation, but has negative connotations. And it’s not what this board is supposed to be about. Address the post not the poster. Right?

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Okay. But it’s about posters, not football, right? You can call it an observation, but has negative connotations. And it’s not what this board is supposed to be about. Address the post not the poster. Right?
The whole thread is negative and you choose me to point out negative connotations in my post.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The whole thread is negative and you choose me to point out negative connotations in my post.
Because those posts are about football and yours are about posters. If you can’t understand the difference I don’t know what to tell you.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Every year it's the same group of arm chair GM's with the same comments and rants, it doesn't matter who we draft, the rant are coming, it really is quite hilarious!

Everything is sunshine and daisies and our GM makes awesome picks every year...that's why we've had such a great run these past five years!!!

Yeah, it'd be fun if our team was like that. It isn't.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Man I just love draft weekend.... it’s all full of excitement and hope for the future.... everything is so promising.

we’re gonna have the best young ilb tandem in all of football for the next 8-10 years

we’re also going to have the best wr tandem in all of football for the next four years.... before we can’t afford to pay them both....

it’s a great time to be a Cardinals fan
Our window is now

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Everything is sunshine and daisies and our GM makes awesome picks every year...that's why we've had such a great run these past five years!!!

Yeah, it'd be fun if our team was like that. It isn't.
I guess some people would just be cheering and happy if they had a guy come and kick them in the balls for at least 8 of 16 weeks (usually more) over a five year period. They see no reason to criticize or question the guy kicking them in the nuts.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man I just love draft weekend.... it’s all full of excitement and hope for the future.... everything is so promising.

we’re gonna have the best young ilb tandem in all of football for the next 8-10 years

we’re also going to have the best wr tandem in all of football for the next four years.... before we can’t afford to pay them both....

it’s a great time to be a Cardinals fan
Our window is now
Love the thoughts. If we even just get the best ILB tandem we will be MUCH improved defensively.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Love the thoughts. If we even just get the best ILB tandem we will be MUCH improved defensively.
The post was mostly sarcasm... but not all

if luck strikes it could work out that way...
The possibilities for the ilb tandem are through the roof... a cover guy and a thumper who can both blitz and play sideline to sideline is a wet dream

Moore is built like Barry sanders.... it would be amazing if he actually blossomed in this offense... and stayed healthy

but this is the Cardinals

seems like as soon as keim drafts a guy I start looking for the warts I must have missed

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This site should really be renamed Arizona Sports Victims Network. The last decade of Cards, DBacks, Coyotes, Suns has been mostly torturous... at least the Suns seem to have pulled themselves out of the abyss this year...

Last edited:

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
I don’t know if he was good or not. But he was a wealthy kid that attended private school back east with wealthy elite and has connections out the wazoo. Kids like that land plumb jobs. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t qualified, but also doesn’t mean he didn’t get his gig on a silver platter.

Ouchie not arguing with your points. Just offering my opinion.

I don't know how being a Federal Prosecutor is a plumb job. Most of the good ones will leave and go into private practice, make more money and get to pick and choose the cased they want to take. Federal Prosecutors don't get to pick and choose. I brought cased to the FED AUSA's for 30 years. I watched them come and go.

Mike did bust his ass and is responsible for getting the stadium built. That was a huge turning point for the Cardinals. Once that was done Mike moved into a role with the Cardinals leaving the AUSA Office. No idea what kind of cases he did or didn't prosecute. I was down south in Tucson.

Mike is also an accomplished Pilot and I think he flies a Cessna Citation 10 as the PIC. I flew in Citation 3s for years. Cessna Citations are a two pilot jet. Not sure who flies co pilot.

You are right. All this talk about Mike is just getting off the subject about football.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ouchie not arguing with your points. Just offering my opinion.

I don't know how being a Federal Prosecutor is a plumb job. Most of the good ones will leave and go into private practice, make more money and get to pick and choose the cased they want to take. Federal Prosecutors don't get to pick and choose. I brought cased to the FED AUSA's for 30 years. I watched them come and go.

Mike did bust his ass and is responsible for getting the stadium built. That was a huge turning point for the Cardinals. Once that was done Mike moved into a role with the Cardinals leaving the AUSA Office. No idea what kind of cases he did or didn't prosecute. I was down south in Tucson.

Mike is also an accomplished Pilot and I think he flies a Cessna Citation 10 as the PIC. I flew in Citation 3s for years. Cessna Citations are a two pilot jet. Not sure who flies co pilot.

You are right. All this talk about Mike is just getting off the subject about football.
Federal prosecutor positions are plumb jobs bc (a) they get trial experience early - the reason you see them leave is bc the fed prosecutor position makes them extremely sought after by the large firms who pay top dollar; and (b) gives them political connections - these are usually politically ambitious men and women and this is where many begin their decades long march to power if they didn’t take the route to money in (a).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose