2021 1st round pick is Zaven Collins

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
This is actually why I am so furious with this pick. It's the opposite Sunk Cost. As @cheesebeef has pointed out repeatedly we EASILY could have kept Reddick with our cap space.

It's Wasted Cost.
No he is inside it’s not a huge need but it’s best player available good pick. All positions are important

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He was a legit 1st round pick in a draft where quite a few 1st round picks were not. After watching the Niners & Rams run through us like paper, this was most definitely a solid pick at a position of need.

Really surprising to see you backing up the front office. Again.

Expect you only play 1 ILB in base defense so does he take snaps from Simmons Golden, or Jones?

Obviously in the base D we have 2 ILBs

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our base is a 3-4, but it’s really a multi front. So no our base doesn’t play a mlb. There are weak and strong side inside backers.

Who doesn't play in base? Jones, Golden, or Simmons? We aren't playing 4 DBs or 1 lineman in base.

Again if he plays some established starter doesn't. Which means he doesn't play

Literally just like last year

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
:barf:

Fire Steve Keim

If Bidwill is stupid enough to keep him this long, what makes us think anything will change.

I love this pick..very similar to brian urlacher

:biglaugh:

Yes, the oversized linebacker that weighs WAY too much and with speed concerns measures up exactly to the oversized safety with wicked speed that projected to be a new-fangled smaller ILBer. Very similar.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:barf:

If Bidwill is stupid enough to keep him this long, what makes us think anything will change.

Yes, the oversized linebacker that weighs WAY too much and with speed concerns measures up exactly to the oversized safety with wicked speed that projected to be a new-fangled smaller ILBer. Very similar.

Sorry man I preferred another position in round 1 as well but Collins is pretty fast for big guy and more
Watch his highlights, the 95 yards interception return the qb chasing him looks like Rich Eisen compare to him

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Would have rather the Cardinals select a player to fill a weakness or a need instead of one in which there are a plethora of accomplished performers. Maybe a corner or tight end or running back would have made more sense. But, as someone said somewhere: Defense wins championships.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
watched his highlights and really like the way he tackles, a lot like Simmons, you can really see the weight come through and opposing players being knocked back each time.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
watched his highlights and really like the way he tackles, a lot like Simmons, you can really see the weight come through and opposing players being knocked back each time.

Yes but instead of Simmons he has ILB insticts so he sees the plays much faster

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes but instead of Simmons he has ILB insticts so he sees the plays much faster

With his IQ etc he will be the field general. I was initially really bummed out by this, not by the player, but thinking we could have got him much later. On reflection though I doubt we could have

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is big enough to be able to shed OL and make tackles

Let's see if he can make the right reads

I'm lukewarm about this pick

Staff online

Forum statistics