2021 1st round pick is Zaven Collins

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
an overlooked soft spot in the D last year:

Jordan Hicks wasnt very good. 54th rated LB by PFF with a 50 grade, 40 vs the run

the Rams, Seahawks and 49ers all run first.

the 49ers ran 30 times for 227 yards in week 16 with the playoffs on the line.

this was a need.
Fair enough, but if Collins doesn’t supplant him as a starter by mid season and play much better I’ll be sorely disappointed.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I forgot today was the draft... got to work and a guy asked me who we picked....
After kicking myself in the ass for forgetting the draft .... I responded...

probably zaven Collins....

and lo and behold

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
C grade had somw ok highlights

Would have performed newsome but oh well

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man his first interview was rough the worst I’ve ever seen, yikes. If trashed just reschedule right?

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I chatted with a HS friend moments ago who’s son is a coach at TU & she told me he’s a great kid & anyone who doubts his abilities obviously said they haven’t watched him play. She said he’s a stud & the Cards have a game wrecker at LB :mrgreen:Former Devils HC texted me basically the same thing with his Tulsa connections since we went to school together
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've made my case for not liking him at 16 or over a couple if other players...but I do like the kid and think he has potential to be a good ILB...I'm not sure about an OLB.. but whatever.

The kid has skills and plays hard. If he had been our 2nd round pick, I would have been thrilled....so I'm done complaining and I hope he is a 10 year stud MLB for us!

I'm hoping our 2nd round pick fills a bigger need or a more difficult position to fill in F A. That will make everything better!

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
pretty meh about this but there wasn’t anyone there that I would have preferred after AVT was taken.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've made my case for not liking him at 16 or over a couple if other players...but I do like the kid and think he has potential to be a good ILB...I'm not sure about an OLB.. but whatever.

The kid has skills and plays hard. If he had been our 2nd round pick, I would have been thrilled....so I'm done complaining and I hope he is a 10 year stud MLB for us!

I'm hoping our 2nd round pick fills a bigger need or a more difficult position to fill in F A. That will make everything better!
He was a legit 1st round pick in a draft where quite a few 1st round picks were not. After watching the Niners & Rams run through us like paper, this was most definitely a solid pick at a position of need.