2021 1st round pick is Zaven Collins

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If that is true, its grounds to fire Keim and his entire scouting department on the spot.

He is so full of crap, I can barely stand it at this point.

If they legit had Zaven Collins....a small school LB without big time production....who wasn't even a first round prospect until 2 weeks ago....ranked THIRD out of Chase, Smith, Waddle, Sewell, Pitts, Horn, Surtain, Parson, Slater, and AVT.....then they are just plain not good at their jobs.

I would happily eat crow if we are looking back in 4 years and Collins is the 3rd best player out of that group. More likely we are talking about how we aren't picking up his 5th year option.
I think he was joking.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Did he really say this?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don't forget it's a 17 game season now. The rookie definitely going to end up having to contribute with increase of snaps especially with our older line up

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is actually why I am so furious with this pick. It's the opposite Sunk Cost. As @cheesebeef has pointed out repeatedly we EASILY could have kept Reddick with our cap space.

It's Wasted Cost.
Different position. Reddick was officially an undersized edge and Collins is an oversized Mike.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The kid is going to have a lot to learn if he’s going to wear the earpiece on defense and direct JJ, CJ and others on their assignments.

This isn’t a Reddick transition. Do you guys remember everything Vance said about why Hicks was so important when we signed him? If he’s getting any time early....... it’s going to be in special packages, because he’s going to have to be a defensive savant to learn all the nuances of this defense in one summer.

I really hope this is Wagner and Wright. Willis and Bowman. Etc.

what we have here is three down size, athleticism, and coverage skills along with the ability to stay in base more often. Let’s see how it all plays out.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
an overlooked soft spot in the D last year:

Jordan Hicks wasnt very good. 54th rated LB by PFF with a 50 grade, 40 vs the run

the Rams, Seahawks and 49ers all run first.

the 49ers ran 30 times for 227 yards in week 16 with the playoffs on the line.

this was a need.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson