2021 1st round pick is Zaven Collins

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus I said it last year with Simmons and this year too, if he doesn't pan out at LB he'll be a hell of a TE (-:

I'm willing to wait and see he does look the part on tape but again I have never seen Tulsa play.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The Athletic:
https://theathletic.com/2544914/202...s-lightly-recruited-breakout-star-linebacker/

After selecting Collins with the 16th pick in the 20201 NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals are getting one of the most athletically gifted players on the board. At 6-foot-3, 259 pounds, Collins plays with the size of a defensive end in some systems, though at times he can play like a safety. He projects as a linebacker, but don’t be surprised if he fits an edge-rusher role. He can get to the quarterback or to a spot on the field quickly, and he has the body control to make every play. That comes from a background playing every sport imaginable.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only concern with this pick is how long it takes for him to come up to speed in the NFL. I could see Reddick 2.0 where it takes a few years for the lightbulb to come on.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
My only concern with this pick is how long it takes for him to come up to speed in the NFL. I could see Reddick 2.0 where it takes a few years for the lightbulb to come on.
I actually think it’s the opposite. Reddick needed to develop the instincts to play ILB and never did. Collins is an instinctive player, but he probably will eat himself out of the NFL is he’s really 270.

if Keim is going to jam him on the outside he’ll wash out before he has a chance to.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually think it’s the opposite. Reddick needed to develop the instincts to play ILB and never did. Collins is an instinctive player, but he probably will eat himself out of the NFL is he’s really 270.

if Keim is going to jam him on the outside he’ll wash out before he has a chance to.

My hope is he lost weight to improve his 40 time at pro day and then just gained it back. That happens quite a bit. But yeah 270 and 11 pounds since pro day is pretty intriguing.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He looks like a (much) less-intense Morpheus.

“Hi ya, Neo! We have red pills AND blue pills. My Mom made them. Have you met my sister?”

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave