OT: Rodgers wants out of Green Bay?

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He gone. Rodgers must be pissed that this got leaked from within org. It's already like team is trying to make him look bad using media. Already got people getting mad that he is upstaging the kids on draft day

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Actually, I think he has a ton of leverage, because of the amount of money he's made and the stage of his career. "Trade me or I retire." If he retires, the team gets nothing; if they trade him, they get a franchise-changing haul a year after drafting their QBOF.

It's all a staring contest now.

It all depends on how much they truly believe in The QB they drafted last year (Love). They did trade up to get him. If they truly believe he is a QBOTF, then if they could get a kings ransom they might be tempted to do it. It would be job suicide if it didn't work out in short order.
Hypothetically, what if they could get #3, Bosa&Jimmy G and some other picks/pieces. Jimmy G could possibly keep them competitive until Love is ready. @ #3 they could take Pitts/Chase/Sewell.

Last edited:

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rodgers is gonna get traded. Despite Aaron's opinion, the Packers do have a plan in place for when he is no longer their QB. They drafted Love...they put together a good defense. Addams and Jones can help a young QB.

Even if they trade Rodgers, I still have them winning the NFC North.

Like I said in another post, I would call the 49ers bluff. Ask for their best players, not just picks.

Oh and BTW...I would take Chase at #3 if I were the Packers. Addams, Chase, and Jones are a pretty darn good cushion for Love to fall on in his first year starting.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bidwill hearing about Rodgers interest in 9ers from Keim:

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would without hesitation trade Murray for Rogers.

Would you really?

3 or 4 years of Rodgers instead of 15 of Kyler?

I don't think I would. Kylers upside is higher than Rodgers at this point IMO.

Even with Rodgers this team would not be a contender IMO - basically it would be a copy of the Packers in my estimation.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would without hesitation trade Murray for Rogers.
Oh Boy. You be strong now. Here come the Murray supporters looking for you though Murray is yet to have a winning season to argue against this proposal.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Would you really?

3 or 4 years of Rodgers instead of 15 of Kyler?

I don't think I would. Kylers upside is higher than Rodgers at this point IMO.

Even with Rodgers this team would not be a contender IMO - basically it would be a copy of the Packers in my estimation.
Yes. I don’t foresee Kyler having anywhere near a 15 year career.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A shot term Super Bowl solution...

How. You cannot seriously think we would be better than Tampa with Rogers.

They have 6 or 7 great skill position players - we have 1. Their D is also superior.

No way this team would win the super bowl, not to mention to fit it under the cap we would also have to trade a few of our good players to get it done making us that much worse.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They have 6 or 7 great skill position players - we have 1. Their D is also superior.

No way this team would win the super bowl, not to mention to fit it under the cap we would also have to trade a few of our good players to get it done making us that much worse.
Hey! We got JJ Watts and AJ Green!

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

If this is your jazz for Rodgers, does Murray even deserve the big contract extension that will be due as soon as season ends? At best Murray will have one winning season and going to cost 40 million a year. So what to do with Murray then?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The people saying Rodgers has no leverage, he's coming off the best year of his career. he can retire. He doesn't need the money.

They need him much more than he needs them.

I have no idea if this is about money or not I suspect he's still mad about last draft, he had a monster year and is probably thinking if you had taken Tee Higgins or Chase Claypool instead of Jordan Love we might have been in the Super Bowl last year. If you draft more defensive help etc.

They lost by 5 points to the Bucs last year and Love sat on the bench the whole year. I think Rodgers sees the end in sight for his career and wants more titles and seeing what Brady got in TB, anything he wanted, he's probably jealous

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The people saying Rodgers has no leverage, he's coming off the best year of his career. he can retire. He doesn't need the money.

They need him much more than he needs them.

I have no idea if this is about money or not I suspect he's still mad about last draft, he had a monster year and is probably thinking if you had taken Tee Higgins or Chase Claypool instead of Jordan Love we might have been in the Super Bowl last year. If you draft more defensive help etc.

They lost by 5 points to the Bucs last year and Love sat on the bench the whole year. I think Rodgers sees the end in sight for his career and wants more titles and seeing what Brady got in TB, anything he wanted, he's probably jealous

I agree, he can absolutely force a trade - and will.

If Green Bay is smart they trade him today, because the situation is not going to get better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA