Call your shot, who are we drafting...

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
For the first time in years I haven't bought a draft magazine, paid attention to any mocks (outside of what is posted here) or watched a single minute of pre-draft hype shows. I honestly have no idea who we will pick and frankly won't get all up in arms with the selection...I just hope whoever it is can contribute immediately and is a solid pro for years.

My strong opinion regarding the draft is that this team doesn't need projects, they need immediate impact from the first 2 rounds.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
It could be between Collins and A-V-T barring a trade down, that's assuming one of the cornerbacks doesn't fall to us. I'd prefer a trade down with that choice.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think is Keim will try to move up in the draft for a player he wants even if it costs a future first round pick.

Figuring out who he wants is a tough call. It could be someone like Jaycee Horn or DeVonta Smith.

You really think Jaycee Horn or Devonta Smith are worthy of 2 first rounders?

I sure don't. I don't think you will either next year when we have no first rounder.

I would never trade future firsts unless it's for a QB, or a generational type player - Maybe Pitts qualifies - but I'm not even sure about that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You really think Jaycee Horn or Devonta Smith are worthy of 2 first rounders?

I sure don't. I don't think you will either next year when we have no first rounder.

I would never trade future firsts unless it's for a QB, or a generational type player - Maybe Pitts qualifies - but I'm not even sure about that.

The Cardinals would have to swap first round picks in this draft or receive other compensation in return. It wouldn't be strictly trading two first round picks for Horn or Smith.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Final 5 for pick 16:
1. AVT
2. Collins
3. Harris
4. Darrisaw
5. Newsome

This of course is assuming none of the top 2 OL, 2 CBs, or 3 WRs fall.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't believe Devonta Smith and Terrance Marshall with our top 2 picks would be terrible. Even if Kirk flourished in his slot role and we kept him, our 4 WR depth would be strong.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Also, Nico Collins is an almost exact athletic profile match to AJ Green. Not implying he is as good, but could offer some similar skills in that role.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sunk costs are sunk costs. Talent is talent. The two shouldn’t be confused or combined for analysis (unless it’s the analysis used to fire keim).

I also want to point out that this was what people were saying when Detroit drafted Megatron. You have spent multiple high picks on WRs already why do it again?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lions:

2003 Charles Rogers Pick #2
2004 Roy Williams Pick #7
2005 Mike Williams Pick #10
2007 Megatron Pick #2

Prior mistakes should not stop you from taking elite talent.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Lions:

2003 Charles Rogers Pick #2
2004 Roy Williams Pick #7
2005 Mike Williams Pick #10
2007 Megatron Pick #2

Prior mistakes should not stop you from taking elite talent.
lol and where did that get them? Matt Millen got fired a year later, after going 0-16. I'll pass on replicating that.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We trade up to 9 with Broncos giving up our 1st this year and 2nd & 3rd next year and select Waddle

Then in the 2nd we get one of the top 3 RBs

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We trade up to 9 with Broncos giving up our 1st this year and 2nd & 3rd next year and select Waddle

Then in the 2nd we get one of the top 3 RBs

If we draft 2 offensive skill players with our only 2 good picks I'm done. We already have the 6th ranked offense while our defense was average and we only have 2 starting calibre outside corners (if you stretch the definition) and one of them hasn't played in 2 years.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we draft 2 offensive skill players with our only 2 good picks I'm done. We already have the 6th ranked offense while our defense was average and we only have 2 starting calibre outside corners (if you stretch the definition) and one of them hasn't played in 2 years.

we then go out and sign Heyward. What’s wrong with drafting 2 quality players to support Murray?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
we then go out and sign Heyward. What’s wrong with drafting 2 quality players to support Murray?
I'd bet good money one of the top 3 RBs won't be available in the 2nd, but our desperate need at CB makes it a bitter pill to swallow drafting guys who are going to be role players, which a WR would be.

The CB market outside of Nelson is bare.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im hoping honestly a corner or lber need a true Peterson replacement for future...

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol and where did that get them? Matt Millen got fired a year later, after going 0-16. I'll pass on replicating that.
That’s where we are headed. Constantly missing on 95% of your draft picks leads a team into oblivion. Free agency cannot make up for such failure. And if ALL our free agent and our first two picks don’t pan out it’s going to be a long season.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im hoping honestly a corner or lber need a true Peterson replacement for future...
The problem is not one of the cb’s this year can be considered as sure a bet as PP21 when we drafted him. Not to say any selection is a sure thing but there are chinks in the armor of the top 3 cb’s. So do you take a guy like Smith, Waddle or Harris that SEEM to be a much safer selection or take a chance on one of the corners.

Jeff Okudah was advertised as a sure bet and struggled mightily last year. Maybe he’ll be better this year. But can this team, who we are being told is all in, afford to take a cb with flaws. Everyone says we need a #1 cb. Can we really plug in one of these rookies and label him our #1 cb.

This draft is all about now, today. Not saying that’s the way to run a franchise but that’s the boat we are in.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Its not freaking Pokemon. We don't need to collect them all.

There's MORE than enough talent on this offense outside of TE.

Seems there are some that won't be happy until we have four WR1's and a CMC clone at RB.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is not one of the cb’s this year can be considered as sure a bet as PP21 when we drafted him. Not to say any selection is a sure thing but there are chinks in the armor of the top 3 cb’s. So do you take a guy like Smith, Waddle or Harris that SEEM to be a much safer selection or take a chance on one of the corners.

Jeff Okudah was advertised as a sure bet and struggled mightily last year. Maybe he’ll be better this year. But can this team, who we are being told is all in, afford to take a cb with flaws. Everyone says we need a #1 cb. Can we really plug in one of these rookies and label him our #1 cb.

This draft is all about now, today. Not saying that’s the way to run a franchise but that’s the boat we are in.
Yea i honestly was expecting okudah to do well as a rookie for lions but corner is a very hard position.... If cards take corner hope he performs bit better

Getting nervous on draft lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Terrance Marshall Jr. dropping to round 2 for medicals is the info. Cardinals at 49 would seem ideal regardless of what we do round 1.
As much as I’d salivate over him dropping to us in rd2, if medicals are causing him to drop, wth are they?!?