Who Do You Love

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
COP OUT.

whom do you love?

I love Waddle or Devonta Smith. Don’t know enough about everyone else but if it’s not one of those guys, AVT. It wouldn’t be sexy, but if opens up big holes and creates a great pocket, it could be the best thing a young QB needs.

I’m not enamored of Newsome and Fairley’s medical obviously scares the crap out of me. If we can go CB in the 2nd and hopefully add another vet after the draft, I’ll be fine with that.

I've gotten too old and busy to have time for this stuff. I was surprised considering all the noise about AVT and Zaven Collins to find them both WAY down on the Ringers' big board. Way down on ESPN's best available list. Seems like a lot of people are settling for trash (understanding that a lot of these QB prospects that are lower down the board are likely to go very early).

I think you take a chance on greatness with DeVonta Smith. A.J. Green is washed, and I never thought much of Christian Kirk.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would depend, because I think there is a legit chance he goes #15 to the Pats.

If one of the top Cb's were there at #16, I would have to lean that way because its a bigtime need and an expensive position to try and fill in FA.

If our choices at 16 are Moore, Toney, AVT, Jalen Phillips.....those types...I would try to trade down or just take Moore.

That guy is ELECTRIC with the ball in his hands. Everyone is comparing Waddle to Tyreke Hill...but I see it more with Rondale Moore. He is also a class act and team leader.

Moore is definitely more like Hill because he's so physically strong. They said he squats 600 something crazy like that.

he's short and apparently has short arms but supposedly ran a 4.29 40 at pro day and jumped 42.5". Waddle IMO is better with the ball in the air and an elite return man. Moore's college stats say he's not an NFL punt returner and probably not an NFL kick returner but he can play slot WR and you can move him around in the backfield etc.

2nd round absolutely, first round I think he's a bit too small. Lots of scouts have said he's a nice fit for us because of our style of offense.

I fully expect Waddle to be gone when we pick but I do prefer him just because he's bigger, better in the air and such a good return guy

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not going to lie but I won't be disappointed with Najee even though the value kind of sucks.

Najee reminds me so much of Steven Jackson and if his career mirrored Jackson, the Cardinals wouldn't be disappointed. I think with Murray being smaller, it would be nice to have a big, hulking back lined up in the backfield.

Conner has good size and Chase would be a good third down back. RB would become a pretty good strength for the Cardinals.
Yeah if he’s Stephen Jackson redux this motor will purr. I think it’s not an optimal pick but I would get onboard.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think there’s a lot of eye of the beholder differentiation in that range. Also bc we could use a wr, ol, cb, rb, dt, edge, lb, or te it gives us a lot of flexibility.

Yeah I agree.

I'm not even freaking about CB anymore. I think there is a better than even chance the Cardinals can find a decent vet after the draft.

The Cardinals don't have a gaping hole on the roster that HAS TO BE filled. I'm not saying the Cardinals are super talented, but I think they can get by at most position groups right now.

No if the current CB group is the group they have going into the season, I'm going to be pretty annoyed by it.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Harris or I would consider a big splash move and trade up for Pitts. This is a superstar league and Harris and Pitts could be superstars. You can fill needs trading. If the Cards want a CB. Trade for Gilmore

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My Guys:

Horn, Waddle, D Smith, J Phillips

Dickerson, A Samuel, R Moore, Z Collins

M Carter, C McGrone, I Smith Marsette, K Herbert, P Turner, A Watkins, Ellerson Smith, J Darden

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So, as in more recent years, I've paid less and less attention to researching all the draft prospects. I used to do full-scale mocks and enter contests and whatnot, but I no longer have the time or inclination to research not just so many prospects, but all the other teams' individual needs. Now, I figure out what we're lacking, what top prospects might be available when and where we pick, and figure out what I'd like the team to do, and what I'd like them NOT to do.

Today I'm focusing on who I want us to take, a prospect that may just be available at #16. That prospect is Horn. Now, he may not fall to us, but with an early run on QBs and other teams filling other holes, it's definitely possible. I'd say Surtain, but I don't think there's much of a chance of him falling to #16. So, let's go with Horn.

If he's the pick at #16, then that's the CB spot addressed. Time to turn to offensive weapons. I'm going to be a homer and go with TE Pat Freiermuth, because it fills a wide-open need, and, well, We Are Penn State :)

So, board, make like George Thorogood and tell me, who do YOU love?
Well I was gonna say George Thorogood but you stole my thunder damnit lol :band:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
we don't have the draft capital to move up & get him unless we sacrifice next year's picks? Too much to give up considering our aging players in a win now mode after 2021. I love Waddle don't get me wrong but WR has been a deep position in the draft recently & I fully expect that to continue. When you consider now the NFL is a passing league. We need a #1 CB in the worst way.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Answer: Rhamondre Stevenson - 6'0" - 246 (Oklahoma) in the 5th. round.
I have more than an inkling he goes before we pick. No guarantees, but...

Anyways, who do I love that's semi-realistic?

Surtain
Horn
Harris
AVT

I want to caveat that I'd say "well that's gonna be pretty freaking exciting" if we get Smith somehow, I just don't know if WR is the best short or long term move.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have more than an inkling he goes before we pick. No guarantees, but...

Anyways, who do I love that's semi-realistic?

Surtain
Horn
Harris
AVT

I want to caveat that I'd say "well that's gonna be pretty freaking exciting" if we get Smith somehow, I just don't know if WR is the best short or long term move.

Of course, you would.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Like what?

You know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy.
It doesn't let me private message you on here and I'm uncomfortable posting my exact connection on a public message board. But trust me when I say it's way more than a degree of knowing a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't let me private message you on here and I'm uncomfortable posting my exact connection on a public message board. But trust me when I say it's way more than a degree of knowing a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy.
You can pm me!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You can pm me!
PM me. Then I’ll post it as a “random rumor.”