Suns @ Knicks Monday game thread 4-26-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They expended a crap load of energy just getting even. This team is obviously still learning how to win.

Booker played so hard to get the Suns back in the game I was concerned he might run out of gas.

Thankfully Chris Paul stepped up big time along with Bridges and Cam Johnson hit some timely threes.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
no way 9 out of 10.

maybe 6 out of 10.

Suns have a shot. Remember George has a tendency to fold like a tortilla in the playoffs.
I’ll go 8 out of 10. George loves to play the Suns. And as I stated above, the Suns are WAY too inconsistent from behind the arc.
It would be a monumental accomplishment for this team to win a round one series. Let’s not forget how historically dreadful this team has been over the past decade. You just don’t go from being historically bad to a team making a post season run in just one year. They’ll have to experiences the playoffs... and lose, before they can come back tougher and mentally stronger...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’ll go 8 out of 10. George loves to play the Suns. And as I stated above, the Suns are WAY too inconsistent from behind the arc.
It would be a monumental accomplishment for this team to win a round one series. Let’s not forget how historically dreadful this team has been over the past decade. You just don’t go from being historically bad to a team making a post season run in just one year. They’ll have to experiences the playoffs... and lose, before they can come back tougher and mentally stronger...
I know people are trying to manage their expectations and it’s tough to put the past decade behind us, but I think this is a silly comment about a team that is a game back of the best record in the league.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In some other games, the Lakers, Spurs and Nuggets won but the Mavericks lost.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never thought the Jazz would lose two games in a row to the Timberwolves this season.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul scores the last 7 points in win.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker tells Monty we wanted this win bad.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Or you could just be wrong and we win it all.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul showing his magic.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am all for doing whatever it takes to avoid the Spurs in the first round.

I know everyone keeps saying this but not me, not by a long shot. Like every Suns fan, I know the history but even still, I'd much rather face the Spurs than Utah, LAC, Denver, LAL, Memphis, Dallas and maybe the Warriors. Portland would be our best draw but the Spurs aren't far behind IMO.

We've played well against the Mavs but Doncic's sure to bring his own referees to the playoffs. And we've gone 2-1 against Memphis this season but they were missing key players both times.

My order of opponent preference from the current top 10 would be Portland, San Antonio, Memphis, Golden State, Dallas, Denver (assuming we have HCA), Utah, LAL and LAC.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know everyone keeps saying this but not me, not by a long shot. Like every Suns fan, I know the history but even still, I'd much rather face the Spurs than Utah, LAC, Denver, LAL, Memphis, Dallas and maybe the Warriors. Portland would be our best draw but the Spurs aren't far behind IMO.

We've played well against the Mavs but Doncic's sure to bring his own referees to the playoffs. And we've gone 2-1 against Memphis this season but they were missing key players both times.

My order of opponent preference from the current top 10 would be Portland, San Antonio, Memphis, Golden State, Dallas, Denver (assuming we have HCA), Utah, LAL and LAC.

This would be a good topic for a poll

Dr dumas

Veteran
Reaction score

I’ll take Dallas before Golden State. The way Steph has been going off scares me more than Doncic .

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll take Dallas before Golden State. The way Steph has been going off scares me more than Doncic .

I like our chances of beating either team but neither would be anywhere near a lock. And you're right, Curry is a very dangerous opponent but if KP is healthy, I'd rate Dallas as the slightly tougher foe.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
I know people are trying to manage their expectations and it’s tough to put the past decade behind us, but I think this is a silly comment about a team that is a game back of the best record in the league.

I feel their record is a bit inflated because of opposing team injuries and our good fortune.

I know you can't say for sure that their record would be worse, and I know injuries are part of it but I don't remember the suns being so healthy and facing so many teams without key players.

The suns are a great team but I don't think they are the second best team in the league, maybe 5-7th.???

Of course, if our playoff rivals are missing key players all bets are off.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Same. As much as everyone makes fun of Draymond, he can show up in the playoffs and make a difference. Dallas does not have that second guy.