Call your shot, who are we drafting...

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I really hate continuing to dump money and assets into "weapons for Kyler" like our 1st overall pick hand-chosen by our offensive genius coach can't make it work without just a top 5 WR, high priced WR signing, and a litany of draft picks at the position. And I don't mean it as a knock on Kyler again, but there's going to be points in his career where he's going to need to make guys better.

That said, I'd like to get him an RB so he doesn't have to do everything too.
Yeah....
RB or AVT @ RG

both will improve the ground game

AVT has the added benefit of improving the passing game as well

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really hate continuing to dump money and assets into "weapons for Kyler" like our 1st overall pick hand-chosen by our offensive genius coach can't make it work without just a top 5 WR, high priced WR signing, and a litany of draft picks at the position. And I don't mean it as a knock on Kyler again, but there's going to be points in his career where he's going to need to make guys better.

This.

I'm tired of hearing about "weapons for Kyler". The guy has probably 2 HoF WR's, one of them in his prime, and one of the best WR3's in the league. Plus two accomplished receiving running backs.

If he can't make that work he isn't who people think he is.

More concerning to me is Kliff seems to always think he needs more weapons. Which suggests to me he's hoping star receivers can cover the cracks in his crappy scheme. Any HC/OC worth a damn could get all they need out of what we have.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah....
RB or AVT @ RG

both will improve the ground game

AVT has the added benefit of improving the passing game as well

I'm not a huge AVT fan, I prefer Wyatt Davis in the 2nd. But I'd much prefer him to a RB at #16.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This.

I'm tired of hearing about "weapons for Kyler"

More concerning to me is Kliff seems to always think he needs more weapons. Which suggests to me he's hoping star receivers can cover the cracks in his crappy scheme. Any HC/OC worth a damn could get all they need out of what we have.

After the Isabella fiasco KK shouldn't have a say

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

but we haven’t continually “dumped money” into weapons. Kyler has only played 2 years and Hopkins is really only the big move we’ve made on offense.

we need speed on offense we don’t have anyone that can take the top off. We need a RB a legit number 1 we need a TE.

Talent matters in the NFL.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This.

I'm tired of hearing about "weapons for Kyler". The guy has probably 2 HoF WR's, one of them in his prime, and one of the best WR3's in the league. Plus two accomplished receiving running backs.

didn’t we finish with a top ten offense?

matter fact a lot of people me included would say this offense over achieved.

we can’t continue to depend on Kyler playing out of his mind to win

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
didn’t we finish with a top ten offense?

matter fact a lot of people me included would say this offense over achieved.

we can’t continue to depend on Kyler playing out of his mind to win

How many weapons do you need? If you can only win by massively superior force you have to question if you have the right General.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How many weapons do you need? If you can only win by massively superior force you have to question if you have the right General.

like I said we could upgrade

RB a legit number 1
TE
WR 2/3

would you disagree? Name me the guys at those positions and tell me why your happy with them because I’m not. Name me all these weapons you see on this offense.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury hopes quarterbacks go with the first five picks in the NFL draft

The one position the Cardinals know they won’t draft in the first round is quarterback, which means Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury is hoping to see a run on quarterbacks at the start of the draft.

“We’re hoping they go [with the] top five picks,” Kingsbury said, via ArizonaSports.com. “It’ll push a player that we have rated really highly to us. It’s going to be interesting. It’s a great group. I haven’t studied them as thoroughly as I have in the past, but very, very talented young men that all could go in that top 10-to-15 picks.”

If the five top quarterbacks — Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, Trey Lance and Justin Fields — all go in the Top 15 picks, the Cardinals will be very pleased with the players available to them at No. 16 overall.

Mock drafts are all over the map about what the Cardinals might actually do at No. 16, but Kingsbury isn’t afraid to reveal one thing: They’re not taking a quarterback.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We have to go corner don't we
We do if we're drafting for need, which is usually a bad thing. My suggestion is to consult your Horoscope Thursday morning, as the answer is in the stars. But if you just want to go by what this Board predicts, I think about two dozen guys have been put forth as 'our' choice. So it will probably be one of the two dozen.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury hopes quarterbacks go with the first five picks in the NFL draft

The one position the Cardinals know they won’t draft in the first round is quarterback, which means Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury is hoping to see a run on quarterbacks at the start of the draft.

“We’re hoping they go [with the] top five picks,” Kingsbury said, via ArizonaSports.com. “It’ll push a player that we have rated really highly to us. It’s going to be interesting. It’s a great group. I haven’t studied them as thoroughly as I have in the past, but very, very talented young men that all could go in that top 10-to-15 picks.”

If the five top quarterbacks — Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, Trey Lance and Justin Fields — all go in the Top 15 picks, the Cardinals will be very pleased with the players available to them at No. 16 overall.

Mock drafts are all over the map about what the Cardinals might actually do at No. 16, but Kingsbury isn’t afraid to reveal one thing: They’re not taking a quarterback.

Akin to reporting that Stout likes Guinness. A-duh!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This.

I know you’re not talking about no damn AJ Green.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
like I said we could upgrade

RB a legit number 1
TE
WR 2/3

would you disagree? Name me the guys at those positions and tell me why your happy with them because I’m not. Name me all these weapons you see on this offense.

Were talking about the 1st pick here right?

Any RB at #16 is bad value.
There are no TE's at #16
You don;t draft a WR2/WR3 in the top 20.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This.

Seriously?

Every offensive-minded coach wants more weapons on his side of the ball and the same can be said for a H-C with a background on defence.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seriously?

Every offensive-minded coach wants more weapons on his side of the ball and the same can be said for a H-C with a background on defence.

He's the HC. There are two sides to the ball and you need both to win games.

I just watched Kyler on GMFB. He was asked "Do you have input in the draft? Are you on to Steve Keim saying "Get me this wide receiver" or "I love this running back"?" (I'm paraphrasing) and Kyler's answer was,

"If anything it's the opposite. I know how important it is to get defensive stops".

Kyler can see what Kliff can't. The best weapon we can give Kyler is to take away the other teams weapons.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's the HC. There are two sides to the ball and you need both to win games.

I just watched Kyler on GMFB. He was asked "Do you have input in the draft? Are you on to Steve Keim saying "Get me this wide receiver" or "I love this running back"?" (I'm paraphrasing) and Kyler's answer was,

"If anything it's the opposite. I know how important it is to get defensive stops".

Kyler can see what Kliff can't. The best weapon we can give Kyler is to take away the other teams weapons.

So Waddle and Farley are both available at #16 - what do you do?

(and please don't use trade down as a crutch)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Waddle, I really don't like Farley.

But there's a difference between going into the draft with a neutral mindset to take the best players available and one where you "need weapons for Kyler" and force the pick.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Waddle, I really don't like Farley.

But there's a difference between going into the draft with a neutral mindset to take the best players available and one where you "need weapons for Kyler" and force the pick.

I doubt force-feed will come into play.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I might go Farley in that scenario.
I will admit, I don't know much about Waddle but I am always hesitant to draft Alabama guys because of the overabundance of talent on the team. I think the talent surrounding them, makes every player look better than they are (especially @ QB and OL). The skill positions have fared a little better, which is why Waddle may not be a bad choice.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Were talking about the 1st pick here right?

Any RB at #16 is bad value.
There are no TE's at #16
You don;t draft a WR2/WR3 in the top 20.

no we are talking about you saying how many weapons do we need and we can’t keep dumping assets and money into our offensive weapons

so I’m asking you to name me all these “weapons” that your seeing on our offense and where we couldn’t use an upgrade since you think we’ve done enough on offense

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I take Caleb Farley. It is a choice similar to the Dolphins in 2006 IMO. Take a chance on Brees or go with the 'safe choice' in Culpepper. I say roll the dice on a potential replacement for PP21.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
no we are talking about you saying how many weapons do we need and we can’t keep dumping assets and money into our offensive weapons

so I’m asking you to name me all these “weapons” that your seeing on our offense and where we couldn’t use an upgrade since you think we’ve done enough on offense

And we have one sure thing at W/O next year under contract - Dhop.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

You mean like how Indy relied on Manning? Oh wait, he had two first round wrs and a first round rb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose