Call your shot, who are we drafting...

Reaction score
I like paulson adebo cb stanford if they trade back and get a 4th.
This is a tricky draft because of the depth
I love zaven collins - reminds me of brian urlacher. Will be great
But love wr toney from fla
Paddy fisher late

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In Arizona, the newspapers on Friday will shout, Extra, extra, read all about it:

"Arizona Cardinals GM, Steve Keim, showed that there is nothing wrong with his backbone by betting on a player's backbone when he selected CB Caleb Farley in the first round of last night's Draft."

Extra, extra......
Didn't sleep well. Just got up and dreamed that I saw the Friday newspapers, and they called the Cardinals pick, "The mistake by the lake".

Didn't see who they were talking about.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't sleep well. Just got up and dreamed that I saw the Friday newspapers, and they called the Cardinals pick, "The mistake by the lake".

Didn't see who they were talking about.

lol

That's how little faith fans have in Keim's drafting that they dream about draft disasters.

There are only two players I really don't want because the risk is just too great. Farley and Smith. Anyone other than them (except any RB obvs) and I'm ok with it. So it will almost certainly be one of those 2.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Newsome will be considered but his injury history will push Keim to the player with the higher ceiling.

it is kinda glossed over, but Newsome hasnt completed a college season injury free -- had a groin injury this past season

IIRC, each year it was lower body muscle pulls

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it is kinda glossed over, but Newsome hasnt completed a college season injury free -- had a groin injury this past season

IIRC, each year it was lower body muscle pulls

I'd still take Newsome. His injuries have been random muscle strains. Farley has had a none contact ACL tear cost him a season, missed games with a back injury and still two years later has required back surgery.

And he's had no pre draft testing. I think taking him at 16 would be nuts. Possibly one of the riskiest picks ever in the top 20.

Only 2 years at CB, no testing, major injury history. Sheesh. Has any other player ever gone that high with that kind of CV?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'd still take Newsome. His injuries have been random muscle strains. Farley has had a none contact ACL tear cost him a season, missed games with a back injury and still two years later has required back surgery.

And he's had no pre draft testing. I think taking him at 16 would be nuts. Possibly one of the riskiest picks ever in the top 20.

Only 2 years at CB, no testing, major injury history. Sheesh. Has any other player ever gone that high with that kind of CV?
An argument could be made to pass on both. This thread is about what we think Keim will do, and if he is sticking at 16, I think it will be Farley.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Riskiest picks ever? That's some hyperbole.

Farley moves like a much smaller corner. If you just watch tape, Farley makes the most plays.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Riskiest picks ever? That's some hyperbole.

Farley moves like a much smaller corner. If you just watch tape, Farley makes the most plays.

Name me another player with a torn ACL and 2 back surgeries or similar. That only played their position 2 years or less. That hasn't played in 17 months and hasn't done any physical testing at all. Then was drafted in the top 20, or even the 1st round.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Farley isn’t even the riskiest pick coming from his conference.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish we could somehow snag Rondale Moore... This kid may only be 5’7” but good lord with his almost 43 inch vertical and 4.3 40 time.... Hes a beast and also graduated college while playing football in 2.5 years... clearly intelligent and a good head on his shoulders.

Reaction score
DeVonta Smith.

Even if it's not Smith I could see them going BPA in the first and CB in the second.

I do think they will try to trade down in the first but that's easier said than done.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Guys I would take at 16

Penei Sewell
Rashawn Slater
AVT
Kyle Pitts
Ja'Marr Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Pat Surtain
Jaycee Horn

EDIT: I am kind of up in the air on Darrisaw and Kwity Paye at 16.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lots of you say Farley. Whoever they take I want them to contribute atleast like Deone Buccanon. Need that play off Cardinals season like fish needs water this season.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bo Callahan
Damaged goods.
His own team hates him.

I think Farley in the 1st and a WR in the 2nd.
Unless they trade back and take Rashod Bateman later in the 1st, which would be excellent also.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the first year I can remember where I honestly have no clue. The college football season was such a mess I can’t figure out who’s good and who’s not this year.

But we desperately need weapons on offense we can’t depend on a Murray to play at a freakish high level to win. He needs playmakers and a running game he can lean on.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is the first year I can remember where I honestly have no clue. The college football season was such a mess I can’t figure out who’s good and who’s not this year.

But we desperately need weapons on offense we can’t depend on a Murray to play at a freakish high level to win. He needs playmakers and a running game he can lean on.
I really hate continuing to dump money and assets into "weapons for Kyler" like our 1st overall pick hand-chosen by our offensive genius coach can't make it work without just a top 5 WR, high priced WR signing, and a litany of draft picks at the position. And I don't mean it as a knock on Kyler again, but there's going to be points in his career where he's going to need to make guys better.

That said, I'd like to get him an RB so he doesn't have to do everything too.