Kyler joins FaZe Clan

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldnt call it really bad, especially as his hardcore gaming may be during offseasons. I can't imagine he will be skipping film room time to win some warzone matches.

I'm fine with him gaming a little to chill out.

But for me there's no such thing as an off season for a young QB still learning. Certainly not with enough time for him to be a full time eSports member.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm fine with him gaming a little to chill out.

But for me there's no such thing as an off season for a young QB still learning. Certainly not with enough time for him to be a full time eSports member.

He says he plays about 3 hours of video games a day on his busiest days. I imagine that wont change much. It does mean at night he hops on COD instead of going to the bar though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He says he plays about 3 hours of video games a day on his busiest days. I imagine that wont change much. It does mean at night he hops on COD instead of going to the bar though.

I even think that's high. But if it stays that way it's just a marketing exercise.

There ain't any eSports pros only playing 3 hours a day.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I even think that's high. But if it stays that way it's just a marketing exercise.

There ain't any eSports pros only playing 3 hours a day.

I mean, you can think whatever you want. The average american spends about 4 hours a day watching tv and 3 hours a day staring at their phone. If he games instead of watching tv, IMO, its a better activity that actually feeds your brain and motor skills vs just being a coach zombie.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what we know:

He is at the gym at 5 AM daily. He has been working out at the team facility all off season instead of going back to Texas. He has been doing the work this off season.

These are the facts. Anything else about how he spends his downtime is frankly silly.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As long as it doesn’t take away from time he would’ve otherwise spent on football-related or conditioning activities idgaf

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Crazy thing is this may open up a whole new fan base.
My son plays Fortnite and watches these clowns on Youtube all the time.

has his own clothing line and an attorney on standby to claim his IP.

kids just trying to make all the right moves, and I bet he’s sponging up many lessons learned from those before him.

... I’m not a K1 homer by any stretch, but he is doing all the right things... get off his nuts yo!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Here is what we know:

He is at the gym at 5 AM daily. He has been working out at the team facility all off season instead of going back to Texas. He has been doing the work this off season.

These are the facts. Anything else about how he spends his downtime is frankly silly.

This. The kid can do both easily. Plus...... He's probably getting paid here. AND...... He's probably not making questionable phone calls on his way out of the club at 3am.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here is what we know:

This. The kid can do both easily. Plus...... He's probably getting paid here. AND...... He's probably not making questionable phone calls on his way out of the club at 3am.
Dont question Kyler's work ethic. He physically transformed last offseason, but he's no longer in town.

Murray spent the early part of the offseason trying to get his body healthy and refining his fundamentals.

He dealt with a shoulder injury midway through the season and an ankle injury late in the year. He said both of those injuries are healed.

Part of his offseason routine was spent "getting back to my roots," which meant bringing his throwing motion back to what it was before the shoulder injury.

"I had a little shoulder deal during the season which caused me to kind of get out of whack as far as mechanically, throwing the ball and stuff like that, which, I was fine, but I want to get back to myself," Murray said. "If you go back and you watch my college highlights and then if you go watch this past year's highlights, my release is a lot longer due to me having to deal with being a little hurt, banged up."

With the Cardinals a week into their offseason program, Murray said he would like to continue this year's offseason virtually. He's still in Texas, working out and training with his longtime trainer Stephen Baca.
Kyler Murray says Arizona Cardinals must master the 'little things' to win (espn.com)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well he could still be doing this :)

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Its the first line of their wiki

FaZe Clan is a professional esports and entertainment organization headquartered in Los Angeles, United States.

That's not the only thing they do.

They're first and foremost a company that supports/sponsors several pro-gaming teams.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31339384/arizona-cardinals-qb-kyler-murray-welcomed-faze-clan

Murray, an avid gamer with 62,800 followers on Twitch, joins LeBron James' son Bronny James and Philadelphia 76ers star Ben Simmons as one of FaZe's 85 "members," often influential personalities across a variety of genres, to represent FaZe, help create "lifestyle content" and continue to stream. FaZe also has nine professional teams that compete in nine esports leagues.

In December, Forbes ranked FaZe as the fourth-most valuable esports company in the world, valued at $305 million with a 27% one-year return and revenues of $40 million. Some of FaZe's larger sponsors include Nissan, Verizon and Manchester City Football Club of the English Premier League.

Murray is investing in the COMPANY. He's not doing pro-gaming on the side.

Murray is also in the process of investing in FaZe, which will make him an equity shareholder in the organization. However, Murray didn't receive any compensation for becoming a member of FaZe.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's not the only thing they do.

They're first and foremost a company that supports/sponsors several pro-gaming teams.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31339384/arizona-cardinals-qb-kyler-murray-welcomed-faze-clan

Murray is investing in the COMPANY. He's not doing pro-gaming on the side.

That's fine. I said that several tweets ago. If this is just a business/marketing/PR deal then crack on.

If it means more time gaming and less time on football then not so much.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did anyone of you look the video? I think not, since it really is just a promotion for the NFL DRAFT... gosh guys...

Kyler isn't good enough to play for Faze... He isn't even good enough to be on there non existing NFL team... He maybe is a honorable member but nothing more.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave