Votes: 8 12.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Obviously we aren't privy to the medical evaluation, so we can't make an informed decision.

The other two top corners are gone, the top three receivers and Pitts are gone; the top two tackles are gone,
and assuming you have no trade down options, do you take Farley at 16?

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think he is worth rolling the dice on at pick 16 but if we are concern then others might be concern. At this point I would rather find a trade partner and move back a little to gain more picks but still be in the range to pick him up.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I begrudgingly think he will be the pick and would begrudgingly make the pick.

I personally would pull the trigger on an RB or AVT in this scenario.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Feels too much like Tom Knight Part 2

Except Farley would probably be the top corner if not for injuries.

Tom Knight was a case of the Cardinals massively reaching for a need. You can argue that yes, corner is a need, but Farley clearly has top 15 tape, while Knight was an early 2nd round kind of corner.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except Farley would probably be the top corner if not for injuries.

Tom Knight was a case of the Cardinals massively reaching for a need. You can argue that yes, corner is a need, but Farley clearly has top 15 tape, while Knight was an early 2nd round kind of corner.

Every prospect would be the best if not for one thing.

We don't have the luxury to gamble thanks to Keim's other drafts

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Think it’ll be Newsome. Would love that or AVT.

Farley, I’m still not sure about.
I have the same basic concern about Newsome that I do Farley - lack of experience. Farley's is even more complicated with the medical, but I also don't think Newsome has the ceiling Farley does.

Admittedly, this is a year where grading out corners isn't going to be my strong suit. I watched college where I could this year, but didn't turn on tape and go back and look at specifics.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

DV, Greg Newsome’s injury trouble is just as big as Farley’s, if not bigger. He has missed time in all three seasons at Northwestern.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Newsome at 16? I would only take Newsome if we traded into the 20’s somewhere. From a talent standpoint, IMO, Farley is much better than Newsome. If we stay at 16 & get cold feet with Farley, then I would probably go WR or OL.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a risk, but I think it is a risk worth taking.

To me taking Newsome is much more akin to Tom Knight than Farley would be. Meaning Farley has really high upside, while Newsome has very little upside IMO.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

To me taking Newsome is much more akin to Tom Knight than Farley would be. Meaning Farley has really high upside, while Newsome has very little upside IMO.

LOL wut? This was his pro day.

At his pro day, Newsome landed a massive Relative Athletic Score of 9.66 out of 10. On the day, Newsome ran a blazing 4.39 second 40-yard dash, hi 40 inches in his vertical jump, and over 10 feet in his broad jump. He then hit under seven seconds in his three-cone time as well.

This was his performance on the field.

Last season, per Pro Football Focus, Newsome was targeted on seven passes of 20 or more air yards, and he didn’t give up a single catch. That kind of ability to erase receivers in the deep third of a defense is rather attractive to NFL teams these days. Even at 10-plus yards, his numbers are still striking: Newsome was targeted 15 times, allowed one reception, and no touchdowns while securing one interception. It led Newsome to point out the not-so-secret secret.

Nate

Registered
Reaction score

To me, Newsome has the far higher floor (good CB2), while the technically raw Farley has the higher ceiling.

Newsome would be good addition.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
If the top two corners, three WRs, Pitts, Sewell and Slater are all gone, I pretty much won’t hate whoever we choose. Outside of QB, I’m not sure there’s a position on the roster that couldn’t use the upgrade of a first round talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I wish someone would show me why Caleb Farley is so great. He has the lowest floor of all the top CB's. The guy has 23 games EVER at CB. He's raw as hell.

For sure not a year one starter.

How anyone can look at what happened with Simmons last year and think "Let's have more of that with Farley" is beyond me.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish someone would show me why Caleb Farley is so great. He has the lowest floor of all the top CB's. The guy has 23 games EVER at CB. He's raw as hell.

How anyone can look at what happened with Simmons last year and think "Let's have more of that with Farley" is beyond me.

And he is older then the other guys too

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The reality is because most are just parroting the media rankings that they are seeing.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Farley suffered a non-contact ACL tear in 2017 that forced him to miss the season. Missed the last two games in 2019 due to back spasms, an issue Farley dealt with all season long. Sat out the 2020 season due to COVID concerns and still needed back surgery to repair two bulging disks.

Farley was originally targeted to play WR until the ACL tear in 2017. Was converted to CB in 2018. Played QB in high school.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The reality is because most are just parroting the media rankings that they are seeing.

I don't even think he's very good. I'm no scout obviously, but we all watch enough football to know what looks right and what looks wrong and I just see a fast, tall guy who's not actually that good at playing corner. He's not bad, but he looks far from the finished article. Even his interceptions aren't great. A lot of bad passes most CB's would pick off.

Played against a lot of future insurance salesmen. Looked bad vs Claypool to the point he was playing 13 yards off him because he was getting spanked at the line. Even McKinley had his way with him in that game.

Super hard pass (Obviously he's going to be Revis now)

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
As much as it would be tempting to take Farley because of the glaring need at cornerback, I would not touch him. I had the same surgery (discectomy) that
Farley had. My surgeon was awesome, but did warn me that the injury could happen again if I was not careful. Everything was good for about 4 years. About a year ago, I picked up a medium sized box and twisted my body a little in order to get the box in the car. I immediately felt pain and then tingling down my left leg. I knew what I was dealing with right away. In order to avoid a second surgery, I have seen two highly respected orthopedic doctors, a pain management clinic, and gone for several months of Physical Therapy. None of that has helped. I am now facing my second discectomy. If I was the Cardinal's front office, I would steer clear of Farley. I think they would be asking for trouble if they drafted him!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hard pass. Having two back surgeries within 18 months means one very clear and troubling truth... the first back surgery didn’t work. Why the hell would we take a guy before knowing if the second surgery worked?

two back surgeries before 22 is a total no go.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hard pass. Having two back surgeries within 18 months means one very clear and troubling truth... the first back surgery didn’t work. Why the hell would we take a guy before knowing if the second surgery worked?

two back surgeries before 22 is a total no go.

Two back surgeries in 2 years and nobody has seen him move in person since 2019. Seems nuts to me that more isn't being made of this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave