Suns @ Nets Sunday game thread 4-25-2021

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GOOD.

Hope we get some playoff intensity these next two!

i would have been with lack of players and wins now and playoff intensity in the following two games against Utah and the Clippers.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Paul, Book, Bridges, DA, Crowder have missed 9 games combined. If teams top-5 minute getters that’s got to be tops in the league.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timberwolves beat the Jazz tonight but the Clippers and Nuggets are on the Suns heels.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timberwolves beat the Jazz tonight but the Clippers and Nuggets are on the Suns heels.

falling to 3Rd I could stomach. Falling to 4th and behind Denver, having to play the Lakers in the first round would be AWFUL.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
falling to 3Rd I could stomach. Falling to 4th and behind Denver, having to play the Lakers in the first round would be AWFUL.

Yeah, I don't even want to think about it. Suns need to get healthy.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Lakers are 5th then perhaps staying at 2 would be ideal. We could avoid them in the first and second round that way.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Dario has been effectively out for a month. Crowder not being available will hurt. The Nets missing Harden offsets any injuries the suns have.

The suns have got to the luckiest team in the league when it comes to injury. It would be a shame if that changed heading into the playoffs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Lakers are 5th then perhaps staying at 2 would be ideal. We could avoid them in the first and second round that way.

Ideal yes but not very likely IMO. Our bad losses this season have been hidden somewhat by our easy schedule. Now, we're facing the tough part of our schedule and I doubt we close the season playing .500 ball. Unless the Clippers fall apart they should catch us given their remaining schedule. Fortunately, no one else is really within range to catch us if we play average Suns ball. Denver would have to make up 4 games in the loss column which is possible but not likely.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario has been effectively out for a month. Crowder not being available will hurt. The Nets missing Harden offsets any injuries the suns have.

The suns have got to the luckiest team in the league when it comes to injury. It would be a shame if that changed heading into the playoffs.

While Dario has not played his best basketball he did fill a void inside, as did Crowder, especially on defense.

Offensively Crowder will be missed as well.

I expect Jeff Green, Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordon to try to exploit the Suns inside. Aside from Jordon, they can shoot the ball outside as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Further confirmation Kevin Durant will play.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man getting nervous on gm really hoping book and maybe dario shows up again....

Glad suns beat 76ers lucked out vs bucks but need to get couple more w for confidence and poff seeding position

Go suns....

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man getting nervous on gm really hoping book and maybe dario shows up again....

Glad suns beat 76ers lucked out vs bucks but need to get couple more w for confidence and poff seeding position

Go suns....

We will have to wait for Dario though. He is out.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe that's for the best so he can rest up and heal. Plus it gives Frank a chance to remind Monty he should be part of the rotation.

His absence makes no sense to me but we've had need of him in the past and still he's stayed glued to the bench. I'm sure the coach has a reason for it but it's not apparent to me (or to most of us). I have no clue why Coach has frozen him out but if I were forced to guess I'd say it's because Monty doesn't like what Frank does to our defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe that's for the best so he can rest up and heal. Plus it gives Frank a chance to remind Monty he should be part of the rotation.

I'm not sure why Monty hasn't been playing Kaminsky more just for an occasion like today when the Suns would be short handed upfront.

As @GatorAZ mentioned in another post. The Suns starters (Paul, Booker, Bridges, Crowder and Ayton) have only missed 9 games combined all season. It was only a matter of time before injuries took their toll.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Durant will see meaningful minutes today.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm sorry him being injured is not the reason for his poor play. He has been moving the same as he always has.

James Jones refusal to not sign another big is probably going to be this teams downfall.

James Jones GM skills are so overrated it sickens me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry him being injured is not the reason for his poor play. He has been moving the same as he always has.

James Jones refusal to not sign another big is probably going to be this teams downfall.

The failure to sign another big man is the Suns Achilles heel.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

even as a one time Jones skeptic, dude turned a team around from the worst in the league to 2nd best record in the league in 2 years. He’s done a pretty solid job. Perfect? No. But being sickened by praise seems a little harsh.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1hr till tip.... i am happy that nash is having success as a coach he and Barkley my top 2 suns players tom chambers a close 3rd

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave