P2 says goodbye to Arizona

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah it looked terrible not denying that but over the course of his stay was very positive and productive. He was one of the reasons this franchise flipped for the better. For me a meltdown at the worst moment doesn’t overshadow that. To each his own.
I have fond memories of Quan as a card, but I’ll continue to judge him for that display. Even as I would support his place in cards history.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jacksonville won 11 total games in the three seasons before Calais joined the team.

Uh they were 3-13 the season before and hadn’t had a winning season in 9 years when CC signed there. Lol

What did they do after? Anyone could see they were assembling a good roster.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Calais used the "I like what GM "X" and Coach "W" are doing here and want to be part of it" line before he signed for 4 years - $60M ($30M guaranteed at signing). ;)

I don't get the argument here man. Calais was FA and Keim made it clear they were going to pay CJ over him. It's not like we offered him $15m and he took $15.25m elsewhere.

He wanted to stay. The guy gave everything on and off the field. One Calais is worth five P2's in my book.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't get the argument here man. Calais was FA and Keim made it clear they were going to pay CJ over him. It's not like we offered him $15m and he took $15.25m elsewhere.

He wanted to stay. The guy gave everything on and off the field. One Calais is worth five P2's in my book.

Keim made an offer and Calais circled back with the JAGS offer, which was too much for the Cards liking.

Point: Money talks and pretty much everything else is B-S for public consumption.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

I'm glad I didn't read that book. Calais was great, one of my favorites, but PP took away the other teams biggest receiving, likely #1 offensive threat every week for a number or years. QB's would rarely throw in his direction.

People just discount how good he was because, for example as you stated, he took down Cards logos on his instagram/twitter/whatever. That has nothing to do with how good he was.

As for the PED's, there a great number of players taking some kind of PED. I've been told this numerous times. PP just got caught. Btw, did they ever say what he was busted for? I can't remember.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I didn't read that book. Calais was great, one of my favorites, but PP took away the other teams biggest receiving, likely #1 offensive threat every week for a number or years. QB's would rarely throw in his direction.

People just discount how good he was because, for example as you stated, he took down Cards logos on his instagram/twitter/whatever. That has nothing to do with how good he was.

As for the PED's, there a great number of players taking some kind of PED. I've been told this numerous times. PP just got caught. Btw, did they ever say what he was busted for? I can't remember.

It was something to help with the diabetes. Right or wrong, I don't fault him. Diabetes impacted his play dramatically and he wanted to stay in top and most people would do the same to stay on top.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not his play. As a man. As a leader.

Look I don't dislike P2 but he's always been too much of a diva, too much about himself. I never felt he had that desire to win, as long as people were talking about him. As long as people thought he was one of the best he was happy with that, and actually winning was a bonus if he got it.

I'm glad he was here for his peak years but there were less of them than people think. That's just my opinion and others can have theirs. There's no agreeing on this, we are all going to like some people and not others.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No we offered him more money than Micheal Bennett in Seattle who also just re upped who at the time was his biggest comp, Jacksonville came in and damn near doubled it.

they had 1...1 winning season. 1 winning season in 12 years

you are clearly remembering things wrong. That’s ok

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

thank god your not a GM cause a 3-4 DE is in no way more important than a legit number 1 shut down CB

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Insulin is a PED?

I know right. It's not as if there aren't other players who have had diabetes.

The PEDs were more about Peterson trying to protect his own image as a top tear "7x pro bowl" CB.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you did then I think you were being disingenuous in your argument.

Not at all. Winning teams become losing teams and vice versa every year. Players sign where they feel they can win. No guarentees.

There are maybe a handful of teams every year you feel guaranteed to have a winning record.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not at all. Winning teams become losing teams and vice versa every year. Players sign where they feel they can win. No guarentees.

There are maybe a handful of teams every year you feel guaranteed to have a winning record.
You’re talking about a team that had a decade of losing coming off a 3 win season.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

C'mon, he went where the most money was. There's nothing wrong with that. It happens all the time. Hell, it just happened this year with JJ Watt.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Yeah it looked terrible not denying that but over the course of his stay was very positive and productive. He was one of the reasons this franchise flipped for the better. For me a meltdown at the worst moment doesn’t overshadow that. To each his own.
Not to mention that Todd Haley was toxic. He added fuel to that fire, instead of extinguishing it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose