P2 says goodbye to Arizona

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah it’s interesting. I have always respected his talent. And man was I stoked when we drafted him. And I thought he was the beat in the nfl for a period of time. But I never fell in love with PP. I can’t recall any of our better players that I can say that about.
I’ll remember Calais more fondly than PEDerson.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Peterson was always massively overrated by fans, the media and thus the league as a whole.

He wasn't even the best CB in our division, that was Sherman, and he rode a few good years and some pro bowls to to a reputation he largely didn't deserve. Of his seven PB's he probably deserved 3, but once you get a rep those PB votes keep coming (See Marshon Lattimore).

A quality player, but nowhere near as good as many or he himself believed. Most definitely not a Hall of Fame player.

I'll always remember him as a player who cared far more about himself than the team as demonstrated by his "I'd rather have a gold jacket than a ring" comment.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Peterson was always massively overrated by fans, the media and thus the league as a whole.

He wasn't even the best CB in our division, that was Sherman, and he rode a few good years and some pro bowls to to a reputation he largely didn't deserve. Of his seven PB's he probably deserved 3, but once you get a rep those PB votes keep coming (See Marshon Lattimore).

A quality player, but nowhere near as good as many or he himself believed. Most definitely not a Hall of Fame player.

I'll always remember him as a player who cared far more about himself than the team as demonstrated by his "I'd rather have a gold jacket than a ring" comment.
Eh, I mean, I would, too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh, I mean, I would, too.

That's fair enough, but if you are going to be playing a team game you can't have more interest in your own glory. Not in my book anyway.

You do your job and you make sure the team wins, even if that's doing the dirty work outside the limelight.

Guys like Budda, Watt, Calais etc aren't bothered about personal glory. For me, that's all P2 cared about.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's fair enough, but if you are going to be playing a team game you can't have more interest in your own glory. Not in my book anyway.

You do your job and you make sure the team wins, even if that's doing the dirty work outside the limelight.

Guys like Budda, Watt, Calais etc aren't bothered about personal glory. For me, that's all P2 cared about.

yeah keep living in that fantasy world where these guys are all about the team Boy Scouts lol. No trust me they’d pretty much all rather ball out and get paid than win a ring and be a role player. This is a business

CC didn’t hesitate to take the money and leave town as he should and Watt? You think Watt is genuine?

dude you got no idea

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I don't think THE LEAGUE's opinion of Peterson's talents and accomplishments were or is subject to what the media and thus fans thought one way or another. Whether a CB in his own division was arguably better is a bit irrelevant to his League-wide reputation, and if he stays healthy the Hall of Fame is still an open question. As to his personality (irrelevant) and true motivations, I'll leave that to tea leaf readers given that the quote could be understood as PP21 saying that a gold jacket means that he consistently did his job, but that a ring is simply out of his hands.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah keep living in that fantasy world where these guys are all about the team Boy Scouts lol. No trust me they’d pretty much all rather ball out and get paid than win a ring and be a role player. This is a business

CC didn’t hesitate to take the money and leave town as he should and Watt? You think Watt is genuine?

dude you got no idea

I didn't say that. All players are driven by money and personal achievement to some extent, as we all are. But for most of them that stops when they hit the field.

It's not just the jacket comment, P2 demonstrated it over and over again with things like still wanting to get paid when he had his PED suspension and removing all Cards affiliations from his socials when they wouldn't.

QuebecCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I didn't say that. All players are driven by money and personal achievement to some extent, as we all are. But for most of them that stops when they hit the field.

It's not just the jacket comment, P2 demonstrated it over and over again with things like still wanting to get paid when he had his PED suspension and removing all Cards affiliations from his socials when they wouldn't.

Trying to imagine PP21, who has made over $100m in his career, with money on his mind as he hits the field.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I don’t think PP was better than Fitz at their respective peaks. Fitz had a crappercoaster of QBs. I don’t think we know what Fitz truly could’ve been at his peak with the proper QB and consistency at the QB position.

Id argue that we saw his peak. He had that consistency for a 4.5 year stretch with Warner. He was awesome and in his 4-7th seasons and at his physical peak. He was amazing.

It could be argued his best statistical season was with Derick Anderson and John Skelton throwing to him in 2011.

Then he had it again 2013 -2017 when he had Carson Palmer... Who played at a high level here. Fitz had grade A QB play and consistency for basically over a decade. Yet he had better statistical seasons in a couple seasons with bozos at QB. Then throw in the last 2 season with Murray. That’s 12 years out of 17 with good QB play. Not really sure we can buy the whole he got short changed in the QB arena. I know it gets thrown out there.

All that being said he was better then PP in their primes I agree.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

dude you got no idea

Yeah. Calais literally went to Jacksonville after telling people he wanted to play for a winner.

Fans need to stop being sensitive to diva players. Most of us would not be so humble with an eight-figure net worth.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Id argue that we saw his peak. He had that consistency for a 4.5 year stretch with Warner. He was awesome and in his 4-7th seasons and at his physical peak. He was amazing.

It could be argued his best statistical season was with Derick Anderson and John Skelton throwing to him in 2011.

Then he had it again 2013 -2017 when he had Carson Palmer... Who played at a high level here. Fitz had grade A QB play and consistency for basically over a decade. Yet he had better statistical seasons in a couple seasons with bozos at QB. Then throw in the last 2 season with Murray. That’s 12 years out of 17 with good QB play. Not really sure we can buy the whole he got short changed in the QB arena. I know it gets thrown out there.

All that being said he was better then PP in their primes I agree.
Eh, do ‘05 and ‘06 (and maybe even ‘07) really count? That wasn’t humming again Warner and he only had Warner for 10, 5, and 11 games those seasons. And kyler was end end of career. I’m talking the meat of his career. Like ages 25-32. Imagine if he had a great QB with whom he could develop a connection over time like Manning and Harrison or Montana and rice. I think his numbers would’ve been VERY different.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why are some of you guys acting so clueless as to why others have slandered Peterson the past couple of seasons?

This might be new to some of you, but some of us don’t like watching mediocre play. Especially for a extended period of time.

Makes no sense for all the “I don’t understand the hate he has gotten” posts unless you’re some huge Peterson stan.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. Calais literally went to Jacksonville after telling people he wanted to play for a winner.

Fans need to stop being sensitive to diva players. Most of us would not be so humble with an eight-figure net worth.

Wanting to "go to a winner" isn't selfish. It's the epitome of what I was saying. He cares about winning as a team.

Selfish would have been going to play for the Bengals for more money.

QuebecCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wanting to "go to a winner" isn't selfish. It's the epitome of what I was saying. He cares about winning as a team.

Talk's cheap!

If they're not saying I want to "go to a winner" they're saying "I like what GM "X" and Coach "Y" are doing here and want to be part of it". There are a dozen variations on this theme for public consumption but close scrutiny shows that lo-and-behold it also included the most overall money and/or guarantees. ;)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Jacksonville won 11 total games in the three seasons before Calais joined the team.

Last edited:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll miss him. I don't really understand the hate he's gotten. It'll be many a year before we see someone play as well as him, and generally function with class off the field.

This Solar. I loved the man, despite his decline in play. He was a source of pride for many of us when we often had none. He'll be forever my guy.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Uh they were 3-13 the season before and hadn’t had a winning season in 9 years when CC signed there. Lol

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The dudes lowest moment was when he and his team were on their way to the super bowl . . . everyone feel free to judge away.

Yeah it looked terrible not denying that but over the course of his stay was very positive and productive. He was one of the reasons this franchise flipped for the better. For me a meltdown at the worst moment doesn’t overshadow that. To each his own.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr