P2 says goodbye to Arizona

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He was ragged on when playing great for not being a good tackler.

I don't remember people ragging on Larry much last year when he was playing terrible.
If you don’t see the difference between the two let me explain:

PP wasn’t just “not a good tackler” he was a low-to-sometimes-no effort tackler. I never saw Fitz shy away from any effort on the field. He just got old.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PP wasn’t just “not a good tackler” he was a low-to-sometimes-no effort tackler. I never saw Fitz shy away from any effort on the field. He just got old.

yep this. Many times on film you could see PP wouldn’t even try to make a tackle which if he had could have stopped a big play.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What does that have to do with getting ragged on when playing poorly?

even when he was all pro certain guys on here would try and make the case for practice squad guys being better it’s comical

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
HOF CB, but gets ragged on here all the time. :shrug:

If I told you the guy we were going to draft at 16 this year would go on to make 8 pro bowls be all NFL 3x and be voted on to the all decade team would you take that?

OF COURSE!!!

stop focusing on what guys don’t do well and appreciate what they do great.

we left that dude on an island for pretty much his entire career and he held it down

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Well written, but as with everything PP, too calculated and polished. Beyond his obvious talent and being an overall good guy, he never really connected with the fans in a meaningful way, and I feel like his time here was disappointing, from the standpoint that he could have done more or contributed more if he were willing to get dirty or play with a little more edge.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well written, but as with everything PP, too calculated and polished. Beyond his obvious talent and being an overall good guy, he never really connected with the fans in a meaningful way, and I feel like his time here was disappointing, from the standpoint that he could have done more or contributed more if he were willing to get dirty or play with a little more edge.

he played well enough to make an all decade team what more do you want?

how dare he not go out and get concussions every week for the fans. CB literally practice with tennis balls taped to there palms so they don’t grab. It’s the least physical positions in the sport because it has to be the rules have made it that way.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
he played well enough to make an all decade team what more do you want?

PP was a fantastic player - the problem wasn't what he produced, more what he could have done with all his talent.

how dare he not go out and get concussions every week for the fans. CB literally practice with tennis balls taped to there palms so they don’t grab. It’s the least physical positions in the sport because it has to be the rules have made it that way.

Hilarious. Nobody is asking him to go out there and be Budda - just show a little effort in tackling and less business decisions.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PP was a fantastic player - the problem wasn't what he produced, more what he could have done with all his talent.

Hilarious. Nobody is asking him to go out there and be Budda - just show a little effort in tackling and less business decisions.

3x First team all pro
8x Pro Bowl
Voted all decade team NFL and Sporting News

I mean what more would you have liked Sir.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

In their prime, PP was the better player.
Do you think maybe the Cards may have told him not to throw his body around? He doesn’t do the team any good injured. I think they told him that on punt returns for sure because they didn’t want him risking it unless he saw a hole.

Like Deion said, they don’t pay me to tackle.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you think maybe the Cards may have told him not to throw his body around? He doesn’t do the team any good injured. I think they told him that on punt returns for sure because they didn’t want him risking it unless he saw a hole.

right and prime time is the greatest of all time at the position and it ain’t up for debate. For guys to look to a CB to by physical just doesn’t make any sense to me.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The one thing that I personally remember about PP is during preseason practice when it was held in Flagstaff. I only went to one or two practices, ever, before they moved to Phx.

He was our first round pick. During the practice I went to, probably only the third or fourth one, after practice was over, all the players were walking from the practice field to their field house. Most of the players were walking (a couple were riding those two wheeled things - forget what they are called, down the middle of the field, 30 or 40 yards away from the fenced sides. There were a few people, mostly kids lined up by the fence (most of the spectators were waiting for the players at the end of the field).

Patrick Peterson was the only player who took the time and walked over to the fence and started signing autographs and letting his picture be taken with the fans. Not one of the other players took the time to come over and do what he did.

I've always remembered and appreciated him doing that for the fans (mostly kids in the beginning).

Good luck PP.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3x First team all pro
8x Pro Bowl
Voted all decade team NFL and Sporting News

I mean what more would you have liked Sir.

Ah, pro bowls... Right

I guess he meant other numbers

Interceptions
Pass deflections

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ah, pro bowls... Right

I guess he meant other numbers

Interceptions
Pass deflections

kinda hard to get those when nobody throws your way. Those are kind of empty stats for shut down corners. You know that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah it’s interesting. I have always respected his talent. And man was I stoked when we drafted him. And I thought he was the beat in the nfl for a period of time. But I never fell in love with PP. I can’t recall any of our better players that I can say that about.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

No, I don’t think the cardinals told him not to tackle.

And I don’t think PP was better than Fitz at their respective peaks. Fitz had a crappercoaster of QBs. I don’t think we know what Fitz truly could’ve been at his peak with the proper QB and consistency at the QB position.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
right and prime time is the greatest of all time at the position and it ain’t up for debate. For guys to look to a CB to by physical just doesn’t make any sense to me.
There’s a difference between playing “physical” and not tackling.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yeah it’s interesting. I have always respected his talent. And man was I stoked when we drafted him. And I thought he was the beat in the nfl for a period of time. But I never fell in love with PP. I can’t recall any of our better players that I can say that about.

Indeed. Guys like Dockett, A-Dub, and Boldin may not have PP's accolades, but I will still remember them more fondly.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll miss him. I don't really understand the hate he's gotten. It'll be many a year before we see someone play as well as him, and generally function with class off the field.
lol, nah.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr