#1 Pick

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've advocated for reaching at RB because I want to improve the offense, but I really don't want a first round WR. We've invested so much at that position and we already have a super star in Hopkins. I think one or two of the other guys in that room steps up to their role.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I've advocated for reaching at RB because I want to improve the offense, but I really don't want a first round WR. We've invested so much at that position and we already have a super star in Hopkins. I think one or two of the other guys in that room steps up to their role.
Ditto. My hope this year was that we'd invest in a #2 to stick around for a few years, not a one year rental in Green, but I'm going to rip my hair out if we invest another pick in a WR and he flames out like everyone else we've picked since Fitz, especially in the past few, post-Arians years.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Under no circumstance should this team take a RB in Round #1, since it's a position you can plug-and-play in the later rounds. I'd take Najee Harris in the second round without blinking as that dude has so much athleticism and versatility. I would question a WR at 16. As I've said, a franchise QB can get the most out of his receivers, especially if Hop and Green are your two top options, and Kirk isnt a slouch. It's on Kyler to make them better or hit their potential.

If Horn, Surtain and Farley are gone by 16, then we have a conundrum on our hands, at which point, Keim should do everything to trade back.
I think it’s fascinating you threw Green in there with Hop like he’s anything close to prime Green.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wrs deepest position in the draft, if we draft one before day 3 I will be pissed. CB or OL at 16 or trade back.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
R1 - best CB available (unless 1 of top 4 WRs is available)
R2 - best CB if not taken R1, then WR or OG
R5 - best OG, WR or RB (unless Stanford's QB Mills should fall to us here)
R6-7 - best TE, OG, OT, & C still available

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It’s a big leap to expect a first-round rookie WR to be an instant impact player. For every Justin Jefferson there are four or five Michael Floyd’s.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont know with as many as 4Qbs being taken in top 10 and 5 in top 15 there is very likely to be elite talent still on the board.
You're right about the 4 QBs, but there figures to be a corresponding dearth of Top 16 offensive linemen, EDG rushers etc. Every time I mock the Top 16, I run out of elite players at around 14.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You're right about the 4 QBs, but there figures to be a corresponding dearth of Top 16 offensive linemen, EDG rushers etc. Every time I mock the Top 16, I run out of elite players at around 14.

supports rumors of a move up. why is WR a target, very deep WR class

might be the last draft for the next few years where we have an opportunity to grab another elite talent

I’m warming up to the idea of moving up but not WR, smoke screen? not his mo

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
calling my shot more than one week till the draft. As usual, this prediction is 100% guaranteed or your money back:

DeVonta Smith will fall to #16 and be the Cards pick.

change my mind

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
calling my shot more than one week till the draft. As usual, this prediction is 100% guaranteed or your money back:

DeVonta Smith will fall to #16 and be the Cards pick.

change my mind
Well...Keim is still making the pick...so there's that lol

Reaction score
I prefer Horn & I think that will be the pick at 16. I would be okay with any of the top 3 CBs, Waddle, Chase, Pitts, if we stay put or trade up or if we trade back & select Newsome,Harris or Collins. Some have us selecting Jalean Phillips. I'm not sure about him or Rouseau unless we do trade back. Going to be a strange draft for sure.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I prefer Horn & I think that will be the pick at 16. I would be okay with any of the top 3 CBs, Waddle, Chase, Pitts, if we stay put or trade up or if we trade back & select Newsome,Harris or Collins. Some have us selecting Jalean Phillips. I'm not sure about him or Rouseau unless we do trade back. Going to be a strange draft for sure.
I just don’t see Horn falling that far, but really hope I’m wrong.